U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2018, 10:06 AM

14,398 posts, read 7,923,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
So,again stuff that has nothing to do with Trump it Russian collusion. Yawn

So if you were a prosecutor going after a big fish, would you start at the top and work your way down, or would you start with the low hanging fruit? I would start with the low hanging fruit and build a case for the next target and so on. Mueller started this investigation in May of 2017. He already has a confession and cooperation from 3 people in Trump's inner circle, and a foreign attorney with close ties to the Kremlin, and someone who sold fake identities to the Russian's.

Yawn? Really? In less then one year Mueller has 5 convictions. He's doing an amazing job.

I just read the fortune from a fortune cookie I just enjoyed with my morning tea. It says "You have the ability to sense and know higher truth." I'm sending it on to you because I think you need it more then I do. Enjoy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 10:09 AM

14,398 posts, read 7,923,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Another item I read is that Gates and Manafort funneled 4m in off shore accounts to pay VanDerZwaan's firm.

You might be right about that.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:37 AM

9,529 posts, read 4,870,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
The legal term that has Trump and associates worried is conspiracy. Oh, and obstruction of justice.
I'm aware of the legal term, but the post I answered used the word 'collusion.' What difference does it make in terms of the charges against Manafort and Gates. Neither is accused of colluding, conspiring, coordinating, working with Russia to manipulate the 2016 election.

If any of the indictments so far indicate obstruction of justice charges against Trump, fill me in on what they are. I know every charge and plea excites you. I'm waiting for a bombshell about the election conspiracy or obstruction.

Old 02-21-2018, 01:27 PM

30,464 posts, read 20,105,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dr...ut-to-go-free/

Right wing conspriracies is the only hope Trump wt all have

The "only hope" for what exactly?

Old 02-21-2018, 01:30 PM

7,217 posts, read 1,613,335 times
From what I understand, it's all a flow upward to pressure Manafort. This new lawyer guy is facing charges so he flipped, and will most likely testify against Gates. That puts more pressure on Gates to flip, and he would testify against Manafort. That puts more pressure on Manafort to flip, and he'd cooperate and testify against Trump's inner-circle or about campaign dealings.

Anyone feel free to correct me, I'm just trying to make sense of it all.

Old 02-21-2018, 01:35 PM

6,971 posts, read 2,600,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
From what I understand, it's all a flow upward to pressure Manafort. This new lawyer guy is facing charges so he flipped, and will most likely testify against Gates. That puts more pressure on Gates to flip, and he would testify against Manafort. That puts more pressure on Manafort to flip, and he'd cooperate and testify against Trump's inner-circle or about campaign dealings.

Anyone feel free to correct me, I'm just trying to make sense of it all.
It could be that Gates flipped on the lawyer. Hard to say.

Old 02-21-2018, 01:37 PM

10,511 posts, read 8,434,218 times
They might want to put Van Der Zwaan in protective custody. FIL Khan is not going to like this happening, when his darling daughter is close to giving birth (or at any other time), so he's going to be pressuring VDZ - as only he can - to keep quiet. Yet - if VDZ doesn't spill a little more - he'll increase his present legal difficulties with Mueller et al.

I'd not care to be in his little wooden shoes right now. Actually, while I'm Dutch-treating y'all, the story of the boy with his finger in the **** (oh, good grief, this is NOT a word which needs censoring, C-D! Let's try this "the boy with his finger in the hole in the large earthen embankment used in Holland to prevent the Zuider Zee from encroaching upon the below sea level land"; is that okay??) comes to mind...

What else is going to spill?? And who's going to get washed away?

Old 02-21-2018, 01:43 PM

10,511 posts, read 8,434,218 times
Not terribly relevant, but it just occurred to me that "German Khan" is the equivalent of "Herman Cohen". If that were his legal name, no one would raise an eyebrow at all. "German Khan" has a lot more - zing? - to it.

Old 02-21-2018, 01:57 PM

30,108 posts, read 47,335,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The "only hope" for what exactly?
Conspiracy theories---The only hope of convincing people he is not guilty---that Mueller is not doing a good job in proving all the obstruction, money laundering, and (to me) treason behind hacking a US election that Trump, his cronies, and Putin's bag men set out to accomplish---
This has gone on for decades starting with money laundering by the Trump "empire" to save his ass when he could in get investment money in the US--and from reputable foreign banks/investors...
The only ones that would touch him are people with ties to organized crime or shady dealings
His own ineptitude and greed ensured that...

Old 02-21-2018, 01:59 PM

30,108 posts, read 47,335,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Not terribly relevant, but it just occurred to me that "German Khan" is the equivalent of "Herman Cohen". If that were his legal name, no one would raise an eyebrow at all. "German Khan" has a lot more - zing? - to it.
I wouldn't bet that KHAN derives from Cohen---
More likely from Khan as in Genghis...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or