Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2018, 04:19 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,890,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
As a regular Joe I don't care. This stuff does not keep my knickers bunched up in a knot a night. At this point what difference does it even make??????
You don't care whether or not the staff, advisors, and close associates of the President of the United States are criminals and in thrall to Putin's Russia?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

5,277 posts, read 2,798,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
The news is not mentioning this requirement to testify at Trump's "impeachment hearing" in what I am hearing on the Ari Melber show--
Maybe they haven't had it long enough to really drill down into specific language
But why would Mueller put that into a plea deal requiring testimony at impeachment if he has any doubts the evidence will hold up for that...
And obviously he plans to turn it over to Rosenstein and they will tell Congress that impeachment is warranted...

And if Alfa Bank goes--so does Wilbur Ross and lot of other very wealthy people including Putin and the Dutch attorney's FIL who owns 1/3 of it...and maybe even Trump or his kids or Kushner with loans from Alfa Bank...
"any hearing" would include an impeachment hearing.

The plea agreement very specifically is open for a reason and simply doesn't say "court hearing".

This means Gates is forced to go to any Congressional Hearing.

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times
This has to be better than Watergate really--
And we haven't even had open hearings yet...
This is like Bruce Willis in "DieHard" or Burt Lancaster in "Valdez is Coming"
Bobby III sticks is relentless...

I am wondering if this will eventually out Dana Roarbacher or Devin Nunes for taking money from Russian sources...
Or indeed the RNC itself might be compromised since it was hacked and had nothing released by the Russian Trolls and Wikileaks like the DNC/Podesta suffered...

Old 02-23-2018, 04:21 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,361,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwong7 View Post
I'm assuming he was bright at one point in his life, but his intellect may have taken a backseat to the pursuit of wealth, influence, and "catch me if you can" shenanigans. Some folks get wiser with age, while others peak early and lose what they once had. Manafort seems to be the latter.
Apparently he has been able to avoid the law for a long long time. The sheer arrogance is incredible.

I hope in some ways he defends himself to the end. The look on his face....I hope they allow cameras in the courtroom on his sentencing. The look on his face is going to be amazing.

Old 02-23-2018, 04:34 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
All the trumpers who were posting madly that Flynn has only pleaded guilty to one charge of lying is proof that that is all they have on him....take note of how the Gates plea deal played out.

Gates indicated he wanted to deal...then he hemmed and hawed for over a week. So Mueller charged him with additional crimes carrying very very heavy jail time.

Those trumpers who think Flynn doesn't have more charges that Mueller can levy on him, need to rethink that theory. Flynn and his lawyers know this and they know if Flynn gets cold feet that Mueller will charge him AND his son with some very hefty crimes.
It seems like Muller is playing multi-dimensional chess.

I think you are right with Team Muller using Gates as an example as he maybe was using Alex van der Zwaan as warning to lawyers.

Old 02-23-2018, 04:39 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,583,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
All the trumpers who were posting madly that Flynn has only pleaded guilty to one charge of lying is proof that that is all they have on him....take note of how the Gates plea deal played out.

Gates indicated he wanted to deal...then he hemmed and hawed for over a week. So Mueller charged him with additional crimes carrying very very heavy jail time.

Those trumpers who think Flynn doesn't have more charges that Mueller can levy on him, need to rethink that theory. Flynn and his lawyers know this and they know if Flynn gets cold feet that Mueller will charge him AND his son with some very hefty crimes.
Does this end the narrative that Mueller is some rube that will be soundly outsmarted by halfwits like Trump and Jay Sekolow or is that still in play?

Old 02-23-2018, 04:42 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,361,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Does this end the narrative that Mueller is some rube that will be soundly outsmarted by halfwits like Trump and Jay Sekolow or is that still in play?
LOL. That narrative was dead a long time ago. Muellers history of taking down bad guys should have ended it before it began.

Honestly, if you're a bad guy trying to make Mueller look like a rube is not going to end well for you.

Old 02-23-2018, 04:55 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,798,684 times
Le Pen?

Mueller used a plural.

Has she spouted Gates and Manafort paid speech about the Ukraine?

Last edited by pbmaise; 02-23-2018 at 05:04 PM..

Old 02-23-2018, 05:21 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,639,371 times
More pressure on Manafort. Mueller's added some additional charges after Gates plead guilty:

Mueller probe: Manafort hit with new charges after Gates pleads guilty

Former Trump campaign chief Paul Manafort was hit with new charges on Friday, including an allegation he secretly recruited and funded a group of former European politicians to lobby in the United States on behalf of Ukraine.

The most significant allegation is that Manafort assembled what he called a "Super VIP" group of highly influential Europeans who could push Ukraine's agenda "without any visible relationship" with the Ukrainian government, according to an email obtained by Mueller.

----

it appears that Mueller is really gunning for Manafort to cut a deal too.

Old 02-23-2018, 05:24 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,639,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
This has to be better than Watergate really--
It's a good thing I didn't do drugs during Watergate, or I'd be thinking I was on some sort of flashback trip.

It feels enough like Watergate deja vu as it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies