U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2018, 12:58 AM

3,269 posts, read 2,284,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Fortunately most people aren't irrational coastal liberals and know the difference between carnage and rare tragic incidents and can tell the difference between someone doing something and the impossibility of something doing it. You people obviously don't want to solve the problem, you want to ban guns. If you really cared about saving lives you'd do something about the cause, but no, you focus on the tool as if someone determined to kill people would have no other options.
Rare? Almost one a day is " rare" gotcha.
I guess a culture that admires violence, where having guns is a source of pride and admiration: where many people feel powerless and meaningless in the day to day rat race of corrupt luxury and greed" where workers have no security, and the average American is at the mercy of Big Corporations and a greedy, selfish, cold, materialistic workaholic, out for yourself society; a gun makes them feel in control and powerful. Then add that the only exercise most Americans get is jumping to conclusions; running down anyone and any country that disagree with them; flying off the handle, the only way many of them can defend themselves from anything more menacing than a stuffed animal, is to use a gun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2018, 01:25 AM

3,181 posts, read 2,211,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
This is a bill they know will not go anywhere and they know it. Then they can say - "See Repubs don't want to do anything about keeping your kids safe" when November rolls around. The fact that it virtually bans most firearms purchased and in the hands of Americans today will not matter to the gun control advocates. It is all about reelection in November with these nitwits.

Mid terms will be rough for GOP still long ways away people forget about these mass shootings quickly you be surprised public forgets quickly. I know the DEM's are going to use the faces of the dead to get them elected it's what they do. The 2018 AW ban is identical to the 94 ban which had zero effect on crime that is something they are going to have a tough time convincing America gun owners of even when you challenge DEMS on it they just say "we have to do something". They just don't care about it personally most of them have armed guards to protect them why should they care about regular people and self defense.

Old 02-27-2018, 01:51 AM

1,515 posts, read 995,152 times
Yeah, right, sure there are!!! What a load of BS! What state is this where people are selling automatic weapons at flea markets??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
People who cannot pass BG checks know they have other sources where they can get a gun though, most every flea market I have been to in my state has at least one booth selling Aks (full auto and semi-auto). Not to mention all the online and print classified boards. There is NO ONE monitoring all these, it would take every law enforcement agent from every agency for that level of enforcement!

Old 02-27-2018, 02:22 AM

1,515 posts, read 995,152 times
Inanimate objects donít cause carnage! What are you, 8 years old? Iíve watched a lot of inanimate objects for years and none of them have ever moved a fraction of an inch by themselves, much less cause any carnage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You aren't the military. I realize your macho weaponry makes the testosterone flow, but there is no reason in Hell that normal citizens need these assault weapons or huge magazines. No reason whatsoever.

People have had enough of the carnage these weapons cause, enough is enough.

Old 02-27-2018, 02:37 AM

7,227 posts, read 3,737,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
They are authorized by the 2A...a well armed militia.
2a is about a well "regulated" militia. Where do you train and who is your commander?

Old 02-27-2018, 03:13 AM

9,741 posts, read 5,421,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
After the UK did away with guns, stabbings because rampant. So they have banned anyone under 18 from having a knife. Now they are considering banning kitchen knives with points.
Boy, would that be the pits here.

Putting aside that we can now carry swords in Texas, it would be the pits considering how my day to day dress out is a Swiss Army in one pocket and a clip "Buck Knife" in the other.

It would be the pits because giving a teen a Swiss Army knife as a present is not only so common, it might be considered one of those items to start one on adult hood. After all, consider how versatile the Boy Scout Knife was and who we gave them to.

For what people say is a civilized country, it seems to be a nutty place:
https://www.gov.uk/buying-carrying-knives

(I especially "like" what they say about lock knives.....and "good reasons")

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
Yeah, right, sure there are!!! What a load of BS! What state is this where people are selling automatic weapons at flea markets??????
Rather reminds me when I got chastised for buying silver quarters at spot prices and someone said they could get such out of change in shopping.

I was wondering when in the heck they were shopping at.

Old 02-27-2018, 04:10 AM

16,935 posts, read 22,190,099 times
This is just handing Republicans valuable campaign material for this November in the rural states. I thought for sure the Dems would have an easy time this fall with Trump in office but it looks to me like they'd rather remain the party of NY, MA, NJ, CT, and the west coast.

Old 02-27-2018, 04:23 AM

23,809 posts, read 11,820,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
House Democrats introduce bill prohibiting sale of semi-automatic weapons

I guess he forgets that cops have tanks.

Typical Statist hypocrisy. I wonder why they don't draft a bill to defund the military...
I guy I know in Nevada owns a fully functional T-55. With functional cannon.

A guy in CA who recently died was a huge tank collector. A lot of them fully functional and all were auctioned off sometime last year.

Once again, idiots, who know absolutely nothing, believe they know whatís better for you.

I donít think this bill will get out of committee.

Old 02-27-2018, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Sure you can. But the guns and firing systems will need to be disabled. And you'll need special permits and special tires to drive it on public roadways. But by all means. . .
Absolute BS. Read my above post. Tanks can have road tracks that can drive on streets.

Another one who knows nothing.

Old 02-27-2018, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You aren't the military. I realize your macho weaponry makes the testosterone flow, but there is no reason in Hell that normal citizens need these assault weapons or huge magazines. No reason whatsoever.

People have had enough of the carnage these weapons cause, enough is enough.
Then feel free not to own.

I have several, most fully auto.

Ainít America grand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies