Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2018, 07:09 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
It absolutely does. It goes to show how lethal that weapon is and one's like it. They are meant/designed to kill en mass, not for hunting as gun owners like to claim which is a ludicrous argument on its face. Its an assault weapon that must be removed from our streets. Plain and simple. All the other measures will not stop these mass shootings. Until we address the heart of the issue, which is guns, this will not stop. It will only get worse.
I'll be hunting with my AR tomorrow, and the week after that, and the year after that one.

Old 03-06-2018, 07:35 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
I'm not sure he will win that one just due to the wording of the statute:

2015 ORS 166.470
Unless relief has been granted under ORS 166.273 (Relief from firearm prohibitions related to mental health) or 166.274 (Relief from prohibition against possessing or receiving firearm) or 18 U.S.C. 925(c) or the expunction laws of this state or an equivalent law of another jurisdiction, a person may not intentionally sell, deliver or otherwise transfer any firearm when the transferor knows or reasonably should know that the recipient:
(a) Is under 18 years of age;

I think he'd have a better chance of winning if it said "a person 18 over may purchase a gun"

Old 03-06-2018, 08:31 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
How are we on the wrong side of history ? Please explain.
I've explained it to you countless times. It's not my problem you fail to see what's right in front of your nose.

Old 03-06-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
again you keep telling the same debunked fib

the ar15 is not a weapon of war.....an m16 is... but not an ar15
AR-15 is a weapon of war and it should be banned. As long as we have gun owners constantly trying to explain away common sense, I will be out here constantly reminding folks like you what that weapon truly is and what it truly is designed to do and that is kill en mass.

Old 03-06-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You can GTFOH....your nonsense makes you look foolish, are you really telling me that if a bullet hits your bone it won't shatter it?

Thanks for your opinion....that's all your comment is....back with zero information....
Awww, did my last response hurt your feelings?

It is my opinion and apparently Trump's dumbass agrees more with me than you since he wants to take guns first and give due process second. Let's start with that AR-15! BANISH IT!!!!

Old 03-06-2018, 08:41 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
I've explained it to you countless times. It's not my problem you fail to see what's right in front of your nose.

Seems to me that numerous people on this thread have corrected you over and over and you still fail to understand simple logic. What you want is a ban on all semi auto rifles, pure and simple. You can not try and single out one of the many types of rifles out there function the exact same as the one you want banned and say that particular one is a "weapon of war".

Old 03-06-2018, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
you keep lying about that, and when challenged to define it...you slink away like a snake

35 pages, and 694 posts and yet you fail to give a response

you still are not defining (you wanted ban) of what an assault weapon is

everyone of those ? is was an ar15 could have....with the exception of caliber size (and even that too)

is it caliber size
is it magazine(round storage) size
is it semi-auto
is it a handguard to protect the hands from a hot barrel
is it that it can have a scope mounted
is it that it can have a bipod mounted
is it because its (as the rolling stones said) Painted Black

nearly everyone of those option is available on nearly every weapon...to include handguns

the only one that is not available on nearly every weapon is: and its NOT available on the ar15 without an ILLEGAL mod

is it full auto

the ar15 is available:
in different calibers
in different magazine(round storage) size
in different styles of handguard to protect the hands from a hot barrel
in different scope mounts
in different bipod mounted
in different colors

nearly every rifle has those different options,,,over 65% of ALL rifles are semi

so if YOU are going to say BAN assault weapons LIKE the ar15...you are meaning nearly all rifles....AND HANDGUNS...... so make a definition otherwise you ARE SAYING ban them all..including handguns and pump shotguns

so which is it handgun owner...ban an UNDEFINED set of weapons(which really means ban all).. or maintain our constitutional rights that shall no be infringed

come on Marine...stand up and answer the question
Name calling does ZERO to advance your argument because the argument your making is loaded with holes and inaccuracies -- Sorry, you lose! My posts speak for themselves and instead of constantly offering this thread and online community worthless word salad, go back and re-read them. You disagree with my stance & tens of millions of other Americans on AR-15's but that's your choice. The 2A needs to be restricted. Even crazy Scalia admitted as much.

And again, let's ban AR-15's and all like weapons IMMEDIATELY. Handguns are fine for the 100th time. That's my stance and if you don't like the answer, ummm, so what!

Old 03-06-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Seems to me that numerous people on this thread have corrected you over and over and you still fail to understand simple logic. What you want is a ban on all semi auto rifles, pure and simple. You can not try and single out one of the many types of rifles out there function the exact same as the one you want banned and say that particular one is a "weapon of war".
What are you? The master of all things guns now?!?!? That's silly. I want a ban on AR-15's and like weapons because they are again weapons of war and do not need to be on our streets or in our communities. I can and will continue to single out AR-15's and similar weapons. If you don't like it, that's just too damn bad. There is incontrovertible evidence in the public space what these guns do in comparison to handguns. The NYT's piece quoted several highly skilled surgeons that explained to you the differences in what an AR-15 style assault rifle can do to the human body vs any handgun.

The NRA lobby with a few million loudmouth supporters should not be able to dictate to the rest of -- the majority of the country -- that AR-15's are no worse than a handgun. BS!

Old 03-06-2018, 08:52 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Awww, did my last response hurt your feelings?

It is my opinion and apparently Trump's dumbass agrees more with me than you since he wants to take guns first and give due process second. Let's start with that AR-15! BANISH IT!!!!

Nah....just showing how childish you are....

If that's what you want to think, I guess you can, but it shows you have zero common sense on the subject, congrats, you must be proud and doing such a great job for your side.

Old 03-06-2018, 08:54 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Pistols, 9,000 plus deaths....

AR15, less than 200....

BAN THE AR....it's a WEAPON of war...talk about zero common sense....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies