Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 03:52 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times

Advertisements

Interesting article about this talented actor and former Dem. He didn't support Hillary Clinton, with predictable results.

Mentioned a #MeToo moment involving Brendan Fraser's own problems with the President of the Hollywood Foreign Press Assoc.'s definition of assault.

James Woods: Former Hollywood Foreign Press Association President Philip Berk Blacklisted Me over Hillary Clinton
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 03:56 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,227,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Interesting article about this talented actor and former Dem. He didn't support Hillary Clinton, with predictable results.

Mentioned a #MeToo moment involving Brendan Fraser's own problems with the President of the Hollywood Foreign Press Assoc.'s definition of assault.

James Woods: Former Hollywood Foreign Press Association President Philip Berk Blacklisted Me over Hillary Clinton

James Woods has quite a reputation in Hollywood. He had that nasty episode with actress Sean Young that practically ruined her career.

Personally, I highly doubt the reason he was blacklisted is the reason he said. He seems to be a really shady and difficult person in real life.

Old 02-23-2018, 03:57 PM

25,838 posts, read 16,515,156 times
James Woods Twitter is a must follow

Old 02-23-2018, 03:58 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
I personally don’t think he cares.

Old 02-23-2018, 04:00 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
James Woods has quite a reputation in Hollywood. He had that nasty episode with actress Sean Young that practically ruined her career.

Personally, I highly doubt the reason he was blacklisted is the reason he said. He seems to be a really shady and difficult person in real life.

I usually stay away from celeb threads but I've read several times about his shady behaviors.....blacklisting him sounds prudent...

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post

There are plenty of talented actors who are difficult because they are perfectionists. Christian Bale is one example. As for Sean Young, the woman is a nut case. It's okay to be nuts in Hollywood but you had better have talent. She didn't.

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
The guy should spend more time looking for work and less time whining about why he can't find any.

Maybe he's just not that good at playing any role other than a sleazeball--and that's not acting.

Can he explain why Clint Eastwood and Jon Voight aren't 'blacklisted?'

Old 02-23-2018, 04:06 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,227,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
There are plenty of talented actors who are difficult because they are perfectionists. Christian Bale is one example. As for Sean Young, the woman is a nut case. It's okay to be nuts in Hollywood but you had better have talent. She didn't.

No. There is talented actor who are difficult to work with; and then there is James Wood. He sounds like the twin brother of Donald Trump:

Confirmed Horrible Person James Woods Continues Being Horrible In 'Winning' Awful Lawsuit To Unmask Deceased Online Critic

Old 02-23-2018, 04:22 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
I love James Woods (his acting) and his movies. He's a good actor and had a long career. From what I have heard about some things he tweets and some of the behind the scenes stuff, I'm pretty damn sure he wasn't blacklisted because he voted for Hillary. I don't follow the politics of most actors and actresses, but if James Woods got blacklisted for his politics, explain Bruce Willis, Sylvester Stallone and Arnorld among others,.

Old 02-23-2018, 04:47 PM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
I saw James Woods in the tv series "Shark", its my favorite law drama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies