Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 10:45 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
He destroyed the rifle as a symbol of solidarity and outrage the students feel about the lack of gun laws we have in this country. When is enough enough? Funny how we never hear of these mass shootings in other civilized countries. We have a cowboy mentality in this country and it is too dangerous with all of these unstable people who get revved up by something and then go off on a killing spree.
"the lack of gun laws we have in this country"

Emphasis on "lack of gun laws"

I guess thousand are not enough!

Old 02-21-2018, 10:48 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
U.S. gun owners are destroying their rifles in response to the Florida school mass shooting which claimed 17 lives.

Gun owner Scott-Dani Pappalardo, who has a tattoo of the Second Amendment honouring Americans' rights to bear arms, inspired the #OneLess campaign with an impassioned anti-gun speech which has been viewed by more than 17 million people.

US gun owners destroy rifles in #OneLess response to Florida school shooting *

This was as useless as John Kerry throwing his unearned medals over the White House fence. He did it for the publicity.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:52 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I agree. Funny how the majority of us get through life and can go out in public every day without having a gun strapped to us. Must be a lot of paranoid/insecure people in this country, who feel they are going to be attacked every time they go to Walmart.

Somehow, I have gotten through 72 years without ever having to pull a gun on anyone. Maybe I am just a secure person though.

Maybe people are starting to realize this isn't the old west any more, and people, like the one in that article, are sick of seeing slaughter after slaughter without anyone doing a damn thing about it.
"Somehow, I have gotten through 72 years without ever having to pull a gun on anyone."

And millions of time a year other American have had to, to protect themselves and their families.

Look up The Armed Citizen.

Too bad the major media VERY seldom, if ever, reports on THESE.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:53 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Lol, they did not destroy those rifles, most of it is intact, just put a functional piece in to replace it.

At that, yea, people who most likely will never use their rifles in murder destroyed them, or are they saying they may use them so they destroyed them?

Old 02-21-2018, 10:54 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
I agree. Funny how the majority of us get through life and can go out in public every day without having a gun strapped to us. Must be a lot of paranoid/insecure people in this country, who feel they are going to be attacked every time they go to Walmart.

Somehow, I have gotten through 72 years without ever having to pull a gun on anyone. Maybe I am just a secure person though.

Maybe people are starting to realize this isn't the old west any more, and people, like the one in that article, are sick of seeing slaughter after slaughter without anyone doing a damn thing about it.
I never needed an ambulance nor a fire extinguisher.

At that, murder and gun violence rates are at historic lows.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:55 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
People can do what they want with their own things.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:57 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
What do accidental deaths have to do with deliberate murders?

The NRA better put out some better talking points. The illogical drownings and car accident analogies are stale, old and no longer working.
Street racing resulting in death is not considered accidental its considered man slaughter if not murder. But seeing how 1000's upon 1000's of AR-15 owners shoot and own responsibly but are blamed when someone uses one wrongly, is akin to a Mustang or any car owner street racing and killing people so all Mustang owners are held responsible.

Old 02-21-2018, 11:04 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,354,336 times
Quote:

Must be a lot of paranoid/insecure people in this country who are afraid of their fellow citizens who go about their daily business while LAWFULLY armed.

Old 02-21-2018, 11:09 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,354,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
U.S. gun owners are destroying their rifles in response to the Florida school mass shooting which claimed 17 lives.

Gun owner Scott-Dani Pappalardo, who has a tattoo of the Second Amendment honouring Americans' rights to bear arms, inspired the #OneLess campaign with an impassioned anti-gun speech which has been viewed by more than 17 million people.

US gun owners destroy rifles in #OneLess response to Florida school shooting *
"Owners" and "their" is plural. That article is only about ONE individual. More than likely it was staged as a publicity stunt.

Old 02-21-2018, 11:19 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
We don’t need assault rifles. Especially sold to a 19 year old. Totally ridiculous. Did I say ban all guns? Selective reading i guess. NO ASSAULT RIFLES.
Assault rifles made after 1986 are already banned from ownership by private citizens. Same for any replacement parts for NFA weapons made after 1986. 32 years later, law still in effect.

Assault rifles have selective fire and one of the selections is automatic fire. Banned since 1986.

You might be referring to semiautomatic sporting rifles, in which case you do not possess any ability/power whatsoever to decide what every other American citizen needs or does not.

My reading of every founding document of this nation and the thinking of the time they were written tells me exactly what I need for my natural, individual right to keep and bear arms, pursuant to the security of a free state. You don't factor into that equation, other than the knowledge that you are one citizen who has voluntarily disarmed themselves, who someone like me might one day have to decide whether to help defend or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies