Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 08:49 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You assume a lot.

My daughter has been trained since she was 5 and has been armed everyday where ever she goes, since she was 16.

If I knew then what I know today, and it was today. My kid would be home schooled. She attends college today, with a concealed .38 in her belly band. Her last 2 years of HS she conceal carried her .38. No one has to know and if they are raised around guns, it is not something that has to be shown off as a big deal.

You protect you and your family how you see fit and I will make damn sure no one in my family will become a victim by random chance.
Yet you say "don't punish responsible gun owners for the actions of the law-breakers".

I know many responsible gun owners who would not approve of your sending your daughter out as a proxy to carry out your felony fantasies.

Sick, sick person, sending guns into school, knowingly breaking the law. Yes, you should have homeschooled if that was your stance. That would have been honorable. Instead, you are just raising another child to be disrespectful of the law.

Sorry BentBow, I lost some respect for you today.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:50 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,108,580 times
Quote:
Armed guards at all entrances.
Gated perimeter, with guard shack on roadway entrances.
Armed citizens would be much more effective and efficient.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:52 AM

29,444 posts, read 14,628,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I thought you guys blamed the shooters for gun violence, now you are blaming the schools for not being nanny-state enough to protect your children?

I don't think people in the pro gun-violence movement are known for thinking things out, or for checking what they said previously.

Nanny state enough....Hmmm, so we should just keep them gun free zones then ? We can see that is working out great.

I work for a major corporation. Our campus is a gun free zone, and has roughly 12,000 people on it. We have armed security walking the campus. I certainly don't feel like it's a nanny state.
I'd much rather be able to carry my own weapon but at least I know the company is trying to protect us.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:57 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Quote:
Yet you say "don't punish responsible gun owners for the actions of the law-breakers".

I know many responsible gun owners who would not approve of your sending your daughter out as a proxy to carry out your felony fantasies.

Sick, sick person, sending guns into school, knowingly breaking the law. Yes, you should have homeschooled if that was your stance. That would have been honorable. Instead, you are just raising another child to be disrespectful of the law.

I, unlike you, don't let other people think for me and my family when it comes to my life, their life, their liberty and their happiness. Maybe that is why you are so frustrated right now with what I posted. You can't tell me what to do. I have liberty and so does my daughter. You have agreed to limit your liberties and my rights.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:

Unconstitutional laws are never to be followed... You know that.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:59 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,804,161 times
Quote:
We can home school, if publicly funded daycare is not sufficient to keep our kids protected from evil.
Right, that will work. The US will become country of isolated, indoctrinated, intolerant, poorly educated fools!

Old 02-20-2018, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
Armed citizens would be much more effective and efficient.
How about armed people, like the Constitution says.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:01 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,804,161 times
Quote:
I, unlike you, don't let other people think for me and my family when it comes to my life, their life, their liberty and their happiness. Maybe that is why you are so frustrated right now with what I posted. You can't tell me what to do. I have liberty and so does my daughter. You have agreed to limit your liberties and my rights.
Your poor daughter! I'm betting her version of her supposed "liberty" is not so jolly.

2,821 posts, read 2,108,580 times
Quote:
How about armed people, like the Constitution says.
People as in the illegal alien that shot Kate Steinle in San Francisco?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Right, that will work. The US will become country of isolated, indoctrinated, intolerant, poorly educated fools!
Unintended consequences of being virtuous by disarming the public starting 150 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies