Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 02:32 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,934,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
It was a gunshot.

"Frazier confirmed that at least one shot was fired after a principal used a key to try and get into the barricaded classroom. A bullet had gone through an exterior window of the room, but it didn't appear Davidson was aiming at any person, Frazier added."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...school-n851986
Now we have some coverage, thank you.

People need to stop assuming. The first story did NOT have a confirmed gunshot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 02:34 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
Oh, just wait until those parent vs teacher shootouts
LMAO...can’t wait!!

Old 02-28-2018, 02:34 PM

45,319 posts, read 60,489,441 times
All I have to say that if I had a gun the day a Vice Principal observed me and downgraded the observation because I didn't have enough Kleenex stations in the room I would have shot the dumbass.

Old 02-28-2018, 02:37 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,526,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Nobody.

I'd chill in the hallway and anyone who threatened to see what was going on would get told to slow their roll.

No class > class
Maybe some of them actually wanted to learn something today- and they did, just not what they expected.

Old 02-28-2018, 02:44 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,925,299 times
The US seems hell bent on going back to the old west frontier days it seems.

Old 02-28-2018, 02:50 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,002,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
The US seems hell bent on going back to the old west frontier days it seems.
Oddly enough, many towns in the "old West" did not allow guns within the city limits. Indeed, the "Gunfight at OK Corral" was due to, in part, Clanton and the McLaury brothers not checking in their guns to the town marshal, Virgil Earp, upon their arrival in Tombstone (there was, however, already bad blood between the parties).

Old 02-28-2018, 03:02 PM

8,493 posts, read 4,550,068 times
Is she one of the teachers Trump wants armed?

Old 02-28-2018, 03:09 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,026,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I find it stupid that millions of people are obsessed with things like reality TV, college football, all kinds of other things, but I don't think that makes them "sick" just because they like different things than I do.
I would say that obsession with reality TV is unhealthy.

Obsession with guns is both unhealthy and a sickness in terms of society, as is blatantly obvious to anyone with any common sense at this point in history..in other words not gun nuts but everyone else. The kind of person who thinks putting more guns in the school wouldn't lead to more incidents as a whole that negate any mass shootings that might be stopped..a simple logical step a 12 year old of average intelligence should be able to take, gun nuts can't take that step, they are so crypto religiously obsessed with guns.

A person obsessed with fire is a pyromaniac and most people would say that is an unhealthy urge and dangerous to society......a person obsessed with guns to the point that so many people on this forum seem to be are also dangerous to society, but somehow in 21st century USA it considered normal by some segments, and to some people even patriotic and proper. That's why the rest of the civilized world thinks our country is whacked out on this matter.

Old 02-28-2018, 03:19 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,971,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I would say that obsession with reality TV is unhealthy.

Obsession with guns is both unhealthy and a sickness in terms of society, as is blatantly obvious to anyone with any common sense at this point in history..in other words not gun nuts but everyone else. The kind of person who thinks putting more guns in the school wouldn't lead to more incidents as a whole that negate any mass shootings that might be stopped..a simple logical step a 12 year old of average intelligence should be able to take, gun nuts can't take that step, they are so crypto religiously obsessed with guns.

A person obsessed with fire is a pyromaniac and most people would say that is an unhealthy urge and dangerous to society......a person obsessed with guns to the point that so many people on this forum seem to be are also dangerous to society, but somehow in 21st century USA it considered normal by some segments, and to some people even patriotic and proper. That's why the rest of the civilized world thinks our country is whacked out on this matter.
And I'd say its unhealthy for someone to be so obsessed with their own political narrative that they call other people "nuts" or "lacking common sense" when there are perfectly good examples out there of situations that you decry as dangerous and a cause for more incidents, yet they have not caused more incidents.

But here we are, facts be damned if you disagree with dman and his political opinions.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...s-trump-362397

Old 02-28-2018, 03:35 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,156,553 times
Has it even been a week since trump started promoting this idiotic idea?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies