Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2018, 09:42 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,323,715 times

Advertisements

Here's an interesting and thoughtful timeline from Sheryl Attkisson. It starts in 2011 and is up to date. For the lib hysterics she also thoughtfully includes a link to the PolitiFact timeline. The differences are surprising. PolitiFact is a left-leaning fact-check site while Sheryl Attkisson is an investigative reporter playing it straight down the middle. Try comparing the two. PolitiFact wants Trump's head. Attkisson wants the truth.

https://sharylattkisson.com/2018/02/...rump-timeline/

In the article, from 2014..."FBI investigates, and then wiretaps, Paul Manafort for allegedly not properly disclosing Russia-related work. FBI fails to make a case, according to CNN, and discontinues wiretap."

An observation...the FBI has been after Manafort for awhile. A former FBI director, it must give Mueller great pleasure to finally take down Manafort in his role as special counsel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2018, 09:54 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,396,512 times
Ms. Attkisson does not dispute the timeline of Trump's alleged collusion:

Quote:
It’s easy to find timelines that detail Trump-Russia collusion developments. Here are links to two of them I recommend:

Politifact Russia-Trump timeline

Washington Post Russia-Trump timeline
I have little issue with the link though I don't knw what Clinton's email server or Benghzi hearing have to do with collusion against Trump.

My position is clear all foreign interference into our electoral system must be addressed, halted and stopped. I don't care who it benefits.

If Trump has colluded with the Russians it does not get him off the hook. If he violated the law, he should resign and face time in the big house

If any political candidate colluded with a foreign power to undermine our elections a pox on all their houses.

Old 02-24-2018, 09:55 AM

37,146 posts, read 19,170,135 times
Sharyl Atkisson is a right wing shill who left CBS because they were "too liberal". It goes without saying that CBS is as close to the middle of the road journalistically as you can get.

She would have a far greater impact and a lot more believability as a member of a working news gathering organization than as a blogger. As for this piece - I think a lot of it is more personal opinion/interpretation and wishful thinking on her part than fact.

Old 05-24-2018, 02:09 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,559,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Sharyl Atkisson is a right wing shill who left CBS because they were "too liberal".

She would have a far greater impact and a lot more believability as a member of a working news gathering organization than as a blogger. As for this piece - I think a lot of it is more personal opinion/interpretation and wishful thinking on her part than fact.
I just heard about this timeline and it's very helpful keeping all the players, dates and incidents straight in this ever expanding scandal. I wish she would update it as it ends in March in her piece. So much new info.

Sharyl's sin was exposing Obama's and AG Eric Holder's Fast and Furious program. CBS buckled under. Obama hated all press which didn't fawn over him. Remember how he subpoenaed phone records of AP reporters and Fox News? Looks like he had already weaponized intelligence agencies.

Her excellent book The Smear opened my eyes as to how all media platforms try to shape the narrative. Media Matters trolls post on this forum and others everyday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies