U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 02-19-2018, 11:39 PM
 
20,581 posts, read 8,743,608 times
Reputation: 7076

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Yes, the Democrats do such a great job of supporting the middle class, don't they? Because nothing says "we love you" like importing labor to replace you with.
You obviously know noting about unions. Maybe educate yourself
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-19-2018, 11:39 PM
Status: "Did I just roll my eyes out loud?" (set 17 hours ago)
 
Location: Columbia, SC
7,280 posts, read 4,391,453 times
Reputation: 8753
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The NRA is nothing more than a lobbyist group who gives millions to republicans to protect their agenda. And we all know our government is bought and paid for. Why in the world do we allow this. This is our county and we need to take it back from lobbyists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
they protect the 2nd amendment.....
They make money first and foremost. Lots and lots of money.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2018, 12:00 AM
 
Location: Jacksonville, FL
6,976 posts, read 7,737,120 times
Reputation: 5670
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You obviously know noting about unions. Maybe educate yourself
nothing*

Grew up in a union family. Have been a member of a couple myself. I know plenty about unions, and have zero use for them.

You, however, obviously know nothing about Democrats. Perhaps you should take your own advice.

BTW, I'm a Libertarian and have no use for either major political party. I hold them both accountable for the fact that either Trump or Hillary were even candidates, much less the fact that one of them became POTUS. Trump is slightly less repugnant than Hillary would have been, but being the second worst choice really isn't a glowing endorsement.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2018, 12:02 AM
 
Location: Lost in Montana *recalculating*...
11,817 posts, read 15,417,460 times
Reputation: 12079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
what is it again you have against the 2nd amendment?......screw them? you think the Democrats will protect your values and core beliefs, avid hunter?
Very few have advocated against responsible gun ownership.

Read it yourself and stop sucking the kook-aid, sport.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2018, 12:05 AM
 
Location: CA
1,569 posts, read 1,951,735 times
Reputation: 1593
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Republicans are really stupid. If they supported unions then unions would support them. But their focus is on the rich and not the middle class.
Unions would be a thing of the past without FORCED membership (ie, legalized robbery of government workers, because the private sector pretty much gave unions the BOOT).

Hum, the NRA is voluntary membership......

Think about it.


P.S. I'm a female, avid gun-owner, and non-NRA member - not for any particular reason - I agree with their efforts (maybe I'll sign up tomorrow!! )

Last edited by Zelva; 02-20-2018 at 12:14 AM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2018, 12:11 AM
 
Location: Jacksonville, FL
6,976 posts, read 7,737,120 times
Reputation: 5670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Very few have advocated against responsible gun ownership.

Read it yourself and stop sucking the kook-aid, sport.
Considering that the liberal definition of responsible gun ownership is "you can only own the guns we approve of and only after doing all of the redundant steps we decree are necessary," your argument has less teeth than my great grandmother.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2018, 01:37 AM
 
908 posts, read 1,008,187 times
Reputation: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
The NRA is the oldest civil rights group in this country, and is a grass roots member controlled organization of mostly gun owners.
Thus the rhetoric and hyperbole of the liberals/leftists/socialists/communists trying to divide gun owners over the NRA is rubbish.

I don't always agree with them, but if not for them, our constitutional rights would be in greater jeopardy than they currently are.
Never forget that without the 2nd Amendment, all the other Amendments are just ink on paper if ever a tyrannical government were to run amok.

`
A civil rights group, yet the NRA would never reveal that, with the loosest gun laws, Louisiana has seen the highest murder rate among US states over the last 28 years in row, because it will show how they've been perpetuating the myth that more guns make a place more safer.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2018, 02:21 AM
 
Location: Unperson Everyman Land
30,369 posts, read 20,001,869 times
Reputation: 8309
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Is that the dumbest question posed on cd?

The signers of the Declaration of Independence and everyone that fought in the Revolutionary War on the side of the rebellious colonies were considered terrorists, though the word didn't exist yet.

One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist.

If you reject the principles upon which our nation was founded, then an organization dedicated to preserving those principles will obviously be problematic for you.

If power is to held by the people, the people must have a way to defend that power from an abusive government.

That's why we have a Second Amendment.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2018, 02:30 AM
 
7,225 posts, read 3,735,375 times
Reputation: 3732
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The signers of the Declaration of Independence and everyone that fought in the Revolutionary War on the side of the rebellious colonies were considered terrorists, though the word didn't exist yet.

One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist.

If you reject the principles upon which our nation was founded, then an organization dedicated to preserving those principles will obviously be problematic for you.

If power is to held by the people, the people must have a way to defend that power from an abusive government.

That's why we have a Second Amendment.
No. We have a 2nd amendment because we had no standing army at the time it was written. Saying something over and over doesn`t make it true. The founders believed in voting, not murdering our elected officials.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2018, 02:33 AM
 
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
10,483 posts, read 8,684,457 times
Reputation: 12136
The NRA is a lobbying organization for the gun industry and promotes "safe" gun use, as well as the right to bear arms. I am sure they are not happy with mass shottings, but somehow the benefits of their activities to their leaders and supporters appear to outweigh the social costs, and the Supreme Court has given them a free ride to continue.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top