Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 04:57 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,342,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Privilege is a natural part of humanity. It's one of the rewards of success to be able to give your kids a head start in life. It's something to be proud of, but the "have-nots" are always looking for an excuse to steal from successful people. Free housing, food, childbirth and education is not enough (all payed for by successful people BTW). They want to steal from our children.

Their constant cry's to oppress and steal from successful people are deplorable. They have no morals and no shame and their greed knows no bounds.

We have to start calling out these people out for what they are, before they destroy our society.
Exactly, there is no such thing as equality. Even identical twins grow a bit apart and one has more success than the other.

Best predictor of poverty is low IQ.

High IQ = privilege
Low IQ = no privilege

Old 02-28-2018, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Trying to prove that privilege doesn't exist to soothe their guilty little hearts.

Old 02-28-2018, 05:02 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,253 times
Why Am I fat? It's my genes, not because I'm eating burgers and candies all day.

Why can't I hold a relationship with a man? It's because my mother sneezed when I was 3, not because I'm stinking like a marinated onion in mustard.

Why Am I a loser? It's because white privilege, not because I'm lazy like a cat and stupid like a shoe.

Old 02-28-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Those who aren't privileged should have picked better families to be born into. Let that be a lesson to them.

Look at Trump. He picked a family headed by a man who could leave him $200 million for putzing around in school and playing tennis.
Yes, having great parents is a lottery.

Or you could end up like this kid:

Old 02-28-2018, 05:10 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,701,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Your post in nonsense. Of course privilege exists. If one kid is born to a mother who has to work 3 jobs to make ends meet in south Memphis, who lives in a rent controlled apartment in a bad neighborhood and school district, and another is born to a nice family in Westchester County, NY in a nice neighborhood in a good school district, who lives in a $1,000,000 home, they are not equal. The one in NY is far more privileged, simply by being born to a good family with money. Even if the poor mother in Memphis cares deeply about her child, there is much less she can do for them. Much less time they can spend with her. Much less for the child to do, and worse teachers to help them, etc....

No, it is you who seems to lack critical thinking skills.
Also, other scenarios for instance.

if you never had to help your parents out with the bills, take out massive student loans to pay for education, never had to work while going to school then you are privileged.

If you never experienced being consistently hungry for days, or only for just a few hours then you are also in some ways privilege.

Old 02-28-2018, 07:21 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times
Quote:
Those who aren't privileged should have picked better families to be born into. Let that be a lesson to them.

Look at Trump. He picked a family headed by a man who could leave him $200 million for putzing around in school and playing tennis.
But you have already made it clear that a very good looking man born into immense wealth is less privileged than an unattractive and poor white male, because "white" and "male" is more important than anything else.

The reality on the other hand is that the corporate media just use the rhetoric of white male privilege as a way to avoid talking about class, which is the elephant in the room. A class conscious society is a threat to their power. People bickering about skin colors is no threat to the ruling elite.

Old 02-28-2018, 07:42 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,918 times
A feeling of privilege is one result of being raised by bad parents.

A sense of responsibility is one result of being raised by good parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies