Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 08:16 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,868,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Every foreigner? You need to put the crack pipe down
I mean every group or class of foreigner. Of course on an individual basis it will vary. No crack pipe just history and human nature shows it's true. Maybe you need to put the pipe down if you think America is going to create and empire that includes north Korea and we'll somehow benefit.

Old 02-19-2018, 08:40 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,156,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Very difficult. Balochs are against Pakistan and India and Iran backs them , so no way they would take up arms against Iran. And India-Iran is a counter to Pak-China in that region. And there is Putin.
What?

Baluchistan straddles Iran and Pakistan. The Baluchs are a Sunni minority in Shi'a majority Iran. The Baluchs have suffered incredibly, both under the Shah and under the current Islamic State.

“Instead of pacifying the Iranian mullahs by removing the sanctions against Iran the US should support the Iranian opposition groups and arm Baloch and other minorities to help them in their fight for freedom and justice,” said Baloch, whose group lobbies in Washington DC on behalf of ethnic Balochis who are scattered in Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan.

http://www.rudaw.net/english/middleeast/iran/24112013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Israel will not act without Americas permission.
Israel does not need America's permission, but it does need America's military support and assistance.

It would require at least two air refueling squadrons (9 tankers each).

Of course, those US assets would have to protected by US fighters, so that would require another tanker squadron.

Old 02-19-2018, 08:54 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,593,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I mean every group or class of foreigner. Of course on an individual basis it will vary. No crack pipe just history and human nature shows it's true. Maybe you need to put the pipe down if you think America is going to create and empire that includes north Korea and we'll somehow benefit.
Not every group or class of foreigner. Certain groups, yes.

I'd be happy with just the destruction and disarmament of NK. I'd rather have the South Koreans or the Japanese rule them than us. But we can't survive unless the DPRK perishes.

If I thought non-interventionism would work in East Asia I would have voted for Gary Johnson rather than Trump.

Old 02-19-2018, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Not every group or class of foreigner. Certain groups, yes.

I'd be happy with just the destruction and disarmament of NK. I'd rather have the South Koreans or the Japanese rule them than us. But we can't survive unless the DPRK perishes.
I'm okay with someone destroying their nuclear and missile armament but it doesn't have to be the US and I'd prefer it wasn't. I'd prefer N Korea go back to ruling themselves as a non-entity. Last thing I want is more immigration and more of our markets going to N Korea. Every time the US has screwed around in E Asia we get the shaft.

Old 02-19-2018, 09:15 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,600,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He’s a megalomaniac, not a crazed lunatic. There’s a difference. People wanting to hold onto power will do anything to keep it.

Hitler was a lunatic because he’d sacrifice everything, including his own life to make a point about what he believed in. Un isn’t about to self sabotage his own position. He’ll do everything he can up to that point, but he won’t cross the line. He just enjoys toying with Trump because he knows that Trump has few if any options. If I were Un, I’d do the same thing.
Interesting take and one I hadn't considered. I hope you're right about him.

Old 02-19-2018, 09:15 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Who is strong enough to take Iran on in a proxy war?
Not what I said. Hey, I read your posts and try to respond to what you wrote. I'd appreciate some reciprocity.

Last edited by Mathguy; 02-19-2018 at 09:24 PM..

Old 02-19-2018, 09:18 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,593,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I'm okay with someone destroying their nuclear and missile armament but it doesn't have to be the US and I'd prefer it wasn't. I'd prefer N Korea go back to ruling themselves as a non-entity. Last thing I want is more immigration and more of our markets going to N Korea. Every time the US has screwed around in E Asia we get the shaft.
Our markets and economic strength depend on our having naval supremacy and always have. The Navy has been the most important branch of the US Armed Services in every war except the Civil War, and remains the most important branch of our military. NK threatens freedom of the seas and international trade.

We are suffering now for not listening to MacArthur and nuking NK and China when we clearly had every advantage over them.

Old 02-19-2018, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Our markets and economic strength depend on our having naval supremacy and always have. The Navy has been the most important branch of the US Armed Services in every war except the Civil War, and remains the most important branch of our military. NK threatens freedom of the seas and international trade.

We are suffering now for not listening to MacArthur and nuking NK and China when we clearly had every advantage over them.
Our markets and economic strength is dependent on not running trade deficits. Our military is just defending international corporate interests.

Old 02-19-2018, 09:24 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Interesting take and one I hadn't considered. I hope you're right about him.
Un has been doing this for a long time.

Here is one they did back in 2010.....not sure why the other poster is trying to portray this as winding up Trump.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROKS_Cheonan_sinking

Here is a more extensive list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...th_Korea#2010s

Old 02-19-2018, 09:34 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,323,601 times
Quote:
He’s a megalomaniac, not a crazed lunatic. There’s a difference. People wanting to hold onto power will do anything to keep it.
Just like the mullahs in Iran. Old men in absurd turbans imposing a stone age theocracy on their people, and flirting with nuclear weapons to fulfill their apocalyptic fantasies. And it’s not just the mullahs. Remember monkey-man Ahmedinejad, their midget president a few years ago? And his fantasies about the advent of the Mahdi?

The Iranian Challenge: An Apocalyptic Religious Zealot Takes on the World - SPIEGEL ONLINE

The leaders of Iran are a collective tumor on the middle east — an evil force which has locked the Iranian people in a totalitarian prison of religious fanaticism. Israel de-nutting the Iranian rulers would be performing a service for the entire world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies