Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2018, 02:23 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
There is, and has long been (since 1968 specifically), a prohibition on the mentally ill from purchasing a firearm. The specific verbiage is "adjudicated mentally defective". What that means is described here:

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2013...h-and-firearms

The process works-as long as it's actually used. The process includes a body to petition the courts to review the evidence of "mental defectiveness". It provides objective standards and offers the accused an opportunity to defend himself from these accusations. It's not simply a matter of a neighbor that doesn't like someone (or perhaps guns) pointing at them and saying "he's nuts". The issue is that the authorities that have the responsibility to initiate this process...all too often are not willing to do so.

Perhaps, before passing new laws...we should have a clue what ones already exist. Nah, that doesn't let people feel like they are "doing something".
And the demagogues want to distort reality and lead people to think we have no gun laws at all, that fully automatic machine guns are sold to anyone and everyone at local gun shows, as if we are living in the wild, wild west, etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2018, 03:35 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times

Old 02-26-2018, 04:29 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
This is pure crap.

Do you not know or do you just like to lie?

A full auto AK would be over $10,000. A murder would get less penalty than selling a full auto illegally.

https://machineguncentral.com/ViewDe...b-148e24c47d9f
I had a neighbor with a fully automatic weapon. They paid $300 for it. The penalty for snitching on them would probably be being murdered. It was not a good neighborhood, and was a long time ago.

If you think they arent out there, and for far less then 10K, then you really have no clue how easy it is to modify the weapons.

Old 02-26-2018, 04:41 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
"Jefferies Destroys Gun Ownership" - Warning you'll hear a lot of F bombs in with the comedy about this serious topic.

https://youtu.be/0rR9IaXH1M0

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 02-26-2018 at 05:28 PM..

Old 02-26-2018, 04:43 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
What are you talking about? Outsiders melting in? What culture has kept people safe over the generations? That doesn't even make sense.
*Sigh*, as "immigrants" have flooded these nations that were actually quite safe things have changed. I'm not going to go OT to explain it further.

Old 02-26-2018, 04:49 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Jefferies Destroys Gun Ownership - Warning you'll hear a lot of F bombs in with the comedy about this serious topic.

part one
https://youtu.be/0rR9IaXH1M0
Tried to give it a chance (I have no idea why) and then he says the only argument for them is that people like them. As if they have no practical use like hunting, self defense, and sport. Whey a video from a comedian is introduced as fodder for this thread I have no idea.

Old 02-26-2018, 05:02 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Tried to give it a chance (I have no idea why) and then he says the only argument for them is that people like them. As if they have no practical use like hunting, self defense, and sport. Whey a video from a comedian is introduced as fodder for this thread I have no idea.
He gets into every side of the gun debate. No less valuable in this thread full of links from some of the most obscure and questionable sources on the web. He's from Australia and has a lot of interesting things to say and he does it with humor.

Old 02-26-2018, 05:10 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
He gets into every side of the gun debate. No less valuable in this thread full of links from some of the most obscure and questionable sources on the web. He's from Australia and has a lot of interesting things to say and he does it with humor.
Like I said, within the first two minutes he diminishes his credibility by claiming the only reason people have to actually keep their guns is "because they like them" I mean you honestly believe thats of value? Even the most left leaning admit that self defense and hunting are very legitimate reasons for gun ownership and this guys leading premise is keep them "just because you like them" just as useless as the obscure and questionable links if he honestly believes that.

Old 02-26-2018, 05:48 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I had a neighbor with a fully automatic weapon. They paid $300 for it. The penalty for snitching on them would probably be being murdered. It was not a good neighborhood, and was a long time ago.

If you think they arent out there, and for far less then 10K, then you really have no clue how easy it is to modify the weapons.
Huge difference in a legal vs illegal.

Old 02-26-2018, 05:50 PM

13,248 posts, read 7,312,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

Sure you can modify but if you have anything to lose in life it's not worth it I knew a guy who got caught ended up serving 16 years in state prison (California) back in the 90's. He built them from parts kits he got at the gun show he lost everything successful business he built up over 20 years. When he was in prison his wife died of cancer he wasn't even able to be with her when she died. If you want to own full auto best to be legal criminals do what they want they have nothing to lose in life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies