Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2018, 10:40 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,382,454 times

Advertisements

One thing I know, the authoritarian left always say "we aren't gonna take your guns" and say "stop wearing the tin hat foil", but if ever a campaign took off to actually do what you say in the thread, they WOULD support it, total confiscation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2018, 10:44 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,569,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
One thing I know, the authoritarian left always say "we aren't gonna take your guns" and say "stop wearing the tin hat foil", but if ever a campaign took off to actually do what you say in the thread, they WOULD support it, total confiscation.
The goal is not to actually go out and confiscate guns...they are attempting to pull it off so people WILLINGLY hand over their guns and accept being disarmed.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:51 AM

30,239 posts, read 23,709,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
VITAL TO DISARM
=\=\=\=\=\=\=
You can never have an efficient totalitarian police state, when it has to be “benevolent” and fearful of millions of armed citizens. And you can’t disarm millions of armed citizens when they won’t tell you where the arms are. And you can’t arrest them until you criminalize their disobedience to “reasonable” gun restrictions and “common sense” registration. And you can’t tolerate their belief that they have an “endowed right” to self defense against tyranny, that supersedes your political power of the bigger gun.
• An Armed Populace Fears No Government.
• A Disarmed Populace Fears All Government.
The bolded is what Dems haven't figured out. I know plenty of gun owners who do not stash all of their guns/weapons in their home. A nationwide sweep is not going to find them all - and if a nationwide sweep were to ever happen, it's those hidden guns/weapons that will bring this country back to again following the Constitution.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:56 AM

18,712 posts, read 7,590,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
A campaign to confiscate all guns nationwide, never "takes off". It is put in place gradually, a little at a time. With liberals saying every so often, "Gee, we just need a few more "reasonable regulations".

Just as they are doing now.

Old 11-05-2018, 11:01 AM

19,713 posts, read 10,101,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The bolded is what Dems haven't figured out. I know plenty of gun owners who do not stash all of their guns/weapons in their home. A nationwide sweep is not going to find them all - and if a nationwide sweep were to ever happen, it's those hidden guns/weapons that will bring this country back to again following the Constitution.
Mandatory gun confiscation would lead to a lot of bloodshed, but I don't think the anti-gunners care. Many police would quit and refuse to do it. Many of the military would also refuse and they know it. That is why they are trying to disarm us a little at a time.

Old 11-05-2018, 11:02 AM

4,891 posts, read 2,048,883 times
Ha!! A total ban with confiscations and stiff criminal penalties would never fly... Period. Before that would even happen, there would be a splitting of the nation... One half, anti- guns and the other half would be the freedom loving people.

Old 11-05-2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Ha!! A total ban with confiscations and stiff criminal penalties would never fly... Period. Before that would even happen, there would be a splitting of the nation... One half, anti- guns and the other half would be the freedom loving people.
It gets closer to "us versus them" all the time.

Old 11-05-2018, 11:04 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,079,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
The gun-rights-haters have banned so-called "assault rifles" that weren't even assault rifles. They have imposed waiting periods. They have declared "gun free zones". And dozens of other schemes.

And crime rates have never gone down as a result. Frequently they have gone UP, as criminals who never obey gun laws, have found their law-abiding victims more and more disarmed and vulnerable.

The only proactive government "gun control" agenda that has ever worked, is total nationwide bans and confiscation. And even that only works when govt conducts repeated periodic sweeps, checking every house for illegal guns again and again indefinitely into the future, whether the residents like it or not. In other words, an all-watchful, all-powerful police state.

Democrats up to and including Barack Obama, have praised various nations whose rates of gun deaths have gone down - Japan, Australia, England etc. And they have even expressed a desire to emulate them. Well, guess what: Those are the countries who have almost totally banned guns and even confiscated them. (Mandatory so-called "gun buybacks" are merely forced confiscation where taxpayers are also forced to subsidize you).

Keep in mind that when leftists do-gooders say they want only a few more "reasonable restrictions" on guns, it's because the restrictions they imposed last year didn't work. Crime and mass shootings continue merrily along. The only scheme that does work, is complete confiscation of all of the people's guns. And that's exactly what they are gradually working their way up to, one small piece at a time.

So-called "gun control" laws are only obeyed by the law-abiding. And they aren't the ones causing the problem.
Can you provide a link to where a democrat said that they want "total nationwide confiscation?" Your exact words.

Old 11-05-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Can you provide a link to where a democrat said that they want "total nationwide confiscation?" Your exact words.
Read post # 7

Old 11-05-2018, 11:08 AM

30,239 posts, read 23,709,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Mandatory gun confiscation would lead to a lot of bloodshed, but I don't think the anti-gunners care. Many police would quit and refuse to do it. Many of the military would also refuse and they know it. That is why they are trying to disarm us a little at a time.
Well, once again, what the Dems fail to realize is that a lot of those hidden guns are not registered.

Anecdote: When I moved to a certain state, I went directly to the police department and asked the police point blank what I had to do since I had moved there with a handgun. They essentially brushed it off as not a big deal, that I didn't need to do much of anything at all. I never registered in that state.

There are plenty of firearms out there right now that are not registered. The "hand me downs", the swapping between family and friends...a lot of them are not registered, and you won't find them in people's homes. The left seems to believe that all gun owners are idiots and do not see what the left has been, and is, trying to do. They've been aware of it for a very long time. If the left thinks that they would find all guns/weapons from a registration date base, they are wrong. If the left thinks that they would find all guns/weapons by doing a nationwide sweep, they are wrong.

They have no idea what they are doing - and yes, if it ever came to that, there indeed would be a huge problem for the left. They are too stupid to realize it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies