U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2018, 02:58 AM

16,732 posts, read 8,615,886 times

Advertisements

All talk. Waiting for the actual legislation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2018, 02:59 AM

58,033 posts, read 40,763,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Now we have leftist posters moving to the right of Trump on guns to get a shot in?

I guess any shot at Trump is good, even if it means exposing yourself as comically devoid of any principles.

Very good description of Trump!

Old 03-01-2018, 03:17 AM

10,374 posts, read 5,857,219 times
Not bothering to read 6 pages, just wondering if the old stand by Fake News has been injected by any apologists yet.

Walmart has followed Dick's lead in changing what and to whom they sell guns. The GOP President is now openly talking about gun confiscation. The gun guys are not having a good week, this anti-gun tidal wave just has to sting.

Old 03-01-2018, 03:29 AM

1,708 posts, read 495,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Bah! I donít believe a word that comes out of that Cheeto. Iíve seen this show before with immigration.

Donald Trump doesnít know what the heck heís doing. He CANNOT take your guns and give you due process later.

The president is NUTS and he is a BS artist. Nobody knows what heís going to say in a couple of days.

This joke of a president is no longer funny. He needs to go.

+1

Hey! You can't say that about our president and get away with it!

Old 03-01-2018, 04:52 AM

22,670 posts, read 12,123,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Itís obvious heís going to have to work both sides to bring about meaningful change.
Work both sides -- sure -- but abandon key principles of our country to do so?

I'm overstating it a little but abandoning due process to 'work a side'...really? That doesn't seem the best way to get things done.

Old 03-01-2018, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
I didn't vote for him. His stances on the 2nd Amendment and open borders gave me pause. I also feared that he'd be too friendly with the phony civil rights movement involving the gay/trans people (due to him letting Jenner in the women's room.) and some comments he made and was wary, due to him saying he may have supported Planned Parenthood in the past and suggesting appointing his very pro-abortion sister to the Supreme Court, I was wary about his stances on life and marriage (his three marriages didn't make me think he was exactly for one-man, one-woman marriage.)

We have GOT to kill these tyrannical gun control bills, just like we have to kill the DACA bills.

So whatcha got against all my friends?

Old 03-01-2018, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
So it is OK to take the rights of say 10 or 50 or 100 with out due Process, but take the rights with 1000 or a million Not OK.

It is never OK to strip people of their rights with out Due Process.
Minorities have been saying the same thing for centuries!

Old 03-01-2018, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaemily View Post
The only thing I can think of is that Trump is doing this to somehow increase gun sales but I don't think he's that smart.
It doesn't take "smarts" to act upon already embedded fears held by 5 million NRA members and 10 million of their sympathizers.

Increasing gun sales is the only thing that makes any sense!

Old 03-01-2018, 05:21 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,907,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaemily View Post
The only thing I can think of is that Trump is doing this to somehow increase gun sales but I don't think he's that smart.

Think about this:

I'm pretty sure his original run (2016) was a publicity stunt. He did EVERYTHING he could to not get elected, and his bat-crap crazy followers drank it up like crack-spiked kool-aid and put him in office. Fast forward to this week; he just announced he'll be running for reelection in 2020, while at the same time, the wheels are coming off of the Trump-Train on every car. He's had a really bad week, worse than all the other bad weeks, and this is just icing on the cake.

The only think I can think of is that he won't admit he's in over his head, so he's going to state he's running for reelection, but he won't make the same mistakes he made in 2016. He'll really go after any level of sanity, offending people on all sides, and then will play the victim card when he doesn't get elected.

For once in his life, I hope he doesn't fail. He really needs to succeed in not getting reelected.

(And where are all the "Hitler took the guns without due process" people now?)

Old 03-01-2018, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Good grief, people. President Trump is not going to go left-winger on us and take people's guns away. He's listening to the different sides right now and thinking through all this to make the best decision he can for whatever can be afforded to do at the top. Trouble is, you can't really nationalize gun laws. There are local decisions all over the country that are made by local people, and that's where the buck really stops. The Feds can't change the Second Amendment, and nobody can abolish it or repeal it.

I doubt seriously that Trump is going to make any earth-shattering decisions. He's going to do what's constitutionally right. And don't bother bringing his "predecessor" into this matter.
You mean you're faith isn't waning?

You must truly be a die-hard!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies