Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 01:25 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times

Advertisements

[quote=Immerse;51164515]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

Right wing is actively falling for lies, that's the problem and that's why we can't have discussion.

When they fall for a lie believing hillary sold uranium to russia or run a sex ring out of DC pizza place, how is that helping?

When they fall for partisan memo alleging bias whereas all top DOJ and FBI officials are Republicans, including bipartisan Mueller, how is that good for the country?

When they fall for russian bots propaganda that's anti hillary only because they are so hateful, how does it help? Is it Democrats fault they are too slow to tell the difference or willfully ignorant?

When they confused sensible gun reform with "Obummer coming for my gun", how does it help progress??

When they believe orange ****** saying Obama wasnt born in the US or global warming is a chinese hoax, are liberals to blame for their lack of brain?

When they constantly fall for conspiracy theories, deep state and other dumb stuff, you want to blame "level of discourse" or how about applying some accountability?
Perfect example of a partisan post that doesn't care about the truth. The exact example the person you quoted is against.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 07:14 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Exactly, why would that father lie like that -- knowing his lies changed the whole meaning of the communication.

It is awful.
He did it, knowing he'd get caught eventually, because he knew once the lie was out there it would live on with a certain segment of society. He's a selfish pig bent on hating the media and he did his son a lot of damage.

Old 02-28-2018, 10:34 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
[quote=Loveshiscountry;51167708]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
Perfect example of a partisan post that doesn't care about the truth. The exact example the person you quoted is against.

Actually there's some good points in that post. I think both sides are too caught up in "winning" and lies become a way to win. It's unfortunate. Winners create losers and we live in a time when both sides need to put country first and come together. This tribalism needs to end. So do the lies. So do the troll threads that take a myopic view point and turn it into hyperbolic spin.

We don't know what CNN's motives were for not allowing the student to change his question. It may be as simple as a time constraint for his turn. The fact that the father lied about it and altered the email is despicable. What kind of message is he sending to his child? What kind of a person is he trying to raise?

Lies are never okay.

Old 02-28-2018, 10:51 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwong7 View Post
I don't like liars and I don't buy the father's excuse. It seems very likely to me that he wanted to squash the discussion on gun control, take CNN down a peg or two, and get his 15 minutes of fame from the right-wing extreme. Notice how the moderates didn't even blink with respect to his claims, yet the extremes were foaming at the mouth. This guy intentionally doctored/forged a document and lied about it. Sadly, I don't have much hope in his kid becoming an honorable citizen. They are too wrapped up and blinded by their agenda to just be honest and truthful.
Agreed.

What a terrible example to set for his son.

Old 02-28-2018, 10:55 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
From what I can tell, CNN decided to host a town hall, and have the students turn in questions to be asked.

CNN then went through all of the questions, and through some kind of process, decided which questions would be asked.

One of the kids whose question was selected, then decided to change his question. CNN told him he wasn't allowed to change his question.

The kid and his father were dishonest in their story, but it should be obvious that not every question submitted was asked. So what questions were ignored? And what did he change his question to, where it was deemed unacceptable?

No one who watched that town hall could possibly believed that CNN was doing anything but staging a partisan political stunt.

But everything is politicized anymore, so I have come to expect it.
Apparently father/son wanted the son to deliver a speech rather than ask a question.

CNN said "questions only."

"In both versions of the email, CNN producer Carrie Stevenson rejected Colton Haab’s idea for a speech that he wrote. Instead, she ask for one question “so that we can get to as many people as possible.”"

CNN Claims Father Of School Shooting Hero May Have “Doctored” Email | Deadline

Old 02-28-2018, 11:55 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,253,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
Shooting survivor's father admits he altered email exchanges with CNN | TheHill

Where is right wing, FOX News issuing correction to CNN?
Here you go.
"On their respective shows Tuesday evening, Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity backed away from the story after news emerged that Haab’s father had doctored emails and removed key phrases that served to incriminate CNN."

Old 02-28-2018, 01:32 PM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
Here you go.
"On their respective shows Tuesday evening, Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity backed away from the story after news emerged that Haab’s father had doctored emails and removed key phrases that served to incriminate CNN."
Tucker absolutely talked about it and he didn't look too happy.

Old 02-28-2018, 02:17 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Carlson Tucker :...there is no evidence as of right now that CNN tried to give Colton Haab a scripted question"

Like he expects that the metadata might change at any moment.

He just can't bring himself to say "I wrongly reported based on being fed [gobbling up] inaccurate information and for that I apologize. You my viewers, deserve better."

Last edited by maciesmom; 02-28-2018 at 02:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies