Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2018, 10:13 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,115,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Law enforcement is just a full-time "professional" extra layer.
That love to shoot unarmed Americans (of all colors) and are too chickenshhh... to go into a school and stop a mass murderer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 10:21 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
That love to shoot unarmed Americans (of all colors) and are too chickenshhh... to go into a school and stop a mass murderer.
That's just the extremes and exceptions. Police do a lot of good law enforcement too. They deter crime and help keep order. They sometimes bring justice for families by solving crime. Are you going to be able to identify and chase down a crime suspect and get him off the streets? That can take a lot of resources and know how.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:43 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,923,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I like your responses, and understand the slight changes. The reason for the stop the stop and frisk is to put a stop to drive by's and car jackings
A tinted out Escalade rolling on 30's thru the hood at 3:30am , going 10mph is most likely up to no good. And the group of teens hanging outside a gas station /party store at 5:00am are most likely looking to jack someone.
Here's the thing, someone is going to have their rights violated, there is just no way to make progress without it.

Do you live in the hood? Since when do you care what happens in the hood?! Homies been getting shot up, down and sideways, for decades to little effect on the wider world. The reason why the earth has suddenly tilted on its axis and the NRA head has had to give a pep talk to rally the troops is because it is NOT business as usual in the hood anymore. Parkland was upscale, Newtown was upscale, the Vegas Strip is NOT Compton or Watts, or the South Side! That's why getting exercised about what gangbangers are doing on their own time is offensive in the extreme. It has nothing to do with this. And... I just cannot believe the irony: "Here's the thing, someone is going to have their rights violated, there is just no way to make progress without it.". Did you really say that and not feel a twinge? Did you read my thread where I mentioned being stopped a dozen times in 2 years. Do you think that's ok? Well... if its ok for me to have to go through that then its ok for some pain to flow the other way too. As you know I don't think a total handgun and long gun ban is too extreme but I'll settle for an AR-15 ban. But if shooters start using Oreo cookies instead when they can't get their hands on semi-automatic rifles anymore we will be coming for your cookies.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:48 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Such an example does not mean much...heck, I can flip a nickel and 1 in 6,000 times it will land on the edge.

Why not stick to the facts? If you want to kill more people faster you will do much better with a long gun. If you want to horribly wound them in a way they are unlikely to recover, a decent .223 bullet does a better job (according to the US Military after extensive tests) than a .30 caliber.

Facts are difficult things. The combination of lax laws, poor background checks, stupid parents and guardians, large magazines AND more lethal bullets invites higher body counts.

Ask your local SWAT team how many revolvers they deploy.
100 million rifles. Probably 50 million modern sporting rifles(ARs,AKs, etc) 400 million total guns. Within 10 to 20 years there will be a half billion guns.

1 million kids under 10 on pharmaceuticals. Libs attack men and boys. Libs attack family and God. You've reaped what you've sown.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:56 PM

32,052 posts, read 15,037,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
100 million rifles. Probably 50 million modern sporting rifles(ARs,AKs, etc) 400 million total guns. Within 10 to 20 years there will be a half billion guns.

1 million kids under 10 on pharmaceuticals. Libs attack men and boys. Libs attack family and God. You've reaped what you've sown.
Doubtful. And we have reaped what we're sown is true so I doubt mankind will last much longer. We will die out and start over....maybe not since we are destroying our planet. I have no idea.

Old 02-23-2018, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
It's the difference in the ammunition that counts the most. The AR-15 bullet is far more damaging than any pistol round. A bullet from a pistol doesn't liquify a person's organs as it passes through the body.

Personally, I doubt any rifle will ever be banned now. But I fully expect the ammunition to be restricted, along with the high-capacity magazines and the bump stocks and other devices that increase the AR-15's rate of fire.

The AR-15 is the school shooter's weapon of choice, period. Lots of other guns have been used, but it's simply the best there is for killing people at short range in large numbers. There are now 1.3 million of them among us, so trying to ban the gun is simply impossible now.

As a gun, it's next to useless for any sporting purposes. While the ammunition's caliber is pretty good as a varmint round, there are others that are better, and many others that are cheaper for the purpose.
1.3 million ARs? Wrong. There's a LOT more than that

Old 02-23-2018, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Doubtful. And we have reaped what we're sown is true so I doubt mankind will last much longer. We will die out and start over....maybe not since we are destroying our planet. I have no idea.
Wrong again. Its even worse.

5 million kids under 12 on pharma

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...chiatric-drugs

Old 02-23-2018, 11:31 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
I have yet to see a case where anybody exercising their 2A right and defending themselves with a gun, against the cops, ever works out with them walking away free, if even alive. It's a fantasy to even suggest we are on equal footing with the police because we own a gun. They have many more men, and many more guns, and many more resources. You might take out a couple, but you'll get got.

Hell, look at the japanese internment camps during WWII. If there was every a time for the citizens to use the 2A it would have been them.

But we both know if they had, the camps would have been turned into mass graves.

The 2A as a means to preserve freedom is a fantasy. It's decent for home defense, but anybody taking up arms against the government isn't going to get a free pass anyway, they'll still be labeled as criminals. So even if the 2A was repealed, and the people still felt it necessary to violently revolt, they'll get their guns one way or another.
That would not be the case if enough American citizens banded together on the issue. Thats another way Govt has succeeded at dividing the people, they know majority of people will never even consider taking part in an armed revolution, even if it was necessary to do so. At this point, patriotism has sort of been engineered out of most people, patriotism today equates to obedience and subservience to many.

After all, to a tyrannical Govt, a patriot IS A terrorist.

Old 02-23-2018, 11:40 PM

8,165 posts, read 6,916,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Do you live in the hood? Since when do you care what happens in the hood?! Homies been getting shot up, down and sideways, for decades to little effect on the wider world. The reason why the earth has suddenly tilted on its axis and the NRA head has had to give a pep talk to rally the troops is because it is NOT business as usual in the hood anymore. Parkland was upscale, Newtown was upscale, the Vegas Strip is NOT Compton or Watts, or the South Side! That's why getting exercised about what gangbangers are doing on their own time is offensive in the extreme. It has nothing to do with this. And... I just cannot believe the irony: "Here's the thing, someone is going to have their rights violated, there is just no way to make progress without it.". Did you really say that and not feel a twinge? Did you read my thread where I mentioned being stopped a dozen times in 2 years. Do you think that's ok? Well... if its ok for me to have to go through that then its ok for some pain to flow the other way too. As you know I don't think a total handgun and long gun ban is too extreme but I'll settle for an AR-15 ban. But if shooters start using Oreo cookies instead when they can't get their hands on semi-automatic rifles anymore we will be coming for your cookies.
Who is "we"?
You?

Are you saying you will actively participate in door-to-door gun confiscation?

Old 02-24-2018, 12:11 AM

39,848 posts, read 26,477,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post

That LEO at the school couldn't stop the 19 YO with the superior firepower.
We'll never know if he could have or not. The LEO didn't even try. No reason to think he'd do any different against something far more devastating-like a 12ga shotgun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies