Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2018, 12:42 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpierce View Post
First Bank has cut its association with NRA on credit cards. I have an NRA credit card with first bank. I just paid for an NRA life time membership with it cut it up and will not pay the card. I don't use credit and have main cards I have had for years. I only had this for the NRA support. Screw any company that gets involved in politics. They do business not tell me what is a good or not a good org. to support.
Never truer words were spoken. I was appalled when I heard this. I used to have one of their ccs, I stopped using it and closed my account years ago: would never do business with them again. I think this will backfire hundred times over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2018, 12:52 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Never truer words were spoken. I was appalled when I heard this. I used to have one of their ccs, I stopped using it and closed my account years ago: would never do business with them again. I think this will backfire hundred times over.

So.........you haven't been a customer of theirs for years, and yet you think this decision will lose them customers. Well, they lost you a long time ago, so it will be no skin off of their teeth, will it ?

Old 02-24-2018, 12:59 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
So.........you haven't been a customer of theirs for years, and yet you think this decision will lose them customers. Well, they lost you a long time ago, so it will be no skin off of their teeth, will it ?
I think they will be more adversely affected by people who use their services and stiff them on the bill like Dear Leader taught them to do.

Old 02-24-2018, 01:32 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,140,525 times
The absurdity is the folks that think that getting rid of the NRA will rid them of the problems to begin with. You want the NRA out of government...then ban lobbyists and political action committee's not only from the NRA but also from Greenpeace, Soros, the Koch Brothers, the unions, and every Tom, Dick, or Harry who thinks that they are the be all, end all, on how we should live our lives........

Old 02-24-2018, 01:39 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
The absurdity is the folks that think that getting rid of the NRA will rid them of the problems to begin with. You want the NRA out of government...then ban lobbyists and political action committee's not only from the NRA but also from Greenpeace, Soros, the Koch Brothers, the unions, and every Tom, Dick, or Harry who thinks that they are the be all, end all, on how we should live our lives........
Exactly. They're a lobbyist like all the others. The left just likes to make them into the boogeyman or something. They're lobbying in support of the 2nd amendment so why are people surprised by their support of individual ownership of firearms? I don't get people sometimes.

Old 02-24-2018, 01:39 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpierce View Post
First Bank has cut its association with NRA on credit cards. I have an NRA credit card with first bank. I just paid for an NRA life time membership with it cut it up and will not pay the card. I don't use credit and have main cards I have had for years. I only had this for the NRA support. Screw any company that gets involved in politics. They do business not tell me what is a good or not a good org. to support.
This is funny. There are about 5 million NRA members so the effect to these companies by boycotting them will be nil. Likewise the NRA losing funds because of what these companies are doing will be nil and will probably increase their funds from 2A supporters who think this boycott is ridiculous. What I find hilarious is people are so upset by the NRA but have no qualms with their medical and other insurance companies whose lobby makes the NRA look like peanuts. I don't see any online campaign against them.

Old 02-24-2018, 01:41 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The error is assuming that what is true today will be true tomorrow.

30 million ARs are in private ownership in the US.

That means about one third of the 75 million will be directly impacted by any weapons ban that may be proposed.

If a big push for a weapons ban comes along, and there is certainly talk of one, Enterprise will associated with that effort and ****-off some 30 million potential customers.

Two weeks from now, most people will forget about AR-15s and mass shootings.

The exceptions will be the gun grabbers and the 30 million individuals that own AR rifles.

Is it worth it?

We'll see.
Your error is that you are assuming 30 million individuals own 30 million guns. That would be false. The NRA claims 5 million members (at best and some think that is an exaggeration). About 5 percent of the population owns over half the guns in the country.

Your math doesn't work, and most are not going to forget about this issue.

Also, just curious, but pro-gun people in this forum repeatedly tell us that the term 'gun lover' is rude and/or offensive--you know, not PC. Why is the term 'gun grabber' PC, but not 'gun lover'?

Old 02-24-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
This is funny. There are about 5 million NRA members so the effect to these companies by boycotting them will be nil. Likewise the NRA losing funds because of what these companies are doing will be nil and will probably increase their funds from 2A supporters who think this boycott is ridiculous. What I find hilarious is people are so upset by the NRA but have no qualms with their medical insurance companies whose lobby makes the NRA look like peanuts. I don't see any online campaign against them.
Of note, the NRA loses nothing. It was just discounts offered to NRA members to lure business their way much like discounts for AAA, AARP, etc.

Old 02-24-2018, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Your error is that you are assuming 30 million individuals own 30 million guns. That would be false. The NRA claims 5 million members (at best and some think that is an exaggeration). About 5 percent of the population owns over half the guns in the country.

Your math doesn't work, and most are not going to forget about this issue.

Also, just curious, but pro-gun people in this forum repeatedly tell us that the term 'gun lover' is rude and/or offensive--you know, not PC. Why is the term 'gun grabber' PC, but not 'gun lover'?
Although, numbers I've seen says that about a third of this country owns firearms I don't even believe that 30 million AR15 number is accurate. Believe it's lower. There are about 300 million privately owned firearms in this country.

Old 02-24-2018, 01:45 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Of note, the NRA loses nothing. It was just discounts offered to NRA members to lure business their way much like discounts for AAA, AARP, etc.
These companies are virtue signaling to their customers and don't care about losing the 5 million NRA member's business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies