Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 11:12 AM

29,442 posts, read 14,623,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Where does it end? It never ends. It will be similar to what happens in nations like the UK. I hope this thread doesn't turn into a pro gun vs anti gun debate. Lets keep on topic, and be honest. The goal is to end all firearms eventually. Don't reply "I am a Democrat and I love my guns, no one is taking them from me". You are a minority my friend, a very small and SHRINKING minority. Shrinking not just in percentage, but in actual numbers.

The path will be.
Registration
Ban Military style rifles
Ban High capacity magazines
Ban All rifles
Ban All handguns
Ban All shotguns except for farmers
Disarmed most police officers
No knives
Exactly, and this is proven in other countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 11:13 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Bad news if you are one of those people that think old-school hunting type firearms are OK and protected under the Constitution but that "weapons of war" like the AR-15 are too deadly and should be banned.

We already ban "weapons of war."

Individuals cannot legally own a nuclear weapon, for example. You can't go buy a used MiG, fully loaded with weapons, and fly it around, or an MLRS. There's a huge range of military hardware that's illegal to own/use/etc

Personally I'd keep bolt-action rifles legal, because it takes a tremendous amount of skill and experience to fire them in rapid fashion. I don't even think we need to "Ban assault rifles" or "Ban semi-automatic rifles" so much as we need to keep them out of the hands of teenagers whose brains have not yet developed.

Old 02-20-2018, 11:18 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,831,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
When are you going to lay off that rhetoric? Come up with something new already.
If the shoe fits.... just look at sanctuary cities putting illegal aliens above the American taxpayer.

Look at what liberals want to do to the second amendment.

Old 02-20-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Maybe. But... I don't know... can you honestly say your way is working? I mean... 49x more shootings than the next developed country? Really, that is sustainable?
America has a small minority that commits a large percentage of homicides. Take them out of the stats and Americas has violent crime rates consistent with the rest of the western world.

Just compare the highlighted numbers below.

In America, we don't discriminate. We don't punish everyone in a group (gun owners) for the poor behavior of a small minority (criminal gun owners). Just like we don't punish all Muslims for the acts of some radical Muslim terrorists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_a...tates#Homicide

Homicide

According to the US Department of Justice, African Americans accounted for 52.5% of all homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008, with whites 45.3% and "Other" 2.2%. The offending rate for African Americans was almost 8 times higher than whites, and the victim rate 6 times higher. Most homicides were intraracial, with 84% of white victims killed by whites, and 93% of African Americans victims were killed by African Americans.[43][44][45]
In 2013, number and percentage of murder arrests by race were:

Black or African Americans 4,379 = 52.2%
White Americans (including Hispanic Americans) 3,799 = 45.3%
American Indians or Alaska Natives 98 = 1.06%
Asian Americans 101 = 1.2%[46][47]

Inversely, the percentage of individuals in each racial demographic arrested for murder in 2013 was:

0.01% of Black or African American population (4,379/38,929,319)
0.0017% of White American and Hispanic American population (3,799/223,553,265)
0.0033% of American Indian or Alaska Native population (98/2,932,248)
0.0007% of Asian American population (101/14,674,252)
0.001% of Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander population (6/540,013).[46][48]

Old 02-20-2018, 11:20 AM

1,330 posts, read 698,641 times
Quote:
Maybe. But... I don't know... can you honestly say your way is working? I mean... 49x more shootings than the next developed country? Really, that is sustainable?
If you haven't figured it out by now, the whole #MAGA thing is just a cover. They're not interested in making America great for its citizens, you know, having us become on par with other 1st world countries in areas like healthcare, education, affordable housing, and environmental policies.

They're too interested in chasing pennies on a dollar with tax cuts, giving away more money to corporations with failed trickle down policies, and making sure their biggest donors aren't limited by policies to squeeze every penny out of the American public. Not to mention, don't forget - guns don't kill people, so we're not going to do anything about it because somehow their right to own firearms is greater than the right for another's life. Regardless of race results for violence -- you don't see nearly as many homicides in France with their large black population.

Old 02-20-2018, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
If the shoe fits.... just look at sanctuary cities putting illegal aliens above the American taxpayer.

Look at what liberals want to do to the second amendment.
How about that President who put his talks with Turkey over the American citizens who were attacked on US soil?

Yeah, that's right. He's the BEST PRO-AMERICAN EVER!!!!!!!

Old 02-20-2018, 11:28 AM

Quote:
How about that President who put his talks with Turkey over the American citizens who were attacked on US soil?

LOL. I'd be more concerned about your presidential candidate that took bribes in exchange for uranium.

Last edited by Colorado^; 02-20-2018 at 12:26 PM..

Old 02-20-2018, 11:28 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:

Who says a belief in 2nd Amendment rights and Donald Trump go hand in hand? I don't trust Trump as far as I could throw him and considering how he has historically been infamous as businessman who was great at telling his customers what they wanted to hear until he turned around and threw them under the bus for his own profit, I don't understand why anyone trusts the guy.

Old 02-20-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
LOL. I'd more concerned about your presidential candidate that took bribes in exchange for uranium.
I didn't vote for anyone in the last election. No one was worth voting for.

And no, I'm more concerned about an acting president who has literally done nothing when Americans are physically attacked on US soil. He values his friendship with dictators then his own American people.

Old 02-20-2018, 12:35 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
what even more interesting is the murder stats .. Chicago has the most strictest rules on gun control/restrictions....yet over 600 murders last year.. hows the gun control working for you chi-town

London England...guns are pretty much banned( very strict),,,,... yet there were 2,544 gun crime offences....and Knife crime also high with 12,074 recorded offences
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies