Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 07:35 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times

Advertisements

Why Wives Who Do All the Housework Don’t Want Sex

As a mom, you’re on call, emotionally and/or physically, 24 hours a day. Also, you have a constant stream of housework to do, because in society, your house can’t look like garbage, “7 Reasons Your Wife is So Stressed All The Time.” So, women have a constant nagging feeling of needing to get stuff done, just to get up to a baseline level of normal, such that your kids are fed and clean, the house is clean, and you yourself have a couple of minutes to exercise (so your husband doesn’t write in to me like this guy did) or sleep. (Men often don’t share this urgency, which leads to conflict.) Furthermore, unlike paid work, which many of these same women also do during the day, there are no impressive victories or positive feedback from engaging in a steady stream of of laundry, cooking, and cleaning.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/saman...b_8395378.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2018, 07:39 AM

https://tolovehonorandvacuum.com/201...r-granted-mom/

Old 03-02-2018, 09:06 AM

30,246 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Your a workaholic. As I said, if that's what you want out of life that's your choice but most people don't consider that a badge of honor. I just found out that a nurse I know who was a workaholic like you is now DEAD at 55. She had cancer. I'll bet she wished she had more time to work <sarcasm>.
No, I'm not a "workaholic". I have goals. When I reach those goals, I will slow down. How else am I going to reach those goals? Sitting around wishing on them?

Regardless, how I see both subjects: I'm glad to have a job, so I'm going to do as much of it as I can because it could be worse.

And for "maintaining" a household, again, the way I see it, I'm glad to have a place to live. There's a lot of people in this world who don't have that, or they have rusty old shacks built from scraps found in a junkyard. I bet they would be extremely happy to be "exhausted" maintaining a house compared to what they have now.

Perspective. Always.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:23 AM

36,494 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
If you've read the thread you would know that nobody is looking down on them. This thread is about when both men and women work outside the home to bring money in to support the household. This takes stress off the men but chauvinistic men who refuse to pull their weight at home.

Not exactly relevant to this particular post but for those who think housework and kids only takes a few minutes and that SAHs don't do anything here is something I read years ago. Its funny because its true.

"A man came home from work and found his three children outside, still in their pajamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and wrappers strewn all around the front yard.
The door of his wife’s car was open, as was the front door to the house and there was no sign of the dog.
Proceeding into the entry, he found an even bigger mess. A lamp had been knocked over, and the throw rug was wadded against one wall.
In the front room the TV was loudly blaring a cartoon channel, and the family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing.
In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast food was spilled on the counter, the fridge door was open wide, dog food was spilled on the floor, a broken glass lay under the table, and a small pile of sand was spread by the back door.
He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles of clothes, looking for his wife. He was worried she might be ill, or that something serious had happened.
He was met with a small trickle of water as it made its way out the bathroom door.
As he peered inside he found wet towels, scummy soap, and more toys strewn over the floor. Miles of toilet paper lay in a heap and toothpaste had been smeared over the mirror and walls.
As he rushed to the bedroom, he found his wife still curled up in the bed in her pajamas, reading a novel.
She looked up at him, smiled, and asked how his day went. He looked at her bewildered and asked:
“What happened here today?’”
She again smiled and answered, “You know every day when you come home from work and you ask me what in the world I do all day?”
“Yes,” was his incredulous reply.
She answered, ‘”Well, today I didn’t do it.”

Old 03-03-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Not exactly relevant to this particular post but for those who think housework and kids only takes a few minutes and that SAHs don't do anything here is something I read years ago. Its funny because its true.

"A man came home from work and found his three children outside, still in their pajamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and wrappers strewn all around the front yard.
The door of his wife’s car was open, as was the front door to the house and there was no sign of the dog.
Proceeding into the entry, he found an even bigger mess. A lamp had been knocked over, and the throw rug was wadded against one wall.
In the front room the TV was loudly blaring a cartoon channel, and the family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing.
In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast food was spilled on the counter, the fridge door was open wide, dog food was spilled on the floor, a broken glass lay under the table, and a small pile of sand was spread by the back door.
He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles of clothes, looking for his wife. He was worried she might be ill, or that something serious had happened.
He was met with a small trickle of water as it made its way out the bathroom door.
As he peered inside he found wet towels, scummy soap, and more toys strewn over the floor. Miles of toilet paper lay in a heap and toothpaste had been smeared over the mirror and walls.
As he rushed to the bedroom, he found his wife still curled up in the bed in her pajamas, reading a novel.
She looked up at him, smiled, and asked how his day went. He looked at her bewildered and asked:
“What happened here today?’”
She again smiled and answered, “You know every day when you come home from work and you ask me what in the world I do all day?”
“Yes,” was his incredulous reply.
She answered, ‘”Well, today I didn’t do it.”

You and I get it, but remember my being "on strike". Although different but the same, it still took battles for him to pry his mind open. Some of it has to do with our tolerance levels. Some men could live in pig pens while women generally can't. If we lower our standard to pig pen levels I doubt even then it will help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies