Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2018, 04:16 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,275 times

Advertisements

We register our cars, for gosh sakes. It would seem to be the very definition of 'common sense' that we should register assault style weapons, which are designed for mass slaughter.

You have to have a license to be a beautician or a massage therapist. But you don't have to have a license to wield an assault-style weapon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2018, 05:50 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
We register our cars, for gosh sakes. It would seem to be the very definition of 'common sense' that we should register assault style weapons, which are designed for mass slaughter.

You have to have a license to be a beautician or a massage therapist. But you don't have to have a license to wield an assault-style weapon?
Owning a car is not a right.

Old 10-20-2018, 05:54 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,606,770 times
Quote:
But you don't have to have a license to wield an assault-style weapon?
Criminals don't have to have a license to wield an assault-style weapon.

Why do you want to restrict the law-abiding?

Old 10-20-2018, 06:01 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,605,792 times
Quote:

I'm curious if people who spout these beliefs are knowingly spurious, or just willingly ignorant.

1. Vehicles do not need to be registered for use on private property.
2. Drivers do not have to be licenced to drive on private property.
3. (Assuming your definition of "Assault style", means a semi auto rifle) , they were not designed for " mass slaughter".
4. Licenses for professions that physically interact with customers has nothing to do with firearms in any analogy.

Old 10-21-2018, 09:12 AM

18,739 posts, read 7,606,770 times
Why do the horrified spectators and big-govt gun-controllers always call for "solutions" that have failed already? And why does the govt listen to them, and let the killings go on without restraint? Isn't it time they listened to those whose solutions are already proven to work instead?

Old 10-21-2018, 09:32 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:

You do realize this is America...right?

When govt creates unconstitutional laws, its the DUTY of the people to refuse to comply!

Old 10-24-2018, 02:44 PM

2,309 posts, read 901,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So do you arm yourself with a gun when you leave your home to deal with the armed criminals who don't care that there are laws against murder? If not, why not?
I arm myself most of the time but I don't arm myself to deal with criminals. I don't go looking for trouble.

Old 10-24-2018, 04:22 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
I arm myself most of the time but I don't arm myself to deal with criminals. I don't go looking for trouble.

My wife used to say to me why do you need a gun, we are only going to Wal-mart, or to Krogers. And I said that I put on my gun when I leave the house, it goes places with me, I don't put a gun on just to go to Krogers; It just happens to go with me when I do.

Old 10-24-2018, 05:47 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
My wife used to say to me why do you need a gun, we are only going to Wal-mart, or to Krogers. And I said that I put on my gun when I leave the house, it goes places with me, I don't put a gun on just to go to Krogers; It just happens to go with me when I do.
My wife also carries a gun every day.

Old 10-24-2018, 06:00 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,038,191 times
My biggest gripe about gun control is that it always seems to cost the person who wants to exercise their right to buy guns. Same people who want to go after the guns, pitch a fit when people want voter ID's in place, and their biggest defense is that poor people shouldn't have to pay to exercise their right to vote. Well, I feel the same way, I shouldn't have to pay a fee or license to exercise my right to own and bear arms. I pay 40% of my income in taxes, not to mention the taxes I pay for my homes, my cars and all the materialistic things I buy. I even have to pay licenses, registrations and fees to own pets. Either way, I pay enough in taxes, so if the government wants me to register or take a stupid test, then it should be free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies