U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2018, 01:16 AM

66,240 posts, read 30,169,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaemily View Post
The only thing I can think of is that Trump is doing this to somehow increase gun sales but I don't think he's that smart.
As I said... My guess is he's trying to deliberately sabotage any gun control law, either from passing Congress at all due to lack of agreement or Federal Court will strike it as unConstitutional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2018, 01:22 AM

3,182 posts, read 2,217,593 times
I think at least there should be a judge involved like a search warrant not just some phone call to the police and your guns can be taken I could see this being abused by stalkers, ex spouses want to gain an edge on their target.

Old 03-01-2018, 01:31 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,997,216 times
Quote:
Taking a 'right' away especially without due process would have never crossed his mind.
Yes it did. He discussed barring people on the no-fly list from buying guns. Problem being is there was no due process to the creation of the no-fly list and the list is secret and there is no established way of getting off of said list.

Old 03-01-2018, 01:49 AM

10,963 posts, read 4,820,283 times
Hell no.

As someone who is very pro 2A and understands the importance of due process in preventing the government from having absolute power, **** like this is why I always end up voting third party.

Old 03-01-2018, 01:53 AM

6,176 posts, read 3,498,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
As I said... My guess is he's trying to deliberately sabotage any gun control law, either from passing Congress at all due to lack of agreement or Federal Court will strike it as unConstitutional.
Please donít make stuff up. Trump doesnít think that way. Either way itís reckless.

Old 03-01-2018, 01:54 AM

10,576 posts, read 4,372,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
There would have been multiple assassination attempts within a day.
The left was dead certain there would be assassination attempts on Obama by white racist gun fanatics, weren't they? But its been 10 years now and, aside from that one crazed Mexican guy who took a pot shot at the White House... nothing. And you still come out with this. No shame?

Old 03-01-2018, 01:58 AM

1,708 posts, read 498,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
No- as an Independent I know what will happen. Some of the ranking Republicans and Fox and Friends will whisper in his ear that the NRA provided in excess of $30MM to his campaign, and their support is vital for the party, yadda-yadda, and Trump will slowly walk back this stance.

Just like he did with DACA.

He's a creature of expediency and lives the moment. He's politically stupid.
+1

And not just politically either...

He's gonna run, NOT walk back that stance!

Old 03-01-2018, 02:30 AM

11,917 posts, read 3,601,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Now we have leftist posters moving to the right of Trump on guns to get a shot in?

I guess any shot at Trump is good, even if it means exposing yourself as comically devoid of any principles.

Wrong. Neither of the posters you just quoted has a history of "gun-grabbing," or of wanting to do away with due process. I doubt either one has changed position just to oppose Trump.

Old 03-01-2018, 02:44 AM

66,240 posts, read 30,169,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Please donít make stuff up. Trump doesnít think that way. Either way itís reckless.
Doesn't he? He offered the Dems amnesty for 3 times as many DACAs as Obama ever suggested, and they blinked. Wouldn't take the deal.

Old 03-01-2018, 02:51 AM

9,761 posts, read 5,435,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ing/381145002/

WOW! Down us Up, Right is Left!!! The whole irony behind this?

Those words were never uttered by Obama. Ever. Not even in the slightest. Obama was a Constitutional lawyer. Taking a 'right' away especially without due process would have never crossed his mind.
Are you sure about that?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-control-obama

Obama may have been a Constitutional lawyer but he was notorious for trying to do end runs around the Constitution and remove rights without due process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies