Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 12:06 PM

67,652 posts, read 60,440,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Due to many blaming the NRA for our mental health problem I decided to join with a 5 year membership. 5 million kids under 12 on pharma. That's the problem. Mental health. Not guns.
Bet you didn't join for all those NRA member benefits, did you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 12:52 PM

16,038 posts, read 10,605,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

Why is it that whenever something like this happens, the Left immediately starts talking about gun control? That isn't the problem. The problem is societal. It is moral and spiritual. It is a lack of regard for human life, and also of law and order.
If there is a problem with morality it lies fully with the NRA. The NRA is almost giddy with excitement after every mass shooting because they know that the lies and false fears they have planted in the weak minds of the gun fondlers will result in an increase in gun sales...their primary purpose.

Mass public shootings are a relatively new occurrence since the 1960s or so. Seven of the ten deadliest mass shootings involved semiautomatic weapons...almost 200 dead victims in those seven incidents. The total victim body count for the ten deadliest mass shootings was 294 and in many cases, the shooter(s) carried multiple weapons. Semiautomatic weapons guarantee a massive loss of life and are the weapon of choice for mass killers. There should be a complete and total ban on private ownership of these weapons.

The police who respond first to these mass shootings are outgunned. They can take out a guy with a handgun but if the shooter has a semiautomatic weapon you are on your own. You can thank the NRA for that, too.

Old 02-28-2018, 12:52 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,093,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Since conservatives are obviously way more intelligent, have better morals and more money than we liberals, they could easily overtake media, Hollywood, etc.

Where are they?
Actors/Hollywood are more "liberal". That's just a fact.

There are some conservative movies/Christian movies

Tim Allen's show got cancelled by Libby ABC.

Old 02-28-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Bet you didn't join for all those NRA member benefits, did you?
Nope.

Old 02-28-2018, 12:55 PM

8,330 posts, read 4,312,815 times
Good. Now go buy a gun and try not to shoot yourself.

Old 02-28-2018, 01:08 PM

67,652 posts, read 60,440,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Good. Now go buy a gun and try not to shoot yourself.
It's really easy not to shoot ones self or others with a gun.

Old 02-28-2018, 01:24 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,199,338 times
Somewhere I'm sure there's a pro-gun Democrat, but I haven't seen one in the wild yet

Old 02-28-2018, 01:40 PM

13,167 posts, read 21,733,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
Somewhere I'm sure there's a pro-gun Democrat, but I haven't seen one in the wild yet
Here. There are lots of us, I don't know why you'd think otherwise. Myself, I like owning firearms for protection from intruders and would prefer to maintain an advantage over them. Republicans say they want guns for protection but then are against laws designed to help prevent bad guys from getting them. It's indefensible stupidity. That's how twisted up the NRA has you.

Remember the old adage, if you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck. That's Republicans for you, wanting a level playing field with criminals and mental cases. Maybe it's empathy, I just don't know.

Old 02-28-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
If there is a problem with morality it lies fully with the NRA. The NRA is almost giddy with excitement after every mass shooting because they know that the lies and false fears they have planted in the weak minds of the gun fondlers will result in an increase in gun sales...their primary purpose.

Mass public shootings are a relatively new occurrence since the 1960s or so. Seven of the ten deadliest mass shootings involved semiautomatic weapons...almost 200 dead victims in those seven incidents. The total victim body count for the ten deadliest mass shootings was 294 and in many cases, the shooter(s) carried multiple weapons. Semiautomatic weapons guarantee a massive loss of life and are the weapon of choice for mass killers. There should be a complete and total ban on private ownership of these weapons.

The police who respond first to these mass shootings are outgunned. They can take out a guy with a handgun but if the shooter has a semiautomatic weapon you are on your own. You can thank the NRA for that, too.
Wrong
Most patrolman have access to an AR.

Morlas? LOL.

Liberals. 128 genders. Baby murder. Slap on wrist for criminals. Just to name a few.

Liberal; save the children ban guns. But I want to kill by fully formed baby in my womb

Old 02-28-2018, 01:59 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,199,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Here. There are lots of us, I don't know why you'd think otherwise. Myself, I like owning firearms for protection from intruders and would prefer to maintain an advantage over them. Republicans say they want guns for protection but then are against laws designed to help prevent bad guys from getting them. It's indefensible stupidity. That's how twisted up the NRA has you.

Remember the old adage, if you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck. That's Republicans for you, wanting a level playing field with criminals and mental cases. Maybe it's empathy, I just don't know.

Well, I'm not sure there's a lot of you. At least not on the national level. Most, if not all, Democrats I know are solidly anti-gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies