U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-18-2018, 09:19 AM
 
9,471 posts, read 2,329,159 times
Reputation: 4681

Advertisements

White House refuses to release photo of Trump gun law repeal

"The White House has refused to release a photo of President Donald Trump signing a law making it easier for some people with mental illness to buy guns."

Now why on earth would that be ?!?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-18-2018, 09:28 AM
 
Location: Barrington
45,866 posts, read 34,067,070 times
Reputation: 15329
A lousy opric.

The intended law sought to prohibit people recieving SSDI due to severe mental illness from being able to legally purchase a firearm.

Both the NRA and ACLU opposed this restriction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2018, 09:40 AM
 
Location: San Diego
35,203 posts, read 32,177,752 times
Reputation: 19756
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
A lousy opric.

The intended law sought to prohibit people recieving SSDI due to severe mental illness from being able to legally purchase a firearm.

Both the NRA and ACLU opposed this restriction.
Yep, it had massive over reach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2018, 09:42 AM
 
18,921 posts, read 9,635,843 times
Reputation: 5300
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
A lousy opric.

The intended law sought to prohibit people recieving SSDI due to severe mental illness from being able to legally purchase a firearm.

Both the NRA and ACLU opposed this restriction.
So should all of us!

This was a Obama rule to bypass the due process of the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2018, 09:43 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,519 posts, read 33,809,529 times
Reputation: 14252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
White House refuses to release photo of Trump gun law repeal

"The White House has refused to release a photo of President Donald Trump signing a law making it easier for some people with mental illness to buy guns."

Now why on earth would that be ?!?!
What makes us all virtuous?
Envy? Jealousy? Fear?
What makes a mentally unstable person, not a person?
The 2nd Amendment is pretty clear about this.
It is the same reason we cannot keep guns out of the hands of felons, even though there is a "feel good law" that says so.


If you are not capable of protecting yourself, you should not be allowed to walk freely in society and become easy prey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2018, 09:46 AM
 
Location: By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea
58,187 posts, read 41,002,133 times
Reputation: 29918
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
So should all of us!

This was a Obama rule to bypass the due process of the law.

Then why no release of the photo?

When has Trump ever missed an opportunity to put himself in the spotlight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2018, 09:49 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,519 posts, read 33,809,529 times
Reputation: 14252
Ya, let's declaw and defang the crazy cat and throw him outside with all the other cats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2018, 09:51 AM
 
9,471 posts, read 2,329,159 times
Reputation: 4681
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What makes us all virtuous?
Envy? Jealousy? Fear?
What makes a mentally unstable person, not a person?
The 2nd Amendment is pretty clear about this.
It is the same reason we cannot keep guns out of the hands of felons, even though there is a "feel good law" that says so.


If you are not capable of protecting yourself, you should not be allowed to walk freely in society and become easy prey.
That does not answer the question.

Why do they not release the photo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2018, 09:52 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,519 posts, read 33,809,529 times
Reputation: 14252
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Then why no release of the photo?

When has Trump ever missed an opportunity to put himself in the spotlight?
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rule/98484106/

USA Today has had the photo since it's signing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2018, 09:52 AM
 
24,027 posts, read 11,941,601 times
Reputation: 10212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
White House refuses to release photo of Trump gun law repeal

"The White House has refused to release a photo of President Donald Trump signing a law making it easier for some people with mental illness to buy guns."

Now why on earth would that be ?!?!
Who cares? Will solve nothing other than to heighten the screeching from the left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top