Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2018, 06:44 PM

36,909 posts, read 18,885,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
I couldn't care less about Russian interests. I'm a libertarian. I care about my interests.

I just think it's hilarious that we're reliving the 1950s all over again. Soon we're gonna have blacklists and the Un-American Activities Committee. Pretty soon the John Birch Society is gonna be all over the talk shows talking about the Red Scare.
Why would you think I'm talking about you...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
There's a difference between murder, rape, torture, and general mayhem when a man does it in the name of Russia and another does it in the name of America?

I wonder if the victims know this?

We should ask the poor farmers of Afghanistan who was more "kind", the Americans or the Russians, when their family members were murdered by the two countries over the last 40 years.
Are you suggesting we should invite all of the refugees to the U.S. by way of apology? I concur. How many do you have room for?

Old 02-23-2018, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Watching the Russia investigation infuriate Trump and Trumpanistas has been very satisfying.
I still don't understand why they are so upset about a "nothingburger".

Old 02-23-2018, 06:53 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,735,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I still don't understand why they are so upset about a "nothingburger".
I know, it’s weird. They’ve gone completely unhinged for nothing. It makes perfect sense.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:59 PM

7,302 posts, read 3,375,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Watching the Russia investigation infuriate Trump and Trumpanistas has been very satisfying.
Well, good. You should get something in return for fatally undermining national unity and faith in the nation's institutions.

Old 02-23-2018, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
People who don't want to be misidentified as Russian trolls should probably quit promoting Russian interests over the interests of America. Just sayin'...
I think that it is pretty clear by now that "Russian interests" are fully served by the liberals couching conservative American interests as "Russian interests".

..just 'sayin. Derp...

Old 02-23-2018, 07:03 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,545,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
Must have hit a nerve in Russia. Can't remember this many Russian trolls responding this vigorously in a long time.

As things continue to look worse for Trump and his henchmen and Russia is more positively implicated in the conspiracy against us, there will be an increasing flood of shills and trolls from Moscow, who will come on this forum. We should not waste our time trying to reason with them. The forum management doesn't seem to be any more able to deal with them, than our electoral system has been effective in blocking their counterparts among the hackers.

Old 02-23-2018, 07:04 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,735,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Well, good. You should get something in return for fatally undermining national unity and faith in the nation's institutions.
Why are you insinuating that I’m a Republican apparatchik?

Old 02-23-2018, 07:06 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,555,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
As things continue to look worse for Trump and his henchmen and Russia is more positively implicated in the conspiracy against us, there will be an increasing flood of shills and trolls from Moscow, who will come on this forum. We should not waste our time trying to reason with them. The forum management doesn't seem to be any more able to deal with them, than our electoral system has been effective in blocking their counterparts among the hackers.
There is no such thing as reasoning with a Troll. They measure their success by bumps/views and time a thread is active and don't care how anyone responds.

If you suspect such a post your best bet is not to respond at all.

Old 02-23-2018, 07:11 PM

The liberals should get it over with and declare civil war.

What I'm confused about, if liberals feel that "Russia stole the election" and that Conservatives are resistant to that fact, you know being clueless Russian agents and all... why it is that liberals don't just organize and declare civil war??

There isn't going to be a resolution to this...

The liberal claim de facto declares that conservative voters have lost their free agency and therefore their vote is invalid.

In other words, the liberals have declared that our democracy is corrupt. The conservatives are never going to agree in a manner that allows for any type of major ground be given toward this narrative.

So, again, why is it that liberals do not make a valiant attempt to "take back" democracy and declare civil war instead of producing a lot of hot air and meaningless disruption?

There's a time to man up or shut up. To me, it seems that the liberals have come to a place where they should man up. I mean, a declaration of an invalid election is about as dire as it gets from both perspectives. So, again, I think the liberals are in a place where talking has about run its course of usefulness. Show us the fiber of your fabric, libs, and definitively take back what is right!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies