Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2018, 08:33 PM

3,368 posts, read 1,604,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You aren't the military. I realize your macho weaponry makes the testosterone flow, but there is no reason in Hell that normal citizens need these assault weapons or huge magazines. No reason whatsoever.

People have had enough of the carnage these weapons cause, enough is enough.
Aside from you being incorrect, what does your post have to do with the fact that "Handguns, various hunting rifles and shotguns" are semi autos?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2018, 08:34 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
You aren't the military. I realize your macho weaponry makes the testosterone flow, but there is no reason in Hell that normal citizens need these assault weapons or huge magazines. No reason whatsoever.

Fortunately most people aren't irrational coastal liberals and know the difference between carnage and rare tragic incidents and can tell the difference between someone doing something and the impossibility of something doing it. You people obviously don't want to solve the problem, you want to ban guns. If you really cared about saving lives you'd do something about the cause, but no, you focus on the tool as if someone determined to kill people would have no other options.

Old 02-26-2018, 08:34 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
These guns have never caused carnage. It's the mentally ill nuts who operate those guns.

Why are young males so much more violent in the last 25 years? Please answer that one.

Old 02-26-2018, 08:37 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,115,724 times
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!111111!!!11

Police in Washington sell seized assault weapons back to the public

Quote:
When law enforcement agencies in Washington and other states sell guns they've confiscated during criminal investigations, they're not just selling pistols and hunting rifles, they're also putting assault weapons, including AR-15s, back on the street.

Sheriff's offices and police departments across Washington state have sold dozens of AR-15s, AK47s and other assault weapons since 2010, an Associated Press investigation found.
Police in Washington sell seized assault weapons back to the public | OregonLive.com

Old 02-26-2018, 08:41 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,519,039 times
Quote:
<>People have had enough of the carnage these weapons cause, enough is enough.
Melt them all down, I say. Enuff is enuff. I drove past the NC NG ARmory last week and there were AR-15 issue rifles poking out every window. There was a kid on a skateboard just passing by and they had that poor boy dancing around and tormenting him something awful, pinging away at him everytime he tried to run off.

Old 02-26-2018, 08:53 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
"Jefferies Destroys Gun Ownership" - Warning you'll hear a lot of F bombs in with the comedy about this serious topic.

https://youtu.be/0rR9IaXH1M0
Or if you want to watch someone who actually knows a little bit about the subject, unlike that idiot in your link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHS4qRJ8cFI

REAL CONVERSATIONS: I'm Pro-Gun | Change My Mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APC2jnOSfhQ

Old 02-26-2018, 08:53 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,825,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Fortunately most people aren't irrational coastal liberals and know the difference between carnage and rare tragic incidents and can tell the difference between someone doing something and the impossibility of something doing it. You people obviously don't want to solve the problem, you want to ban guns. If you really cared about saving lives you'd do something about the cause, but no, you focus on the tool as if someone determined to kill people would have no other options.

There are always going to be sick people in this world, no one can know who will be the next guy to climb a tower and start taking out innocent people. However, if we can do a couple of things it will be a good start in the right direction:

1) Tighten up the loopholes that allow guns to be sold with NO background check. Estimates range from 13% to 40% of all the weapons sold in this country NEVER had a background check run. These are sales through gun shows, private party sales, and things like that.

2) Semi automatic assault weapons have no purpose other than to kill as many people as possible in as short a period as possible. They are not good for hunting or target practice, so why have them at all ?

3) Tougher background check requirements are needed. Too many people slip through the cracks, and they are the ones who end up committing these crimes.

4) We need a way to track people who are buying and storing obscene quantities of weapons and ammo. Every one of the idiots who commit these slaughters are found to have stored enough guns and ammo to supply a small army.

Old 02-26-2018, 09:05 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
Handguns, various hunting rifles and shotguns are ample enough for home & body protection and to put food on the table.
These can all be purchased as semi-autos. I'm not quite sure what is not understood about this. If you think the AR-15 is a weapon of war you don;t want to see what kind of damage a semi-auto .308 hunting rifle can do.

Old 02-26-2018, 09:07 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
House Democrats introduce bill prohibiting sale of semi-automatic weapons

I guess he forgets that cops have tanks.

Typical Statist hypocrisy. I wonder why they don't draft a bill to defund the military...

Shall not be infringed. Who authored this again? That guy is a threat to me, my family and my property.

Old 02-26-2018, 09:07 PM

4,251 posts, read 3,170,586 times
All the hubbub about AR-15 and assault weapons......correct me if I am incorrect but from a statistical perspective, aren't far more people are killed by handguns? So, if the goal is to actually reduce deaths, wouldn't it make more sense to ban handguns??? While I don't own any "assault" weapons (I have plenty of other weapons) I believe it would be a waste of time to embark on such a journey as it won't yield the desired results.......but then perhaps the "actual" goal from those on the left is not to reduce deaths but to disarm the populace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies