U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2018, 05:46 AM
Noc

1,439 posts, read 1,803,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Good grief, people. President Trump is not going to go left-winger on us and take people's guns away. He's listening to the different sides right now and thinking through all this to make the best decision he can for whatever can be afforded to do at the top. Trouble is, you can't really nationalize gun laws. There are local decisions all over the country that are made by local people, and that's where the buck really stops. The Feds can't change the Second Amendment, and nobody can abolish it or repeal it.

I doubt seriously that Trump is going to make any earth-shattering decisions. He's going to do what's constitutionally right. And don't bother bringing his "predecessor" into this matter.
Yeah lets not b/c we all know his ideals where NOTHING near taking anyone's guns away. It was all made up fear mongering and now your God has said it which means its in the history books folks and you just brush it off as "oh he doesn't mean that".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2018, 05:46 AM

30,194 posts, read 16,586,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Look at them, they are assault weapons. No one needs that. Far too dangerous, no one should have access to that.

Stick with hunting rifles like this:
An AR-15 is a popular "hunting" rifle. It is also the most popular weapon of choice for household defense by women who are on their own at a young age (20 years of age, for example).

Fact: The AR-15 is not a "military" weapon. It was developed first for the civilian market. The military version is different.

Old 03-01-2018, 05:54 AM

1,602 posts, read 397,406 times
When someone pretends then MSN use victims and children as weapon and shield.
MSM Uses Children As Weapon To Misinform Audiences By Spitting Out Bullets Of Disinformation & Using "Survivor" Status As Shield From Criticism

It reminds me of the subplot of the South Park episode "Gnomes" where the protesters didn't wanted a Hardbucks coffee shop and used the South Park kids as part of the goal.

To quote of part of Mrs. Tweak from this episode:
Quote:
We've been using these poor kids to pull at your heartstrings for our cause, and it's wrong. We're as low and despicable as Rob Reiner.

Old 03-01-2018, 06:07 AM

27,185 posts, read 15,710,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Obama took it with him when he left. Donnie said he wasn't going to need it.
And the right wing is fine with this? I mean I thought they defended Trump's against the whole impeachment rumors related to Russia or the Stormy Daniel's situation...

Old 03-01-2018, 06:08 AM

35,127 posts, read 19,212,969 times
Talking Obama's Not Coming For Your Guns. Trump, OTOH...

tRump, jus' another gun grabbin' rich boy from Noo York Siddy!

Git a rope!

Old 03-01-2018, 06:15 AM

18,072 posts, read 10,100,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Already gone. Everyone is searched at airports via various means without probable cause.
You can thank the last republican president for that, and for having to take your shoes off when you check in.

Old 03-01-2018, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Already gone. Everyone is searched at airports via various means without probable cause.
You can thank the last republican president for that, and for having to take your shoes off when you check in. That adorable "Patriot Act" to make it look like ther Great White Father In Washington was keeping America safe. America should have asked the Cherokees and the Sioux how that normally works out.

That, and the fact that airports are legally gun-free zones.

Old 03-01-2018, 06:19 AM

33,845 posts, read 41,968,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Look at them, they are assault weapons. No one needs that. Far too dangerous, no one should have access to that.

Stick with hunting rifles like this:
You realize what you did. What's the over/under on how many catch it?

Old 03-01-2018, 06:20 AM

Quote:
As I said... My guess is he's trying to deliberately sabotage any gun control law, either from passing Congress at all due to lack of agreement or Federal Court will strike it as unConstitutional.
Trump isn't nearly smart enough to think that far ahead, and he isn't educated enough to know how laws are made. That's why he can;t work with Congress, and has spent a year doing nothing but writing Executive Orders (like the ones Obama wrote all the time but that was different, remember?). He has no filter. Whatever comes up, comes out. It's just another example of him shooting from the lip and spraying another lie all over the room.

Old 03-01-2018, 06:20 AM

51,794 posts, read 29,855,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Where does it end? It never ends. It will be similar to what happens in nations like the UK. I hope this thread doesn't turn into a pro gun vs anti gun debate. Lets keep on topic, and be honest. The goal is to end all firearms eventually. Don't reply "I am a Democrat and I love my guns, no one is taking them from me". You are a minority my friend, a very small and SHRINKING minority. Shrinking not just in percentage, but in actual numbers.

The path will be.
Registration
Ban Military style rifles
Ban High capacity magazines
Ban All rifles
Ban All handguns
Ban All shotguns except for farmers
Disarmed most police officers
No knives
Democrat gun owners only deceive themselves when they think nobody's going to take their guns, the anti-gun crowd's goal is to remove the 2nd Amendment from our constitution one step at a time under the pretense of "making everyone safer", and the majority of whom are Democrats, they may not admit it, but I'll quote a Democrat from 1993, AG Janet Reno:
"Waiting periods are only a step.
Registration is only a step.
The prohibition of private firearms IS THE GOAL."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies