U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 08:49 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,492,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
First of all the divide on Transgender issues is more generational then ideological, same as gay rights. As far as my personal opinion on bathrooms, use the bathroom that corresponds with the sex you identify as. In the event establishments decide to add single use restrooms, anyone cis-or trans that wants total privacy should be permitted to use them.
Now when it comes to schools (the under 18 crowd) trans students should have a neutral place to use.
If men who think they are women can use the women's toilet, then men who know they are men should also be able to use the women's toilet, and women should be able to use the men's toilet. No one deserves special privilege. That is, women should have the right to use the toilet with or without men, and it is not reasonable to say that only those women who think they are men can use the men's toilet.

The only equal solution is unisex toilets where all men and all women can use the nearest toilet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 08:55 AM

40,170 posts, read 24,399,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicist027 View Post
I see that people are trying to dodge the point. We all know that there are some exceptions to the rule. Little girls go in the bathroom with their dad and little boys with their mom. But what the argument that liberals are making is that it is discrimination to have people not be allowed to go into the bathroom that is not their sex. If you want to make an analogy to the civil rights segregated bathrooms then you are being a hypocrite. Because we did not continue the segregated bathroom tradition while still trying to maintain that we are no longer doing it. It would be like having a white bathroom, hispanic bathroom, asian bathroom and saying, "We don't believe that people should have to use the race of their ancestors as a means to decide who uses what bathroom." Easily I would point out then the whole system is silly and they should not have multiple different bathroom types.

Seriously this would be like a Catholic school for boys and one for girls not trying to tell you that they didn't believe that education should be segregated for different sex. Obviously if you build two schools, you do believe it. So why can't people see the logic is the same when it comes to the bathroom.
Because your logic is ignoring the fact that an all-gender bathroom is for EVERYONE, not just for transgendered people.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:03 AM

2,758 posts, read 1,953,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
If men who think they are women can use the women's toilet, then men who know they are men should also be able to use the women's toilet, and women should be able to use the men's toilet. No one deserves special privilege. That is, women should have the right to use the toilet with or without men, and it is not reasonable to say that only those women who think they are men can use the men's toilet.

The only equal solution is unisex toilets where all men and all women can use the nearest toilet.
See, the difference in opinion boils down to; is a transgender female a female or a male? Some say they are still men, others say they are women regardless as to whats between their legs. Vice versa on transgender males. Public opinion seems to be on the side of the latter. Polling has shown the majority are opposed to bathroom laws such as the recently repealed NC HB2.

Old 02-20-2018, 10:21 AM

5,659 posts, read 2,718,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
Sometimes I feel like a nut. Sometimes I don't. Remember that?
Pun intended?

Old 02-20-2018, 10:25 AM

2,049 posts, read 1,334,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Pun intended?

Yes, of course.

On topic, I would simply suggest all existing restrooms be converted to Unisex.

Old 02-20-2018, 10:27 AM

5,659 posts, read 2,718,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
Yes, of course.

On topic, I would simply suggest all existing restrooms be converted to Unisex.
Me personally, I would like the nuts to be separate from the no nuts. Not unisex

Old 02-20-2018, 10:32 AM

23,247 posts, read 12,346,572 times
Common sense and you can keep your children safe -- even with allowing transgender to choose which bathroom they use.

Old 02-20-2018, 10:35 AM

25,275 posts, read 15,406,301 times
In Los Angeles these are very common now . “gender neutral “
It feels like you are going to be converted into a SJW just going through those doors .

Women that were born women don’t seem to like them .

I haven’t spoken to any transgendered folks yet to get their take .

Old 02-20-2018, 10:35 AM

2,049 posts, read 1,334,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Me personally, I would like the nuts to be separate from the no nuts. Not unisex
Oh, please allow me to clarify. Unisex restrooms, as in one person in at a time. They already exist in many places.

Old 02-20-2018, 10:41 AM

31,750 posts, read 20,035,771 times
I agree with unisex bathrooms. I could care less if men, or anyone is in there with me as long as there are stalls. If you want to enhance efficiency at high traffic locals just make a huge stall with the "man trough" where they can whip it out in private.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or