U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-20-2018, 07:32 AM
 
6,979 posts, read 1,753,778 times
Reputation: 4102

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Any links that are not almost a year old and not featuring CNN stooges?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-20-2018, 07:50 AM
 
9,504 posts, read 4,852,878 times
Reputation: 3863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Regardless of how this turns out this investigation was going to take place, it could have been done by Comey but Trump bought himself a special prosecutor along with Mueller and some very talented lawyers.


I don't know how you can claim no collusion by they others that were indicted. Manafort and Gates have been laundering money for the Russian ruling political party in Ukraine for years, a rational person would expect their is some connection to Russia. I don't see how you claim no collusion without hearing the outcome of their testimony along with Papadopoulos.
The Manafort conspiracy didn't involve the 2016 election. Not a word. I agree, Russian leaders likely knew what the Ukraine was doing, but there's still no Public evidence of Manafort or anyone else conspiring to interfere with the U.S. election..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2018, 07:54 AM
 
8,123 posts, read 2,396,358 times
Reputation: 5696
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
That discussion of download speeds, if accurate, doesn't change the fact that there was no reason to think the emails were hacked in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2018, 08:17 AM
 
Location: NY
12,264 posts, read 9,423,388 times
Reputation: 8028
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Trumpsters trying to blame Democrats is just dumb.
Really?

You folks are like cockroaches, shine a light and you all scurry away from the fact that we have a special counsel because of the Christopher Steele penned dossier. And it was commissioned by Fusion GPS and paid for by the Hillary campaign.

Then the Obama administration used it to spy on the Trump campaign. The whole plot is breathtaking and you knuckleheads keep blaming Trump!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2018, 10:18 AM
 
13,070 posts, read 4,452,087 times
Reputation: 6372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Really?

You folks are like cockroaches, shine a light and you all scurry away from the fact that we have a special counsel because of the Christopher Steele penned dossier. And it was commissioned by Fusion GPS and paid for by the Hillary campaign.

Then the Obama administration used it to spy on the Trump campaign. The whole plot is breathtaking and you knuckleheads keep blaming Trump!
They are part of the cover up. Most likely Russian bots
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2018, 10:59 AM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
29,819 posts, read 16,517,925 times
Reputation: 22405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Really?

You folks are like cockroaches, shine a light and you all scurry away from the fact that we have a special counsel because of the Christopher Steele penned dossier. And it was commissioned by Fusion GPS and paid for by the Hillary campaign.

Then the Obama administration used it to spy on the Trump campaign. The whole plot is breathtaking and you knuckleheads keep blaming Trump!
We have a special counsel because Trump is a f'ing moron. At least - according to right wing hero Steve Bannon.


Maybe you should have a chat with ole Steve and tell him how wrong he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2018, 01:21 PM
 
Location: NY
12,264 posts, read 9,423,388 times
Reputation: 8028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
We have a special counsel because Trump is a f'ing moron. At least - according to right wing hero Steve Bannon.


Maybe you should have a chat with ole Steve and tell him how wrong he is.
I agree with Bannon. Trump made a big mistake with Sessions. Can you imagine Holder letting Obama get smacked around the way Trump has? Holder called himself Obama's wingman and he was a damn good one. Sessions seems more concerned with what the Senate thinks of him than his own boss.

Trump should've appointed a fighter like Christie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2018, 01:29 PM
 
78,290 posts, read 33,358,137 times
Reputation: 15667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I agree with Bannon. Trump made a big mistake with Sessions. Can you imagine Holder letting Obama get smacked around the way Trump has? Holder called himself Obama's wingman and he was a damn good one. Sessions seems more concerned with what the Senate thinks of him than his own boss.

Trump should've appointed a fighter like Christie.
The guy that threw others under the bus to save himself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2018, 01:41 PM
 
3,459 posts, read 2,492,171 times
Reputation: 6671
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I see lots of basis for obstruction. Not so much for collusion so far. But maybe Mueller will surprise us. But the obstruction of justice attempts seem quite clear.
There will be no obstruction without collusion. Obstruction is a very high legal bar and it will not be pursued unless there is something to obstruct.

Nor has Trump obstructed anything. The investigation went on after Comey was fired, and continues on both with Muellar and Congress.

You should probably give up now and save yourself some grief. The veil is celarly being lifted from Americas eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2018, 02:01 PM
 
15,337 posts, read 7,837,579 times
Reputation: 7954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Really?

You folks are like cockroaches, shine a light and you all scurry away from the fact that we have a special counsel because of the Christopher Steele penned dossier. And it was commissioned by Fusion GPS and paid for by the Hillary campaign.

Then the Obama administration used it to spy on the Trump campaign. The whole plot is breathtaking and you knuckleheads keep blaming Trump!
FYI I'm not a democrat and don't care about Hillary and think you all have an unhealthy obsession with Obama.

I'm blaming Trump for his own problems. It is interesting that you cannot admit that he is not a stable individual - he is not "cool calm or collected" so to speak.

Obama I do believe did a lot of dirty, underhanded things, just like all politicians do, but you won't see him out whine tweeting about it because he is cool, calm, and collected and knows how to deal with pressure. Plus he knows government and how to keep his nose clean while in it. Contrary to how you all hate him, you should admit he is a smart cookie and he knows his stuff and honestly, because of that, he would never get caught doing anything illegal like you all seem to think he will.

I noted that I didn't think Trump did anything either. However, his actions, for me, show that he is worried. He talks too much and tweets too much and is unstable. Politically, IMO that will be his undoing. He is too easy to bother and get a response out of.

But the GOP is in power. They are the ones who started the investigation, not Obama. They also could bide their time and get him for the Ethics violations he's involved in regarding enriching himself via all his golf trips to his hotels and other things. That would be easy to get him on. I worked in government contracting for a while and I couldn't even get lunch paid for by a vendor or have a vendor work on my house, yet he has secret service, himself, his entourage, and foreign nationals staying at his hotels and enriching his family lol. Very easy to get him on that if they want to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:16 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top