Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 02:24 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times

Advertisements

If you can't believe this guy, who can you believe !

He even looks wacky in that depiction of himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2018, 02:25 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
I never quite understand why the left just doesn't release the info if it has nothing to hide. If it's all on the up and up, wouldn't that in fact be justification of your truth instead of prolonging the supposed "accusations" that you continually allude to?
Because its about the privacy of the people involved. Because maybe people dont want to be hassled because some group got their data?

Note-they did offer to release data about dead or withdrawn registrations in order to define the scope of the problem. Turns out they dont want that-they want to have some vague accusation instead.

Old 02-27-2018, 02:25 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
The UK offers dual citizenship, as does the country where I live, but after looking at the benefits, hassles and costs of going through the application and testing process, it wasn't worth it. I also don't "feel" Danish. My loyalty is to the woods and pastures of New England. I do get to vote in local elections, through, once every 4 years. I vote my conscience, not my wallet.
My GB neighbor told me himself he couldn't vote. I think he wishes to return there someday. Quite a lovely area he's from (I got the fortune to visit once). He's a good guy...our political views are quite opposed but nonetheless a great neighbor.

Old 02-27-2018, 03:11 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Illegals registered to vote already?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

They promised us NSA would not break our 4th amendment either...
They make a lot of promises they never intend to keep.
Another nonsensical exaggeration.

People are on to you.

Old 02-27-2018, 03:16 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Illegals registered to vote already? Another nonsensical exaggeration.

People are on to you.
News Flash: The NSA did violate the 4th amendment. According to the IG and Judge Collyer of the FISA court of DC, they said the NSA systematically violated the 4th amendment for five years of the Obama admin. It caused both the FISA court and the FBI to change their policy's on applying for FISA warrants. This is common knowledge.

Old 02-27-2018, 03:19 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
Maybe trump should appoint a commission to look into this kind of voter fraud.

Oh, wait.....

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...banded/549641/
Quote:
President Trump announced he was disbanding his Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity Wednesday, citing a desire not to engage in “endless legal battles at taxpayer expense.”

The genesis of the commission was the president’s baseless claim that “millions” of illegal votes had cost him the popular-vote victory in the 2016 election, when his Democratic rival Hillary Clinton won about three million more votes. Neither the commission nor the president ever turned up evidence supporting Trump’s claim, but the panel became a source of controversy as civil-liberties and voting-rights groups accused the body of violating privacy protections and transparency obligations.

Old 02-27-2018, 03:20 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
[img][/img]

They promised us NSA would not break our 4th amendment either...
They make a lot of promises they never intend to keep.
In Illinois everyone votes many times including the dead.

Old 02-27-2018, 03:27 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Doesn't really matter though does it. A non-citizen doesn't get to vote anyway. My neighbor is from Great Britain. He's here as a legal US resident, but he didn't give up his British citizenship. He has no right to vote here for National elections (I do think that some states and cities allow green card holders to vote locally). Residency and Citizenship are two completely different things. I would think both sides would want to see this whole mess cleaned up.....

There's no mess to clean up. Non-citizens are not entitled to vote in our national elections. Period.

Old 02-27-2018, 03:29 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Maybe trump should appoint a commission to look into this kind of voter fraud.

Oh, wait.....

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...banded/549641/
It was disbanded because governors of states suspected of having mass voter fraud refused to comply and share voter data with the federal commission. It was very smart of Trump to smoke the guilty parties out of their holes. Now they know for sure which states, and more specifically, which counties to focus on. While he disbanded the election commission, he also passed this case to the DHS. The DHS has been quietly chugging away & will have it all sorted out before midterm voting. The D's will not like the results or stricter measures to vote in the midterms.

Old 02-27-2018, 03:29 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
Right, but they aren’t “illegals” in the sense that’s being talked about here
Hard to say, really. "Non-citizens" can be illegal or legal immigrants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
The UK offers dual citizenship, as does the country where I live, but after looking at the benefits, hassles and costs of going through the application and testing process, it wasn't worth it. I also don't "feel" Danish. My loyalty is to the woods and pastures of New England. I do get to vote in local elections, through, once every 4 years. I vote my conscience, not my wallet.
The US doesn't "offer" dual citizenship; it doesn't recognize it. I'm a dualie and when crossing US borders (entering or exiting), I'm required to represent myself as a U.S. citizen. When entering/exiting other countries where I hold a passport, I use that country's passport because I'm either supposed to or am legally required to. I claimed citizenship in other countries simply because I could and it gave me the opportunity to live/work there without needing a visa. No other reason. I keep them valid because it's a bigger hassle if I let them expire. People have all kinds of reasons for having dual citizenship but as far as the U.S. is concerned, I'm a citizen of the U.S. and nowhere else. Even when living in Germany on a German passport, I was a U.S. citizen in the U.S.'s eyes with all the responsibilities of one (like filing income taxes every year, which I did).

Personally I think if you're going to live here for the rest of your life, you should become a U.S. citizen unless it really unduly burdens you (i.e. you risk losing your citizenship in your birth country, which is the case for some). For most first-world nation citizens, this isn't an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies