Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 11:47 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,528,765 times

Advertisements

I am glad Twitter did this, it is about time. Now if only Facebook would do the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2018, 01:08 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,728,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
While I certainly would not criticize their actions what I can tell you is they are fighting an uphill battle considering it's state sponsored. Even when dealing with run of the mill spam bots there is fine line between keeping the bots out or making it to difficult for the user. There is going to be tremendous amount of resources given to these operations whether it's financing, technical resources or human resources. Flying under the radar is not going to be that difficult no matter what hurdles they put up.
That may be true.

You know, nowhere is it written that Twitter or its competitors have to exist. It may be that their whole model is unsustainable, and that Twitter will inevitably come to be dominated by fake accounts and bots all tweeting each other and generating fake statistics that have little or nothing to do with actual people. Who will have long ceased to take them seriously.

Those of us who have stuck with email lists and forum software are not worried. These platforms have their problems too, but somehow they seem more manageable. Maybe just because their propagation time is so much longer?

Old 02-22-2018, 01:14 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,150,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
That may be true.

You know, nowhere is it written that Twitter or its competitors have to exist.
That is what a lot of people would like to see. Keep the riff raff (the people) out of politics.

Old 02-22-2018, 01:18 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,728,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That is what a lot of people would like to see. Keep the riff raff (the people) out of politics.
So Twitter was started to serve politicians? Huh. That's not the story I heard.

And in case I haven't made myself clear, I don't use Twitter or even FB. But oddly, I still manage to participate in politics. As surely everyone here has noted. And I participated in politics for decades before anyone envisioned online social media.

Old 02-22-2018, 01:45 PM

37,150 posts, read 19,160,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
How about meddling by Mexico?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...efforts-in-u-s

This is FAR worse than anything the Russians are alleged to have done. The Russia investigation is 100% an anti-Trump political operation.
Only if he's guilty. If the evidence shows him to be innocent, he has nothing to worry about.

Old 02-22-2018, 03:19 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,585,955 times
It's a pity about all the liberals on here supporting Twitter's, Soros's, and the Democrats's Fascism under the guise of making up stuff about Russian bots and fake news. Adolf Hitler is proud of you guys.

Old 02-22-2018, 03:24 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,585,955 times
Right, they're going after Russians. More like conservatives and Trump supporters. The Russians Mueler indicted weren't even slapped in iron. This is "Blame the Jews!" all over again, except the target of the totalitarian state is conservatives and Christians this time.

I CAN say this, while we did NOT interfere in this election, based on how tyrannical you've been to us under Otraitor and how you've acted with your Deep State under Trump, should it appear that your party will win the Presidency, we WILL stage something that time because the whole country is stake!

Old 02-22-2018, 03:29 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,489,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Right, they're going after Russians. More like conservatives and Trump supporters. The Russians Mueler indicted weren't even slapped in iron. This is "Blame the Jews!" all over again, except the target of the totalitarian state is conservatives and Christians this time.

I CAN say this, while we did NOT interfere in this election, based on how tyrannical you've been to us under Otraitor and how you've acted with your Deep State under Trump, should it appear that your party will win the Presidency, we WILL stage something that time because the whole country is stake!

You better tell Trump about this bias. He needs to get off Twitter asap
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies