Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 10:52 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,225,564 times

Advertisements

Jack Dorsey is a communist subversive and Twitter is run basically like the NKVD or MIA with regards to information ops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 10:53 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
You clearly don't understand what communism is.

A private business exercising control over their private property is pure free market capitalism.

Expecting government to force a private business to provide a platform for all content would be a form of communism. You and others are actually arguing for the government to control the means of production and falsely labeling it freedom. It seems like you support giving government the power to dictate operating policies to private business which is about as far away from American principles as you can get.
This, exactly.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:54 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,225,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
They don't just target regular followers, they target news organizations, journalist, etc. They delete all of their content (work) and control the conversation.

They also have a feature where they "shadow ban" people where the public can see a particular user's posts.
FB does the same thing (shadow banning and other sneaky deceptions) to prevent dissident opinions they don't like from being seen by anyone.

I deleted my FB and I have never used Twitter...I refuse to support these kinds of organizations.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:55 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,179,855 times
Look at you little teenage girls counting your followers. Millennials, ammirite?

Old 02-21-2018, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
It is a private business and private businesses can't defraud. Which is exactly what Twitter has done.
How so?

From their terms of service (section 4)

"Our Services evolve constantly. As such, the Services may change from time to time, at our discretion. We may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Services or any features within the Services to you or to users generally. We also retain the right to create limits on use and storage at our sole discretion at any time. We may also remove or refuse to distribute any Content on the Services, suspend or terminate users, and reclaim usernames without liability to you.
We may suspend or terminate your account or cease providing you with all or part of the Services at any time for any or no reason, including, but not limited to, if we reasonably believe: (i) you have violated these Terms or the Twitter Rules, (ii) you create risk or possible legal exposure for us; (iii) your account should be removed due to prolonged inactivity; or (iv) our provision of the Services to you is no longer commercially viable. We will make reasonable efforts to notify you by the email address associated with your account or the next time you attempt to access your account, depending on the circumstances. In all such cases, the Terms shall terminate, including, without limitation, your license to use the Services, except that the following sections shall continue to apply: II, III, V, and VI."

Old 02-21-2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Look at you little teenage girls counting your followers. Millennials, ammirite?
The entitlement is definitely strong in this thread.

Old 02-21-2018, 11:06 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yes -- a whole bunch of followers were purged from my account. All bots. I use to try and keep up but they would keep adding on. I was in the thousands and I am thrilled Twitter is cleaning house for me.

Problem is most that use Twitter don't believe that those bots exist, don't know how to spot them and were flattered they were so popular -- lol.
I don't label myself a liberal or conservative.

My followers were definitely cleaned up. As I mentioned in the post above, I use to spend time deleting the bots....but as quickly as you delete them hundreds more would show up. So I just stopped. I went from thousands of followers down to hundreds.....and I scanned quickly and it seems all those bots with eggs for picture or scantily clad women with names & lots of numbers are gone.

I suspect that many of those complaining had no clue that the followers were bot. One woman claims all her followers were taken but her account still shows the same number of followers -- i don't know what she's talking about.

That's the thing -- like that poor old lady -- they didn't even realize that some of the accounts they were following and had as followers were bots.

Shaking my head.

Old 02-21-2018, 11:08 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
https://twitter.com/bjcreigh/status/966352893367418882

Old 02-21-2018, 11:43 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
How so?

From their terms of service (section 4)

"Our Services evolve constantly. As such, the Services may change from time to time, at our discretion. We may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Services or any features within the Services to you or to users generally. We also retain the right to create limits on use and storage at our sole discretion at any time. We may also remove or refuse to distribute any Content on the Services, suspend or terminate users, and reclaim usernames without liability to you.
We may suspend or terminate your account or cease providing you with all or part of the Services at any time for any or no reason, including, but not limited to, if we reasonably believe: (i) you have violated these Terms or the Twitter Rules, (ii) you create risk or possible legal exposure for us; (iii) your account should be removed due to prolonged inactivity; or (iv) our provision of the Services to you is no longer commercially viable. We will make reasonable efforts to notify you by the email address associated with your account or the next time you attempt to access your account, depending on the circumstances. In all such cases, the Terms shall terminate, including, without limitation, your license to use the Services, except that the following sections shall continue to apply: II, III, V, and VI."
Specifically by employing a fraud to impersonate brands. Thats a FTC law.

Deray McKesson is his name.

Old 02-21-2018, 11:44 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Its also defamation to falsely label people Russisn trolls. Ill provide an example when im at my laptop
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies