Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2018, 07:46 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,491,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Trump said....

In 1991, he observed a man beating another with a bat and has his limo pull over. He gets out and tells the batter to put it down. The batter then replies " Mr Trump..." drops the bat and takes off. Trump gets back into the limo and it drives away leaving bloody beaten guy in the street. No Police report was filed.

The story was plausible until you get to the part where the guy swinging the bat called him Mr Trump.

One had to have lived in/ around NYC at the time to appreciate the extent of Trump's self promotion and the NY tabloid sensationalism.

This is the man who referred to STD risks as his personal Viet Nam.
Lots of implausible parts. There was a crowd of people say look its Trump (it's superman!). Yet none interceded in the mugging.

One person said Trump did nothing and mugger had already left. One corroborated Trump. If the incident was never reported how did the reporter find multiple witnesses.

Why was it not reported to police if the guy took such a beating?

Trump always wanted to be in the news. He used to call up Liz Smith, society page, at the News and fake like he was someone else and try to feed her news on himself. There is no way on god greens earth Trump would seek anonimity.

I have yet to see this sources from the New York Daily News archives.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:47 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Warning:

Topic is based on the NY Times opinion about Trump.
Here is the CSPAN video:

https://nypost.com/2018/02/26/trump-...-to-save-kids/

Old 02-27-2018, 07:48 AM

12,382 posts, read 8,136,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump seems to be living in your mind 24 hours/day.

However please provide a quote where he proclaimed himself a superhero.

The thing is that with everybody calling Deputy Peterson a coward and saying that "I would have gone in for the children" did we really expect President Trump or any politician to say anything differently. And this would be the forth, fifth thread on the same topic as every OP thinks I got this brilliant ideal to get at President Trump with

Old 02-27-2018, 07:52 AM

2,518 posts, read 5,352,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Anyone who would run at an armed gunman that is murdering people, while they themselves are unarmed, is either dumb or stupid.

That's why he's saying it!

Old 02-27-2018, 07:56 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,157,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Trump has proven his willingness to personally stop crime, unlike most liberals.

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/...ger_without_a/
You Trump sycophants need to put down the pipe...

Varying reports about what actually happened that night were reported by witnesses. A 16-year-old named Kathleen Romeo, a St. Michael’s Academy student from Manhattan, said that she heard people screaming, “There’s Trump!”

However, Romeo also said that the guy with the bat ran away before Trump got out of his limo and “just looked around and went back into his limo.” Another unnamed witness backed up what Trump claimed happened that night, in an attack that wasn’t reported to police.

https://www.inquisitr.com/4805206/do...-1991-mugging/

BTW, how does this indicate that "most" liberals are not willing to stop crime? What is the leap of logic that allows you to come to this conclusion? Are you saying that every story of a crime thwarted by a citizen MUST have been by a conservative?

Old 02-27-2018, 08:00 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,697,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post

The thing is that with everybody calling Deputy Peterson a coward and saying that "I would have gone in for the children" did we really expect President Trump or any politician to say anything differently. And this would be the forth, fifth thread on the same topic as every OP thinks I got this brilliant ideal to get at President Trump with
Really? Everybody is saying that? I don't think so. I think people are asking why in heck did several people who are in that job, who have allegedly received specific and repeated training for just that situation, failed to act per their job and training. So, yeah, peterson really does look like a coward.

I really don't think +everybody+ is saying they would rush in. Have any more politicians said they would have? I think not. Oh, wait, that one woman in Florida said it, but then, she owes trump. Got anyone else saying it? I'd like to know who they are.

Old 02-27-2018, 08:01 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
That is what his paymasters told him to say.

You know ... that group which is tax exempt like a church, pays their leader 4 million per year, acts like a cult and is messing up our society? That one.
It dont matter who is saying that in his ear or if it is his own damn thought, it is disingenuous to have a listening session with survivors and parents of different mass school shootings, police officers talking about best practices and governors listening to their constituents and just disregarding it as white noise because of confirmation bias. A REAL president will do that, what we have now is a Con-artist in Chief.

Old 02-27-2018, 08:05 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
One of Trump's intentionally presposterous remarks. This time he made his audience, Republican Governors, complicit when he said " you would have, too".

In the meantime there is no certainty what Trump supports or not beyond teachers being allowed to carry and " paying them a little bit of a bonus to do so".

Old 02-27-2018, 08:23 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
tRump proclaimed himself a superhero.
The boogeyman looks under his bed for Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris looks under his bed for Trump

When Trump swims in the ocean, the sharks are in a steel cage.
Trump can kill two stones with one bird

Old 02-27-2018, 08:25 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
Typical Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-os1Te_cZQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies