U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2018, 05:49 PM

29,720 posts, read 16,475,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
That is great and all, but with the experience my family had with someone very similar to Cruz is they did not want to take their meds, they didn't like how it made them feel. Just because people have access to help doesn't mean they want it.
I read somewhere that Adam Llanza refused to take his too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 05:53 PM

5,908 posts, read 1,998,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Absolutely. The UK is actually down to debating on banning kitchen knives. FREAKING KITCHEN KNIVES!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/84...ly-knife-crime
Yep, the crazy thing is that if they had just banned Muslims instead of guns they could have saved more people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
...and they can't be used for self defense. In fact no firearm can be used for self defense in countries like Australia. Can't even carry mace or a pocket knife.
That's because places like Oz have no Constitution that recognizes the natural rights of man. There simply is no right to life, and without that there is no right to self-defense or defense of others. It just isn't part of their system. Unfortunate. They are truly still a prison nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
When does your "natural right" supersede another's right to life?

True Americans would see we have an issue and work together to attempt to fix the issue. Not just kick and scream behind a 250 year old document.

I don't think I've seen a single solution from a pro-gun poster. Nada. Zip.
Natural rights cannot supersede each other. Simply put, they are sacrosanct...and if you violate anyone's natural rights...then you forfeit all your own. You can expect no quarter, and none should be given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Nobody has taken away anyone's rights that I can tell.
California. You obviously do not live here. The state has unconstitutionally infringed on the right to keep and bear arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
provide free penis enlargements for anyone who wants one
Why do liberals always find a sexual angle to gun ownership? You guys have way more of a fetish than anyone I have ever met, gun owners included. I have my own theory about people who are fixated with penises. Just go do it. Just go full gay. We won't judge.

Old 02-20-2018, 05:57 PM

8,666 posts, read 2,704,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post

California. You obviously do not live here. The state has unconstitutionally infringed on the right to keep and bear arms.
Are you telling me you can't have any guns in CA? I don't think so.

Old 02-20-2018, 07:00 PM

9,430 posts, read 4,536,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I read somewhere that Adam Llanza refused to take his too.
Until they started closing the mental hospitals, they could force dangerous people to take their meds. No longer legal to do that.

Old 02-20-2018, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Are you telling me you can't have any guns in CA? I don't think so.
I know a cop who worked for 25 years in S,Central LA, gang country. He made some enemies. He has to do a background check to buy ammo to protect himself.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:35 PM

6,866 posts, read 6,944,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
This is true, it's also unfair to hold responsible gun owners accountable for those that are not.
But we never know when a responsible gun owner will turn bad, a la the Las Vegas shooter.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:38 PM

6,866 posts, read 6,944,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Yep, the crazy thing is that if they had just banned Muslims instead of guns they could have saved more people.

That's because places like Oz have no Constitution that recognizes the natural rights of man. There simply is no right to life, and without that there is no right to self-defense or defense of others. It just isn't part of their system. Unfortunate. They are truly still a prison nation.

Natural rights cannot supersede each other. Simply put, they are sacrosanct...and if you violate anyone's natural rights...then you forfeit all your own. You can expect no quarter, and none should be given.

Why do liberals always find a sexual angle to gun ownership? You guys have way more of a fetish than anyone I have ever met, gun owners included. I have my own theory about people who are fixated with penises. Just go do it. Just go full gay. We won't judge.
A gun is a substitute for a big sex organ. That’s why guys like AR-15’s and other automatic weapons. “See me. I’ve got a big powerful gun.”

Old 02-20-2018, 08:48 PM

1,515 posts, read 996,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
ANYBODY who insists on having an AR-15 doesn't have a fully developed brain!!!
ANYBODY who insists that the “tool”, whether an AR-15 or a hammer, causes crime doesn’t have even a partially developed brain!

Old 02-20-2018, 09:16 PM

Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,222 posts, read 13,977,359 times
Quote:
A gun is a substitute for a big sex organ. That’s why guys like AR-15’s and other automatic weapons. “See me. I’ve got a big powerful gun.”
but its NOT a big powerful gun..its a small 22...no extra power, not big... its a varmint gun

Old 02-21-2018, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Sounds like you are impotent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies