Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 12:18 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,490,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
1. Not Trump but Republicans in general have no issue with mentally ill having weapons
2. Unless you are a felon or under 18, you can buy one very easy. Cruz is a good example.
3. No one is coming for your guns - nothing but fear mongering
4. There is a huge gun show loophole - in and out in less than 10 minutes, what kind of background check is that?
5. There is a huge wage disparity
6. Huh?
7. They do, they simply want everyone to own guns no matter what
8. Huh?
9. Huh?
10. Lots of evidence if you would turn off your blinders and actually look.
11. Yes people with guns kill people, no one says guns by themselves kill
Another list of lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2018, 12:20 PM

3,999 posts, read 4,126,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Hre is one way some folks on the right are outright lying about most folks on the left. You want to talk about definitions? Some folks on the right call the left "gun grabbers." Or they outright le by saying the left -- not a few on the left, but the entire left -- want to ban and confiscate all guns. It's not true. It's a lie.
While I agree on principal... the left are a lot more rude about how they go about getting their way. Okay..SOME are rude.... What I see is a lot of yelling, screaming and name calling. I really don't see a lot of righties turning over cars, breaking windows and marching with pink lady parts on their heads. Debating or arguing a point of view on both sides could be constructive.... some of this stuff....well...just makes some of us go in the complete opposite direction....

Old 02-26-2018, 12:20 PM

68,292 posts, read 54,124,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
I wouldn't say people on the left are pushing out lies so much as they are very subtle/clever in how they present information with the intent of manipulating.

I've found that when it comes to "fake news", conservatives tend to just flat out lie (and these lies are usually debunked quite easily), whereas liberals tend to be more sophisticated/sneaky (i.e. Not drilling down to the root of the issue in order to distract from the argument, ignoring the intentions behind the issue, and wording articles/statements in ways that alter the tone of the issue etc..).

I generally find that with conservatives, it's pretty easy to know when someone is lying, whereas with liberals, you tend to have to keep your guard up more.

Great defense of the right, their lies are bigger and more easily detected.

Old 02-26-2018, 12:25 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,178,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
If you want to claim the left is throwing out lie after lie, why not say which ones. Instead of being willing to discuss facts, or discuss things, you seem to want to "question their motives and their moral deficiency"

In other words, you don't want to discuss facts, or even have a discussion. You want to attack people personally. And this is what I have seen more and more from the right.
This is coming from the same poster that wondered why we couldn't have an honest discussion on xxxxx...that thread went over like a fart in church, I imagine this one will too.

Old 02-26-2018, 12:33 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,330,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
1. Trump allowed mentally ills to have firearms
2. Anybody can buy assault rifles
3. Nobody is coming for your guns.
4. Gun show loophole
5. Wage inequality between women and men
6. Assault weapon and the shoulder thing that goes up
7. NRA support people on no-fly list to own firearm
8. Recycling
9. Peaceful religion
10. Evidence of global warming/climate change/Armageddon
11. Guns kill people on their own

Want more?
That is just a list of talking points and agenda items from every right wing talk radio and Fox News opinion show from the last 18 months. A good portion of your list makes no sense at all and the rest requires the brainwashing of right wing media to even understand what you are trying to say. Did you have an actual point you were trying to make?

Old 02-26-2018, 12:36 PM

18,451 posts, read 9,081,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Godless men answer to no one but themselves.
A person’s God usually has the same political and moral beliefs as said person. So when a person is “answering to God†they are usually just answering to themselves anyway.

Old 02-26-2018, 12:39 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,444,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Another list of lies.
Prove they are lies. I already proved most of your list were lies.

Old 02-26-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
That is just a list of talking points and agenda items from every right wing talk radio and Fox News opinion show from the last 18 months. A good portion of your list makes no sense at all and the rest requires the brainwashing of right wing media to even understand what you are trying to say. Did you have an actual point you were trying to make?
Not in good faith here.

I don't watch Fox News. I actually watch CNN. There are their talking points.

Old 02-26-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Prove they are lies. I already proved most of your list were lies.
I assume you are educated enough to know these are lies.

If not, please let me know so that I can educate you.

Old 02-26-2018, 12:41 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,330,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
A person’s God usually has the same political and moral beliefs as said person. So when a person is “answering to God” they are usually just answering to themselves anyway.
It is really strange how the voice in their head AKA God never tells them to do things they weren't planning to do anyway. I will be impressed the day a fundie nutjob like Pence says that God told him to be nice and surprise a gay couple with an amazing wedding cake or that calling your wife "mother' is really freaking weird and he wants him to stop. Republican God is always too busy deciding which poor people we should bomb today, worrying about who is taking a dump in a public toilet and making sure that people have quick and easy access to AR-15 rifles and unlimited ammo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies