Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 06:24 AM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times

Advertisements

Just a rant. Just like the nonsense that the Conservatives were claiming a couple of years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 06:32 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,798,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Roll eyes. Left wing paranoia. Id laugh but righties were saying the same thing about Obama.
Really. Try this survey on for size.

"52 percent of Republican pollsters supported a postponement of the 2020 election when presented with the question:

If Donald Trump were to say that the 2020 presidential election should be postponed until the country can make sure that only eligible American citizens can vote, would you support or oppose postponing the election?"

https://www.bustle.com/p/can-preside...020-vote-75808

Now what if the question was:

We cannot stop Russian interference in time for the 2018 midterms, would you support postponing the election?

Now compare that question with:

"U.S. officials can't stop Russian President Vladimir Putin from interfering in the 2018 elections if he chooses to do so, according to Secretary of State Rex Tillerson".

Seems Tillerson is already setting the stage to postpone.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:42 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,791,073 times
Another one.

What is wrong with professors these days? Any lunacy you year these day, a professor almost certainly said it.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:43 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I really doubt this scenario.

You should have added a poll that asked if Trump attempted a coup d'état would you support it.

Trump and Trumpism is more like a cancer, or more accurately, a foreign virus on our national politics. A rot that is destroying our institutions and unity. He is also undermining all respect for the rule of law.

Trump is too inept and his attention span too short to attempt a putsch, and not popular at all with the military brass, who look at him as a fool.

However, he is setting the table for a future autocrat by his actions, words and deeds .
this is as stupid a notion as the stupid "professor" claiming Trump would attempt to nullify midterms.

IF Trump or any other person were to attempt a Coup, there would be a whole host of bible thumping Gun LOVING conservative voters marching on Washington to overthrow the dirtbag and restore order.

THAT is truth. stop with the stupid innane leftist fear mongering.

god that was moronic!

Old 02-23-2018, 06:45 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,397,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
this is as stupid a notion as the stupid "professor" claiming Trump would attempt to nullify midterms.

IF Trump or any other person were to attempt a Coup, there would be a whole host of bible thumping Gun LOVING conservative voters marching on Washington to overthrow the dirtbag and restore order.

THAT is truth. stop with the stupid innane leftist fear mongering.

god that was moronic!
All I said was he should have added a poll. There are numerous posts by many "conservatives" who seem to have no problem with the notion. Even so I wrote that it was unlikely.

Your post is somewhat delusional. I doubt "bible-thumping gun loving" conservatives would march against Trump. I would hope so though.

Last edited by TreeBeard; 02-23-2018 at 07:39 AM..

Old 02-23-2018, 07:21 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Before everyone claims it is impossible...

Google:

Executive Branch Power
to Postpone Elections
July 14, 2004
Kenneth R. Thomas
Legislative Attorney
American Law Division

It is a PDF document. Nine pages.
Ok, so why don't we actually wait until it happens. Mmm-kay?!

Old 02-23-2018, 07:28 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
I remember some on the left making this claim in 2004 with President Bush, and on the right in 2012 with President Obama, namely that they would declare martial law and cancel the elections. It was nonsense then and it's nonsense now.

Both sides engage in this kind of crap. And that's all it is.

Old 02-23-2018, 07:29 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Yale history professor suspects Trump will nullify mid-term elections and claim they were invalid if the DNC retakes Congress.

"My new concern is that there will be something that happens around the time of the midterms. This will allow Trump and his allies to say that the midterms don't really count or that we have to have the midterms under exceptional conditions. Take note of how Secretary of State Rex Tillerson recently said that the Russians are going to hack the 2018 election and we really can't do anything about it.

I'm starting to wonder whether the idea might be to discredit the election and use Russian interference as a pretext to say that the elections aren't real and therefore we must not have any turnover."

https://www.salon.com/2018/02/23/tim...ing-elections/

Could he do this? Or maybe new Congressman are refused to be seated?

Bet you didn't know, Dec. 21st, Trump signed Marshall Law into effect, after the corruption found in our FBI, DOJ, NSA, & CIA.
I already told you guys & gals, March is going to be the month of voting & election fraud discovery. QAnon

Old 02-23-2018, 07:48 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Yale history professor suspects Trump will nullify mid-term elections and claim they were invalid if the DNC retakes Congress.

"My new concern is that there will be something that happens around the time of the midterms. This will allow Trump and his allies to say that the midterms don't really count or that we have to have the midterms under exceptional conditions. Take note of how Secretary of State Rex Tillerson recently said that the Russians are going to hack the 2018 election and we really can't do anything about it.

I'm starting to wonder whether the idea might be to discredit the election and use Russian interference as a pretext to say that the elections aren't real and therefore we must not have any turnover."

https://www.salon.com/2018/02/23/tim...ing-elections/

Could he do this? Or maybe new Congressman are refused to be seated?
I think it is up to the individual states whether their own elections to send people to Washington go forward or if they have already taken place are valid.

The executive branch can not block the seating of congress constitutionally.

Old 02-23-2018, 08:17 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Just a rant. Just like the nonsense that the Conservatives were claiming a couple of years ago.
And yet which party tried to derail a presidential election by creating a false dossier and then using it as an excuse to spy on the other party's campaign?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies