U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 07:21 AM

6,971 posts, read 2,582,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So, you really think that those what, 18 Russians indicted will be convicted? Seriously?

I'd suggest you look up the definition of the words "fairy tale" as that's what it is if you believe those people will ever return to the U.S. or that Russia will extradite them. Now THAT's funny...
4 are US citizens and one lives in London and 4 have plead guilty. So as far as those 5 yeah I do believe it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2018, 07:34 AM

18,053 posts, read 10,081,947 times
Quote:
Is that the best you can do,to try making some silly "gotcha" point? Sad...

Let's try an easier question, I wonder why Mueller indicted people that will never,ever see a courtroom forget about any conviction.

What's really the point?
I'm sorry if I misunderstood the question. You posted:

"I wonder if anyone is keeping count on how much of our money is being spent vs how many people are convicted for anything having to do with the actual original mission called "Collusion". To make it even easier, I wonder how much of our money has been spent to date vs ANY convictions?"

I posted:

"Refresh my memory - What was the ratio of dollars to indictments in the four years of Benghazi investigations, just so we have a standard of comparison?"

If you want a different answer:

$7 million has been spent by Robert Mueller, and has produced four indictments with three of the indictees making plea agreements to tell what they know (No convictions yet, because the cases haven't gone to court, but three guilty pleas is just as good, no?) and 13 indictments of Russians for interfering in the 2016 U.S. election process. We know there was contact between members of the Trump team and the Russians indicted, but it may have been unwitting. That is being investigated now, as are all of the relationships between members of the Trump campaign staff, Russians, and assorted shell corporations. We will have an answer when Mueller reveals what he has found. He has been on the job for nine months.

The Benghazi hearings, chaired by Trey Gowdy, cost the U.S. taxpayers over $7 million, and produced absolutely no evidence of any wrongdoing by anyone and certainly no indictments. Gowdy later admitted the whole affair had from the start been nothing more than a republican ruse to discredit Hillary, with no factual basis for its existence. It took them four years before they finally quit.

As to your question about why the Russians were indicted since they will quite likely never be tried - The indictments serve as a formal notice that Russia is conducting a war against the United States. Anyone who may have had contact with them from the Trump team is suspect, depending on the nature of the discussions, and the contact could be conclusive proof of collusion. If any member of the team knew about their operation and didn't report it or helped direct their efforts, collusion is proved, and, since the Russian indictees are now classed as enemy combatants, subject to charges of treason for aiding and abetting the enemy during wartime.

Better? Let me know if there's anything else you need to know.

Last edited by cuebald; 02-22-2018 at 08:47 AM..

Old 02-22-2018, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Said to Mueller or? If you're thinking Trump you'd better get real comfortable because it's not going to happen except maybe in your dreams.
You can write that down...
Already saved your post to laugh at later.

Thanks for the heads up! You're a real pal!

Old 02-22-2018, 07:49 AM

29,965 posts, read 47,150,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Guilty pleas galore? What? A whole 2 or 3 for being misleading? You do know McCabe re wrote Comey's report on Flynn to make it look like he was lying when Comey said he wasn't don't you? Anyway, Mueller is a joke, there will be absolutely ZERO prosecutions of those 13 Russians. If the Russian government are the real culprits why didn't Mueller indict them or Putin himself? It's because it's a farce and a dog and pony show to entertain the zombies.
I know a conspiracy theory when I read one

Old 02-22-2018, 08:08 AM

9,491 posts, read 4,844,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
This investigation is about the Russians interfering in our elections, who conspired with them, and all crimes that come out of this investigation.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...r-special.html

Why this has to be repeated constantly is somewhat of a mystery.

Mueller is not desperate.

Flynn's charges are not getting overturned.

If all of this bores you, >>yawn<< there's a lively thread on whether the teens speaking out about the massacre in Florida are actors.
There's no mystery why you try to ignore the primary reason for the appointment of Mueller, which is to investigate Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. The only specific investigation Mueller's authorized to conduct is any links/coordination between the Russian government and members of the Trump campaign. So far, zilch, and you're worried there wasn't any conspiracy.

Manafort, Gates, Skadden, are not related to that; the FBI had been investigating Manafort since 2014. The charges are serious, but Mueller wasn't needed.

Old 02-22-2018, 08:18 AM

37,864 posts, read 14,749,658 times
I'd like to express my appreciation to those who keep asking questions.

It presents the opportunity to post the actual facts of the matter

Next question?

Old 02-22-2018, 08:29 AM

6,971 posts, read 2,582,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
There's no mystery why you try to ignore the primary reason for the appointment of Mueller, which is to investigate Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. The only specific investigation Mueller's authorized to conduct is any links/coordination between the Russian government and members of the Trump campaign. So far, zilch, and you're worried there wasn't any conspiracy.

Manafort, Gates, Skadden, are not related to that; the FBI had been investigating Manafort since 2014. The charges are serious, but Mueller wasn't needed.
Here is Muellers Mandate.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-re...67231/download

Section B-II and B-III certainly do fall into the scope of the investigation in regards to Manafort, Fates and Skadden.

Old 02-22-2018, 08:39 AM

15,307 posts, read 17,502,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post

$7 million has been spent by Robert Mueller...

The Benghazi hearings, chaired by Trey Gowdy, cost the U.S. taxpayers over $7 million

Let me know if there's anything else you need to know.
What is the projected cost for Trump's military parade? What were the Trumpist's responses on C-D regarding that proposed expenditure?

Old 02-22-2018, 08:49 AM

14,267 posts, read 7,860,746 times
Quote:
I wonder if anyone is keeping count on how much of our money is being spent vs how many people are convicted for anything having to do with the actual original mission called "Collusion". To make it even easier, I wonder how much of our money has been spent to date vs ANY convictions?

Is it 5 million per,10 million per,20,30,50?

I Googled how much was spent investigating Benghazi and it was investigated for 72 months and around 8 million dollars. It was investigated longer then 9/11. Is that the Republican's way of MAGA?

So we have a president with sketchy ties to mob figures both here and in Russia. We have a president sworn to uphold our constitution, yet, does nothing about looking into Russian interference into our election. We have family in the white house with sketchy business dealings that may be compromised and can not pass a security clearance. Do you need more?

This is a serious question for you Trump cultists. What's it going to take to make you American's again? Country First!

Old 02-22-2018, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post

Sections (ii) and (iii) say otherwise. Mueller is doing precisely what he was appointed to do.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...r-special.html

BTW - If Trump had not fired Comey, Mueller might not have been needed. As it stands, Trump is the reason he's conducting an investigation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or