Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 06:45 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,490,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Next, the OP will tell us Melania married Donald Trump for love! HAHAHAHA!
She did. She loves money.

Old 02-24-2018, 06:48 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Gee, I guess Trump having kids with different mothers must make him one immoral SOB.
It is only one of a multitude of things that make him one immoral SOB.

Old 02-24-2018, 06:49 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,663,106 times
What percent of men either cheat, divorce or have multiple children from different partners? Sometimes we don't even know.

I don't understand the crumbling morals deal. I read a lot of history and it's always been quite common for people to have such.

Old 02-24-2018, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
It is only one of a multitude of things that make him one immoral SOB.
No doubt he's in the bottom 10% or worse when it comes to ethics and morality. I would say lower, but I am giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Old 02-24-2018, 06:53 PM

1,273 posts, read 1,638,635 times
Oh come on. Morals are no different than 20 years ago . 200 years ago. It’s just in your hypocritical face now.

Old 02-24-2018, 06:55 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I also was raised in the 50s and completely disagree with you.
In 1950 93% of children under 18 lived in a married couple household.

Old 02-24-2018, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
American is rapidly becoming more and more hedonistic. For the majority, children are an inconvenient byproduct of sexual pleasure. Many fathers are from fatherless homes and have no sense of obligation to children they sired. The US is now a nation of mostly bastard children.

Regardless if you believe in God or not the Bible was and is a good blueprint for living.
Those Catholic and other priest who are abusers probably know a lot of verse and scripture....

As we used to say - most of it is quite simple. The Sermon on the Mount, if you are going to be biblical, leaves out nothing. The same things have been said by many for thousands of years.

Or, just follow the Golden Rule and take responsibility for your actions and words.

The world has always been this way. The book I am reading about Saudi Arabia - where they try to enforce the strictest of "spiritual and moral" behavior, notes in the beginning that the divorce rate is 60%.

If we truly look at the world today we might find the the secular countries of Northern Europe are some of the most moral and ethical in the world. On the other hand, many countries which are "spiritual" are 2nd or 3rd world.

People are driven by pleasure and avoidance of pain. We can take it from there...

Old 02-24-2018, 07:12 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Already responded to that illogical conclusion. See #17.
You mean this pap?

Quote:
Logic 101 people. Where did I state that Trump caused this issue?

But one certainly can point to him as a person who has contributed to the moral decline simply by virtue of his lifestyle and history.

And one can certainly not start lecturing and condemning others for having the same morals Trump exhibits. Why that would be rather hypocritical wouldn't it?

You're trying to connect dots that simply aren't there. Someone started a thread about crumbling morals in America and women with children by multiple men, and rather than address the issue, you do what you usually do and use it to invoke Trump, as though there's some correlation between the topic and him.

You really are obsessed. Try sticking to the topic.

Old 02-24-2018, 07:19 PM

4,025 posts, read 2,710,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you certainly know the moral issue has little to do with who is in the White house. Let's talk about Kennedy or Clinton plus many others. No, this has nothing to do with the overall declining morals. None of the kids Trump has had or Kennedy had were illegitimate. Overall the problem became out of control starting in the 60s
Let me add,I am not defending Trumps morals either.
Tiffany Trump was born two months before Donald married her mother, Marla.

Old 02-24-2018, 07:23 PM

33,301 posts, read 12,484,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you certainly know the moral issue has little to do with who is in the White house. Let's talk about Kennedy or Clinton plus many others. No, this has nothing to do with the overall declining morals. None of the kids Trump has had or Kennedy had were illegitimate
Not only that, zero of Trump's kids were Medicaid births (the OP mentioned Medicaid births...and, additionally, JFK's kids were born before Medicaid existed) and, other than the normal tax deduction anyone gets for their dependents, taxpayers obviously didn't have to pay to help raise Trump's kids (and for anyone who says we don't know that because Trump didn't release his taxes....The IRS would know, and they would have busted him for trying to deduct anything kid related not available to others).

Quote:
Overall the problem became out of control starting in the 60s
Let me add,I am not defending Trumps morals either.
Me neither.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.