Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 05:56 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It's actually a study in the case to impeach a president. It just so happens to be Trump at the moment. Per the actual article shared (which I'm guessing you didn't bother to read) - it actually reviews all 19 impeachments in US History.
Sure, a 1-unit weekend class will cover 19 impeachments. Come on. It's a class to offer reasons why Trump should be impeached.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 06:03 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
If you have ever taken a political science or even law class - you would know this isn't true.

There are entire classes around the impeachment of Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton - examining the minutia of what happened.

A classic example of what Fox News does is completely LIE about the class - which, of course, you fell for.
Correction
  • Bill Clinton was Impeached
  • Richard Nixon was not Impeached
Bill Clinton is the only President to be Impeached in modern US History. He is also an accused rapist.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:08 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
It's actually a study in the case to impeach a president. It just so happens to be Trump at the moment. Per the actual article shared (which I'm guessing you didn't bother to read) - it actually reviews all 19 impeachments in US History.
Then it can't be as you described. All but 2 of those 19 impeachment did not involve the President.

Old 02-28-2018, 07:28 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,595,148 times
is Maxine attending this course?

Old 02-28-2018, 07:31 PM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

I sure hope that people's tax dollars aren't going toward this garbage.

Old 02-28-2018, 07:34 PM

16,068 posts, read 10,726,642 times
Well, the gun huggers claim they need their assault weapons to overthrow the government when they decide it's time to do so. I see no problem with a course of study looking at a peaceful and legal approach to regime change. Less blood on the pavement that way.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:30 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
It's absolutely true. I watched an interview with some woman from San Diego who is faculty, and she was actually defending this garbage! It was laughable!
I figured out many years ago that NONE of this stuff is "laughable" ...... it's what they are carefully indoctrinating students to believe. These folks and the cupcakes/snowflakes they indoctrinate are totally clueless about the US Constitution or even the rule of Law.

The ME-ME-ME generation is being brainwashed - and that is no "laughing" matter.

But Lichtman writes that he’s not calling for a “witch hunt,” but rather “to assess at what point impeachment becomes necessary to protect America’s constitutional liberties and the vital interests of the nation.”

For these Leftists -- the "vital interest of the nation" was that Hillary would get her crown.
They went into a Total Hysterical Meltdown when that didn't happen and it's now been over 16 Months of non-stop Hostility, Media bombardment, Protests, Resistance, Fake news, "investigations" -- I've never seen anything close to this. No Laughing Matter at all.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:28 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I figured out many years ago that NONE of this stuff is "laughable" ...... it's what they are carefully indoctrinating students to believe. These folks and the cupcakes/snowflakes they indoctrinate are totally clueless about the US Constitution or even the rule of Law.

The ME-ME-ME generation is being brainwashed - and that is no "laughing" matter.

But Lichtman writes that he’s not calling for a “witch hunt,” but rather “to assess at what point impeachment becomes necessary to protect America’s constitutional liberties and the vital interests of the nation.”

For these Leftists -- the "vital interest of the nation" was that Hillary would get her crown.
They went into a Total Hysterical Meltdown when that didn't happen and it's now been over 16 Months of non-stop Hostility, Media bombardment, Protests, Resistance, Fake news, "investigations" -- I've never seen anything close to this. No Laughing Matter at all.
I wonder when these snippy snowflakes will have time to attend? Perhaps between their full schedule of "transgendered studies" and "enviormental racism" classes...

Old 02-28-2018, 09:34 PM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
If you have ever taken a political science or even law class - you would know this isn't true.

There are entire classes around the impeachment of Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton - examining the minutia of what happened.

A classic example of what Fox News does is completely LIE about the class - which, of course, you fell for.
We have now posted multiple sources, including the local news station that verified the story. What-are they all part of some "vast, right-wing conspiracy"? You seem to have spent so much time watching CNN that you have forgotten that there actually are some sources that tell the truth once in a while.

If Trump is still president at the end of the semester, does the entire class get a failing grade?

Old 02-28-2018, 09:50 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Must be a fascinating course. They have a lot to work with considering the huge cast of characters and all of their illegal and/or inept goings on. No shortage of circumstances and machinations to analyze and unravel...treachery, nepotism, money laundering, lying to the FBI, indictments, foreign adversaries and their interference, breaking of oaths, corruption, etc. This course has got it all.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 02-28-2018 at 10:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies