Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 09:58 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why should his Jewish remarks be forgiven? Nah..hell no.

Jesse Jackson said Hymietown...it’s still used against him. Sharpton said “diamond merchants” once. Still used against him.

You don’t get a break because you’re white.

And what pastor would push the idea of killing people in a foreign nation that never did anything wrong to his country?
Hmm, speaking of Jesse Jackson, will they allow his body to lie in state when he passes?

Old 02-23-2018, 10:09 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Hmm, speaking of Jesse Jackson, will they allow his body to lie in state when he passes?
We all know the answer to that.

And when Obama passes, rest assured that we'll see countless posts on the internet full of rage that he's allowed to lie in state, and half of them will be filled with racial slurs.

We all know how the game is played. If you're a evangelical "Christian" and white, you can do no wrong and everyone is supposed to put up with your crap.

Did Billy donate all his money to charity upon death? Lol - of course not.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:11 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
We all know the answer to that.

And when Obama passes, rest assured that we'll see countless posts on the internet full of rage that he's allowed to lie in state, and half of them will be filled with racial slurs.

We all know how the game is played. If you're a evangelical "Christian" and white, you can do no wrong and everyone is supposed to put up with your crap.

Did Billy donate all his money to charity upon death? Lol - of course not.
Typical prog hate post here.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:12 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,667,531 times
This thread gives me hope for C-D.

Three die hard conservatives, sometimes referred to as deplorables and dotards and Trumpees by the other side are lying in the same bed and having the same position as three die hard liberals, when they normally go at each other's throats.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:13 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Typical prog hate post here.
You can't prove me wrong, so you attack the messenger. Typical right-wing debate tactic. Go back to honoring the rich pastor who hated gays, just like Jesus would have done, lol...

Old 02-23-2018, 10:30 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
nonsense!
Prove it.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:39 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,401,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
You can't prove me wrong, so you attack the messenger. Typical right-wing debate tactic. Go back to honoring the rich pastor who hated gays, just like Jesus would have done, lol...
Who also , might I add, raised a very
bigoted son. Between that and not leaving all or some of his millions to the
poor makes you wonder who Graham really was deep down.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:45 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
I had nothing against the man personally, but Billy Graham was a private citizen and religious figure not a politician, so why is he being afforded a priviledge normally reserved for Presidents and National political leaders?
Can you find me where dictates separation between church and state in the Constitution?

What the Constitution says is

Quote:
Amendment I. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
I fail to see the word separation written in there, can you point it out to me?

The separation of church and state is a philosophic and jurisprudential concept for defining political distance in the relationship between religious organizations and the nation state.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:50 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Where was your concern when he was praying in the White House with every single American President in his lifetime?

That could be taken a few different ways. Maybe he was a political leader afterall. But then praying with presidents doesn't violate the First Amendment. If it did, we'd only allow atheists to be president.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:52 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why should his Jewish remarks be forgiven? Nah..hell no.

Jesse Jackson said Hymietown...it’s still used against him. Sharpton said “diamond merchants” once. Still used against him.

You don’t get a break because you’re white.

And what pastor would push the idea of killing people in a foreign nation that never did anything wrong to his country?

Still haven't gotten an answer to that question. I'd like to know where Jesus preached the 'goodness' of attacking countries that'd done nothing to us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies