Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 11:47 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
LOL . . . and yet you are here whining about others exercising their rights.

These teachers and students have every right to walkout and march and express their concerns. We gun owners also have the same right to march and express our concerns.

All reasonable and law abiding gun owners understand this very simple principle. The time for working together, change and compromise is here. It will happen with or without you because there is definitely a gun problem, which needs to be resolved.
See, this is were you get dictatorial. I'm not agreeing to change and further compromise 2nd amendment rights. I don't agree there's a gun problem to resolve. If you don't like the gun rights here, move to china or somewhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 03:18 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Do you know how difficult it would be for a teacher to react in an active shooter situation? Even cops have to be trained countless hours in order not to make mistakes. And then they still do sometimes. Arming teachers is not the answer. Banning assault weapons would be a good start.
Sure I do!
Teachers are paying attention to their teaching and their class when a shooting breaks out.

The shooter's only purpose and intent is is shooting the gun.

The teacher has to shelter the class, and if there was a gun, would have to go get it, while trying to keep the chaos of a bunch of kids all screaming and freaking.

Then the teacher would have to find where the shooter is, which would be risking her life, and then have to decide whether it was possible to take a shot at the shooter or whether it would be better to lock the door and protect the kids.

That's a hell of a lot of critical and conflicting decisions that have to be made in a few seconds. One wrong choice means the teacher and the class both end up splattered on the walls.

Teachers aren't gunslingers, and these shootings all happen very quickly. Even trained police don't have to make so many split-second decisions as every teacher does in a school shooting.

Given the fact that most teachers will have a 30-40 year career and never even see a gun in school only adds to the problem. These shootings always happen suddenly, and there's never any advance warning. Once second the school is in its normal routine, and the next second, kids are screaming, bleeding and dying.

It is ridiculous to think armed teachers can defend a school from a shooter, period. Trying to use that as a solution is utter nonsense.

I have 4 teachers in my family who have all said exactly this to me over the past couple of days. And every single one of them knows how to shoot a gun.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:09 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,110,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
You can't comprise with the globalist gun grabbers. You either surrender or they try and destroy you.
I can understand your concern. You live in a lose lose situation.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:19 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,110,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
LOL . . . and yet you are here whining about others exercising their rights.

These teachers and students have every right to walkout and march and express their concerns. We gun owners also have the same right to march and express our concerns.

All reasonable and law abiding gun owners understand this very simple principle. The time for working together, change and compromise is here. It will happen with or without you because there is definitely a gun problem, which needs to be resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
See, this is were you get dictatorial. I'm not agreeing to change and further compromise 2nd amendment rights. I don't agree there's a gun problem to resolve. If you don't like the gun rights here, move to china or somewhere else.

You are being much too sensitive.

I did not create the current atmosphere nor am I demanding that anyone compromise.

It's your right to fight the impending changes, which are on the horizon.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:25 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
They were behind the anti-Trump protests around election time and were giving kids things like this:

It's a known fact that the AFT and NEA are big gun control proponents. Also, I heard from CNN (and I think they're being honest here for once) that the Women's March people are pushing these anti-gun walkouts, and I've tied some of the teachers unions and other unions to that too: https://www.womensmarch.com/partners/

Heck, the AFT is one of the sponsors of the Women's March: https://www.womensmarch.com/sponsors
so what?

Old 02-23-2018, 09:31 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,625,222 times
More Republicans hating on Unions. They want no middle class. Just like the Banana Republics. Republicans love cheap labor with no rules for safety either.

Old 02-23-2018, 12:20 PM

13,610 posts, read 21,391,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Well, since teachers are in the direct line of fire, why wouldn't they support making their workplace safer? Makes perfect sense.
I once met a teacher at the range, he told me he cannot even mention that he owns guns and supports the 2nd amendment otherwise the wrath from of other teachers and the system , basically it would threaten his job.

Old 02-23-2018, 01:02 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,403 times
Teachers and students in other developed countries don't have to worry about arming themselves. This is ONLY an American problem. Hmm, I wonder why?

Old 02-23-2018, 09:11 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I once met a teacher at the range, he told me he cannot even mention that he owns guns and supports the 2nd amendment otherwise the wrath from of other teachers and the system , basically it would threaten his job.
Meh.
Every single teacher I know owns at least one gun. Ownership really depends much more on the state one lives in than the occupation a person has. Here in Idaho, the gun culture is old and very well established.

So much so that we don't talk about guns much. Everyone has one. No need to talk about them.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:30 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The teachers packing heat, will be making a higher salary than these flunkies.
Trump said “ we will pay them a little bit of a bonus”.

Referring to teachers who choose not to c/c as “ flunkies” says more about you than them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies