Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 05:21 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Wonder how the GOP in Congress and the 'base' is going to take Trump's flip flop? Will he learn about politics the hard way?

"Hillary will take your guns away!" And so will Donald Trump, apparently.

I think Trump will play to the 60% and the base is left in the dust of gun control. Trump, the liberal Dem is back!

"...Trump also said some of his fellow Republicans were "petrified" of the NRA, called on lawmakers to produce a “comprehensive” gun bill, and squelched prospects for a GOP-backed concealed carry proposal as part of a broader gun package..."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ing/381145002/

No, Donald 'it's all about me' Trump has never been away, he just hoodwinked enough people to win the election and keep P T Barnum laughing his butt off somewhere. Anyone who thought Trump would be loyal to anyone or any party over himself better climb back on the turnip truck, ride a few more miles, and try and learn something before you fall off again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 05:21 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Great point. It's the personality not the policy. Trumpistas follow Trump unconditionally .....
I really believe that the GOP would have tried to impeach Obama if he made that statement.

Threaten the second amendment? That is treason!

Old 02-28-2018, 05:23 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
No, Donald 'it's all about me' Trump has never been away, he just hoodwinked enough people to win the election and keep P T Barnum laughing his butt off somewhere. Anyone who thought Trump would be loyal to anyone or any party over himself better climb back on the turnip truck, ride a few more miles, and try and learn something before you fall off again.
Personally, I don't really expect him to stand by his words.

As soon as he got off camera, I bet Stephen Miller reamed him out for saying that. Like DACA, he says one thing at the bipartisan meeting, then turned around and screwed them all by 'changing his mind'.

Old 02-28-2018, 05:25 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,755,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
That is brilliant. You put it plain and simple.....

Old 02-28-2018, 05:26 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:

As soon as he got off camera, I bet Stephen Miller reamed him out for saying that. Like DACA, he says one thing at the bipartisan meeting, then turned around and screwed them all by 'changing his mind'.

Sounds like Miller will be gone soon, I doubt Donny lets anyone ream him out without retribution.

Old 02-28-2018, 05:33 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,587,568 times
If Trump isn't careful, we might just let "the Resistance" get him.

Old 02-28-2018, 05:33 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,239 times
In the meeting today, Trump said police should have taken the shooter's guns prior to the school shooting. He told Pence that any court case would have taken a long time but at least the shooter would not have his guns. As a liberal, I wonder why conservatives and gun nuts aren't up in arms? Isn't this what they were deceivingly spouting for 8 years that Obama was going to take their guns?

Old 02-28-2018, 05:37 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Who’d of thunk that Trump wants a strong gun control bill? I’m not holding my breath but here’s hoping something of significance can be done.
Before some media phobic person comes on and says fake news...make sure you find the clip today of him, Trump talking about the gun control measures and how 'he is the President' that is going to change things.

This is not going to go over well at all

Old 02-28-2018, 05:39 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:

It will all depend who attacks him the most aggressively and makes Trump think that he will 'lose' (lose popularity, approval, votes) if he adopts a specific policy.

Right now I suspect the NRA has the upper hand.

I don't believe for one minute Trump will champion gun control measures.

Old 02-28-2018, 05:39 PM

20,865 posts, read 9,532,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
In the meeting today, Trump said police should have taken the shooter's guns prior to the school shooting. He told Pence that any court case would have taken a long time but at least the shooter would not have his guns. As a liberal, I wonder why conservatives and gun nuts aren't up in arms? Isn't this what they were deceivingly spouting for 8 years that Obama was going to take their guns?
Read some of the comments on Breitbart and you'll find some conservatives and gun nuts freaking out:
Trump Wants Joe Manchin's Gun Control, Rejects Steve Scalise's National Reciprocity Push | Breitbart
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies