U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-27-2018, 08:23 AM
 
Location: Newport Beach, California
33,245 posts, read 20,081,203 times
Reputation: 12987

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I can't help but thank goodness for Trump.

There is no doubt in my mind that if Hillary had won she would have stacked the Supreme Court with her people, and right now we would all be getting ready for the rewrite of the Second Amendment. The Republicans would roll over out of fear and a part of our history and heritage and what made America would be lost.
Without the Second amendment we wouldn't have America.
Great post.

I don't want to be the last good person without a gun when bad people are armed.

My family has several stores in the shopping malls. My neighbor store owner is a veteran (combat veteran) I would have felt much better if he brought his guns to his store everyday. Oh God, I am hoping he does. He gave me some useful tips just in case there is a mass shooting. He also said he would do the best he could to protect me and everybody else. He was highly trained and was a sharpshooter. Who doesn't want a doctor nearby in case of medical emergency? Who doesn't want a rifle expert nearby in case there is a mass shooting?

This is the honest truth. I don't trust any of the security guards who are not trained at all.

If I am allowed to bring my gun to the mall, at least i feel I have a last fighting chance for survival. Why should we be ambushed by some sicko when we can defend ourselves?

Gun free zone = good people have no guns here, come and ambush them.

The worst thing is that they have to announce it. This is a gun free zone. Why announce it? This is just sick!

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 02-27-2018 at 08:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-27-2018, 08:26 AM
 
18,263 posts, read 10,362,943 times
Reputation: 13320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I can't help but thank goodness for Trump.

There is no doubt in my mind that if Hillary had won she would have stacked the Supreme Court with her people, and right now we would all be getting ready for the rewrite of the Second Amendment. The Republicans would roll over out of fear and a part of our history and heritage and what made America would be lost.
Without the Second amendment we wouldn't have America.
Don't agree. You haven't used it as intended since your country's founding fathers first crafted it, yet here you are today, the world's most advanced and prosperous nation.

All of this current frothing over the 2nd Amendment was not even a part of daily discussion among Americans until the recent decades. The ownership of firearms was assumed a right but not exercised by the majority who consciously put their faith in the democratic process to effectively stymie any tyrannical leanings on the part of your governments.

It is a sad commentary indeed that the current political climate in the U.S. of majority mistrust and 'suspicion of intent' has brought you to this juncture in your history. This firearm debate is but a symptom of a much worse problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2018, 08:30 AM
 
535 posts, read 107,167 times
Reputation: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Typically people own guns before getting CC permits, since it is legal to purchase them without the licence. Its a carry licence, not a purchase licence. IMO it might make sense to make it into a purchase licence.
TYPICALLY in a handgun situation they go hand in hand. Most people do go ahead and get the weapon while waiting for the license to carry it but the point is a significant number of these people are first time gun owners. And logically, as long as there are a significant amount of guns being produced and sold gun ownership is increasing unless you believe that gun owners are dying faster than guns are being sold or passed down to family members. There are Far too many guns being sold for this to be the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2018, 08:35 AM
 
Location: Near Manito
19,516 posts, read 20,892,279 times
Reputation: 13835
Thank goodness all weapons are legally obtained by smiling folks happy to undergo a waiting period, fill out numerous forms and offer multiple types of identification and background info to conscientious minimum-wage store employees.

Otherwise, we’d have a country in which the vast majority of gun murders are committed by people with stolen or illegally-obtained weapons: people for whom permits and background checks are laughably irrelevant.

What a relief it will be when we have more laws that everyone approves of and obeys. Like voter ID and our immigration statutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2018, 08:35 AM
 
Location: Newport Beach, California
33,245 posts, read 20,081,203 times
Reputation: 12987
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Don't agree. You haven't used it as intended since your country's founding fathers first crafted it, yet here you are today, the world's most advanced and prosperous nation.

All of this current frothing over the 2nd Amendment was not even a part of daily discussion among Americans until the recent decades. The ownership of firearms was assumed a right but not exercised by the majority who consciously put their faith in the democratic process to effectively stymie any tyrannical leanings on the part of your governments.

It is a sad commentary indeed that the current political climate in the U.S. of majority mistrust and 'suspicion of intent' has brought you to this juncture in your history. This firearm debate is but a symptom of a much worse problem.
You made some great points here.

There are already so many unregistered guns out there, I doubt any new gun laws will fix the problem.

The ONLY way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. I really don't know why this is so hard for some people to understand.

I am a very good girl with a gun. If I am allowed to bring my guns to the mall, at least I feel I can defend myself and save a couple of people. I am NOT going to sit there and waiting to die. That is for damn sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2018, 08:40 AM
 
Location: Florida
62,987 posts, read 34,302,543 times
Reputation: 10457
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL IRON View Post
TYPICALLY in a handgun situation they go hand in hand. Most people do go ahead and get the weapon while waiting for the license to carry it but the point is a significant number of these people are first time gun owners. And logically, as long as there are a significant amount of guns being produced and sold gun ownership is increasing unless you believe that gun owners are dying faster than guns are being sold or passed down to family members. There are Far too many guns being sold for this to be the case.
Nah, people buy handguns for home defense, and some time down the road get a CC license.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uHBFiAnpZs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2018, 08:41 AM
 
18,263 posts, read 10,362,943 times
Reputation: 13320
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Great post.

I don't want to be the last good person without a gun when bad people are armed.

My family has several stores in the shopping malls. My neighbor store owner is a veteran (combat veteran) I would have felt much better if he brought his guns to his store everyday. Oh God, I am hoping he does. He gave me some useful tips just in case there is a mass shooting. He also said he would do the best he could to protect me and everybody else. He was highly trained and was a sharp shooter.

This is the honest truth. I don't trust any of the security guards who are not trained at all.

If I am allowed to bring my gun to the mall, at least i feel I have a last fighting chance for survival.

Gun free zone = good people have no guns here, come and ambush them.
Why don't you sell your stores in that mall in Somalia and move to the U.S. then. Although it may not have been your intent; your post reeks of unwarranted fear and paranoia.

You are living in the country with arguably the highest potential for social advancement and opportunity to enjoy all that progress has designed, yet here you are expressing fear of your fellow citizens to the extent other first world countries can never begin to understand.

You are implying, either deliberately or subconsciously that the situation of you being in fear of a mass shooting in your place of business is acceptable as long as you've got your gun under the counter assuaging your fears. That sounds like a typical shop owner in the market places of all the chit-hole countries of the world........not what one would expect from a business owner in the U.S. of A.

The debate over firearms and it's outcome will not address your problem but merely serve to further tolerate it.

That saddens me and should sadden you also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2018, 08:44 AM
 
Location: Newport Beach, California
33,245 posts, read 20,081,203 times
Reputation: 12987
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Why don't you sell your stores in that mall in Somalia and move to the U.S. then. Although it may not have been your intent; your post reeks of unwarranted fear and paranoia.

You are living in the country with arguably the highest potential for social advancement and opportunity to enjoy all that progress has designed, yet here you are expressing fear of your fellow citizens to the extent other first world countries can never begin to understand.

You are implying, either deliberately or subconsciously that the situation of you being in fear of a mass shooting in your place of business is acceptable as long as you've got your gun under the counter assuaging your fears. That sounds like a typical shop owner in the market places of all the chit-hole countries of the world........not what one would expect from a business owner in the U.S. of A.

The debate over firearms and it's outcome will not address your problem but merely serve to further tolerate it.

That saddens me and should sadden you also.
This is the problem I have with your post.

Anybody who have concerns about mass shooting are paranoid.

Well, if no one should be concerned, then why should we have discussion of gun violence? Why should desperate parents crying on TV and demand "something must be done."

Come on now.

Every single time, there is a mass shooting, we should just say, "Oh, this is just another man bites dog story. Move on. Don't be paranoid." "live your life and stop being so paranoid."

Just because you have concerns and want to protect yourself, doesn't mean you are paranoid. Your first sentence does not make any sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2018, 08:45 AM
 
29,711 posts, read 16,419,464 times
Reputation: 13801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What? Sell them after a ban is lifted and everyone can buy them from any store again? Not a good investment.
You sell them on the black market. Dont like it, too bad, it exists and always will thanks to prohibition laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2018, 08:47 AM
 
535 posts, read 107,167 times
Reputation: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Nah, people buy handguns for home defense, and some time down the road get a CC license.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uHBFiAnpZs
YEEEAAHHHHHHHHHH I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you here. LoL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top