U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 09:44 AM

22,745 posts, read 12,158,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Schools on lockdown after student shot himself in Ohio - Story | WTXF

It was a self inflicted wound, he took a gun to school????

Unbelievable, and yet, this isn't a parenting problem, this isn't a mental illness problem.

I tell you, if we'd have taken guns to school, we'd have gotten killed. These kids fear no consequence.

Buy hey, take away the guns.

Now, what kid of gun was this? Why we should outlaw this one to...right?

A middle school student?

It's the kids, who are deficient...why? What did he plan to do with the gun in school? Think about it?

A middle school student?

If he had had to walk thru a metal detector, with an armed guard there, they would have found this gun....

Thank God he didn't shoot anyone else.
My approach is to wait and see what the facts are before I can figure out where I should vent my rage.

For now-- sadness, my heart aches for his family and for this young man who felt so desperate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 09:45 AM

10,087 posts, read 6,227,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Maybe, there could be all kinds of reasons, but that isn't the issue....what did happen and the fact that he got it in school is the issue.

He shouldn't have a gun in school.

Makes you wonder how many kids carry guns to school and no one knows? Thank about that people?

Especially in lower income areas. Places like Detroit, St. Louis , ...etc. That is why we need to start up "stop and frisk" , but no one wants that because it would infringe on rights.

That is the problem with this whole scenario. How do we stop these things without right infringement, and if we do choose to infringe on ones rights which ones will they be ?

Old 02-20-2018, 09:47 AM

5,027 posts, read 2,200,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
To buy, yes, but to touch one, that is ghey.
What if he is hunting with mom or dad. What if he is a competition shooter...for the Olympics, or just ISP.
https://youtu.be/3f8VmJRuBFY
Its absolutely illegal to consume alcohol before you are at least 18. That includes "drinking with your Mom and dad". I don't think anyone is mature enough to even learn to shoot a weapon until they are at least 18.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:49 AM

33,914 posts, read 18,438,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Its absolutely illegal to consume alcohol before you are at least 18. That includes "drinking with your Mom and dad". I don't think anyone is mature enough to even learn to shoot a weapon until they are at least 18.

That appears to be part of the problem, right now. People don't know about guns....

Old 02-20-2018, 09:51 AM

22,700 posts, read 16,176,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
It should be illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to even touch a gun.
Lots of parents buy their kids guns as gifts every Christmas.

It's the American way.

Think people are up in arms now about the possibility of limits on gun purchases?

It's our God-given right as Americans to arm our children, just like it is to have farm kids drive and maim themselves on tractors.

Some things are simply inviolable in this country.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:52 AM

11,328 posts, read 5,923,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
My approach is to wait and see what the facts are before I can figure out where I should vent my rage.

For now-- sadness, my heart aches for his family and for this young man who felt so desperate.
Are we still assuming this was intentional, or do we have facts saying so now?

Old 02-20-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
That appears to be part of the problem, right now. People don't know about guns....
Like my father told me when I was 14 and wanted to learn how to fire his weapons. "you want to learn how to use a weapon,join the military. They will teach you how and why" I did not agree then.. but I do now.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Lots of parents buy their kids guns as gifts every Christmas.

It's the American way.

Think people are up in arms now about the possibility of limits on gun purchases?

It's our God-given right as Americans to arm our children, just like it is to have farm kids drive and maim themselves on tractors.

Some things are simply inviolable in this country.
Lots of parents are idiots. With all these "studies" available.... I wonder how many of these kids committing mass murders in these schools were trained to shoot and given free use of a deadly weapon when they were still children...........

Old 02-20-2018, 09:57 AM

22,745 posts, read 12,158,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Are we still assuming this was intentional, or do we have facts saying so now?
Good point -- exactly --- I just assumed.

Heartbreaking for the family...

Thanks for putting me in my place -- I kind of went off assuming and I shouldn't have.

Seems the boy is in hospital -- was by himself in a bathroom -- could easily be a an accident as intentional.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:58 AM

26,314 posts, read 24,409,203 times
Quote:
scarabchuck Especially in lower income areas. Places like Detroit, St. Louis , ...etc. That is why we need to start up "stop and frisk" , but no one wants that because it would infringe on rights.
Yes, thank you, that is the point I'm trying to relay....

Quote:
That is the problem with this whole scenario. How do we stop these things without right infringement, and if we do choose to infringe on ones rights which ones will they be ?
Yes, again and again....yes....thanks again.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or