U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2018, 09:18 AM

7,450 posts, read 2,186,180 times

Advertisements

OH?

And she's a SAHM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 09:23 AM

2,679 posts, read 977,166 times
OP I take it you're in support then of universal health care and free college? If you want women to return to this role, something has to be done about health care and education costs.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:24 AM

Location: Where rhotic consonants are either absent or intrusive
8,890 posts, read 5,212,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You missed my point.

My point is: Men contribute in lots of ways. Women contribute in lots of ways.

Most feminists do not recognize any contributions from their husbands other than housework.

I know a women who b---ches that her hubby never helps out at home. He leaves the house at 5:50 am and gets home about 8pm every night with a mid-6 figure salary.

But it's not enough. Because he doesn't do the dishes. She's a feminist. So unless he does housework, he doesn't contribute.
Mr.Mathlete and I are both feminists. Neither one of us gives two figs about who does what around the house; we both do what needs to be done, and subcontract out the rest to the kids.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Mr.Mathlete and I are both feminists. Neither one of us gives two figs about who does what around the house; we both do what needs to be done, and subcontract out the rest to the kids.
Great recipe for a happy marriage, but not one that would be necessarily supported by feminists.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
OP I take it you're in support then of universal health care and free college? If you want women to return to this role, something has to be done about health care and education costs.
Health insurance and paying for college are personal choices and personal responsibilities that have zero to do with the topic of this thread.

Do you want me -- or anyone else -- to dictate your personal choices and personal responsibilities?

Old 02-23-2018, 09:39 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,043,901 times
nah. women who use the "afraid of strong women" argument are those who use it as an excuse to treat other men like s**t

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Men who are afraid of strong women have serious mommy issues.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:40 AM

3,448 posts, read 942,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You missed my point.

My point is: Men contribute in lots of ways. Women contribute in lots of ways.

Most feminists do not recognize any contributions from their husbands other than housework.

I know a women who b---ches that her hubby never helps out at home. He leaves the house at 5:50 am and gets home about 8pm every night with a mid-6 figure salary.

But it's not enough. Because he doesn't do the dishes. She's a feminist. So unless he does housework, he doesn't contribute.
Are you extrapolating anecdata from your one example, or do you have something to show that indicates “most” feminists only value housework and not all the other contributions?

Old 02-23-2018, 09:45 AM

21,798 posts, read 21,651,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower72 View Post
Careful here. The commentary about whether social media might be the cause is not from McManus and it isn't part of the NHS study. This is speculation by someone else unrelated to the study or its author.

As for the women's movement being the cause, the findings are discussed in the Stevenson and Wolfers meta-analysis.
So why post a link to the commentary? Where is the NHS study, where is the link to Stevenson and Wolfers meta-analysis. Yeah.
Not that I take the "studies" you post with anything but a grain of salt.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Are you extrapolating anecdata from your one example, or do you have something to show that indicates “most” feminists only value housework and not all the other contributions?
What other arguments do feminists have about their male partners in the household? It's been a very common argument for the last 2 decades. That is not debatable and acknowldeged by pretty much ... everyone.

Not sure what YOUR point is. You disagree that housework is not an issue for feminists? You're in a very very very small minority. Or are there other reasons feminists hates their husbands that haven't been publicized as much?

Old 02-23-2018, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
nah. women who use the "afraid of strong women" argument are those who use it as an excuse to treat other men like s**t
I have found this to be true. It is a way to shut down any form of conversation. As if saying someone is a strong women means she is automatically RIGHT and the man is automatically WRONG.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or