Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 08:38 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,721,445 times

Advertisements

It's possible Cruz was the tipster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2018, 08:45 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,354,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
I don't think I can agree that the people who say, "God hates f***", "Pray for more dead soldiers", and "Thank God for 9/11" are better than one guy who acts like your crazy uncle in the Oval Office.
Yup.
But Trump acts more like my drunk uncle. He wasn't crazy when he was sober, but he was never sober.

Thank God my drunk uncle never had political ambitions.

He had much better looking hair than Trump, and when he was only half-drunk, he always made much better sense. His half-drunk charm got him through life, but his family was sure miserable all the time.

The Westboro bunch are nothing but a nest of pit vipers. A snake is always a snake. Trump is still mostly human most of the time.

Old 02-22-2018, 08:18 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,435,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
For one thing, he could have refrained from making this tragedy about Russia.

Thoughtful policy changes to protect children from gun violence cannot be achieved under this administration when we have a president who doesn’t have an iota of human decency. Look at what the shooting survivors are saying about his tweet: https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/18/polit...ter/index.html

But again, if you have to pose the question you asked, I’m not sure you’ll ever understand.
The guy got hammered non-stop for over a year about clusion and Russia. I listen to Sirius radio all day long and I switch between the BBC, NPR, CNN, MSNBC and FOX. Some stations talked about clusion every day even though there was no new news to report....they would speculate what might or could be happening and before you knew it, they were discussing it like it happened. Now the media is reporting that Trump is wrong about Russia interfering with our election...he thinks they didn't and we all know they did. Wait a minute, when did that become the big story, what about the clusion stuff...that's not news any more (at least not to the way they had been reporting it). I can understand why he's hung up on the Russia thing.

I see his tweet as criticism for the FBI. We've had to listen to Trump talk for a couple years now. He exaggerates like a salesman, he repeats him self constantly, he spits out little sound bites....all less than ideal for the way a President should speak. He's the President, deal with it...if you're going to interpet every word he says literally, plan on getting a lot more pi**ed off about him over the next 3 years (God help you if it ends up being 7). I was raised back east, went to college in SF...now in AZ for 30 years. I still remember how people from the NY area can communicate sometimes. When Trump mentioned Russia in his tweet, I took that with a grain of salt. Obviously investigating Trump is not the only thing they've been working on...it's sarcasm To me the tweet is not about Russia or politics...it's about the FBI screwinvg up big time. I've heard now they received 2 tips about the shooter that didn't get passed on to Miami...and the local police have been to his house 39 times.

As far as what the survivors are saying...they just.went through a lot. Personally, leading them to believe "thoughtful policy changes" are all we need to do to protect them from gun violence is a bunch of BS. There are over 325 million guns in this country. Thoughtful policy change would be a solution if the country was smaller (in size and population) and there were far fewer guns out already. You can make all the policy changes you want and it won't come even close to protecting children from gun violence. BTW, I've never owned a gun and could care less about the NRA or the second amendment, although I don't have a problem with either.

The country has been arguing over gun control (policy changes) for some time now...as though it waa the answer to tbe problem. Each party blames the other and neither one has done crap to fix it. IMO, neither one does anything because they know it's not going to help and they don't want to be proven wrong or blamed for passing legislation that didn't fix the problem.

Ironically, the administration that lacks human decency, wants to completely ban the mechanism that allows you to convert a semi auto to an auto. Something else ironic, gun sales reached record highs under the last administion. Under this administration, they've dropped 25-40% depending upon the manufacterer....I'm not sure but, I think it's Remington that's filing for bankruptcy.

BTW, there's no reason to make a post personal by insulting my intelligence. I posed the question to point out that if you hate him and/or the GOP, it really doesn't matter what he does right because you hate him. When it comes to human decency, politicians only have it if it favors them getting re-elected and when doesn't it they know not to talk about it. I will give Trump credit for his family....if you're a multi-billionaire that lacks human decency, you don't end up with kids like his. For those that hate him, you'll find plenty of fault in what I just said.

Last edited by Danno3314; 02-22-2018 at 08:31 AM..

Old 02-22-2018, 11:00 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
So you think that POTUS (one day after) should use the Parkland shootings to

a) Throw the FBI under the bus
and
b) Throw the democrats under the bus

He literally tweeted more words on those topics then he did on condolences to the victims and their families.
The FBI should be sending letters to everyone of those families apologizing for screwing up.

Old 02-22-2018, 06:47 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,857,724 times
The FBI blew it. Adults hold people accountable. Twisted partisans don't.

You lost, get over it.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:03 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,163,594 times
LOL ... Trump tweets "no collusion!" on Feb 17. Feb 22, Mueller files more charges against Manafort and Gates.

DONALD TRUMP: PUTIN AMERICA FIRST! LOL

Old 02-23-2018, 02:20 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,200,354 times
I don't see the connection between this Tweet and Westboro. Either do you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies