Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2018, 04:07 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,798,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Allegedly...

Her nickname in the WH by other staffers is "The Real Daughter."

And Ivanka's nickname is: "The Real Wife."
So Trump takes it out on Sessions.

Word origin of 'whipping boy'
C17: originally referring to a boy who was educated with a prince and who received punishment for any faults committed by the prince
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 04:07 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
More like lying to the people who elected you. Now, the lying will be a stain on her reputation and follow her wherever she goes. Lying is never a good thing, and having to leave your job for having a problem with the truth is bad. So it really sucks to leave in disgrace, for lying for this administration.
You're talking about Hillary, aren't you?
And Obama, come to think of it
And EVERY CAREER POLITICIAN.

Old 02-28-2018, 04:08 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
White Lies are gonna take the Orange One down...along with a lot of people.

Old 02-28-2018, 04:09 PM

18,046 posts, read 15,639,191 times
What was that about cleaning out the swamp?

It doesn't count when you fill the swamp first.

Old 02-28-2018, 04:09 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,925,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Kushner needs to be drinking protein shakes by the gallon and lifting weights like a fiend. He needs to get tough real quick or learn to run very fast to avoid getting passed around like a joint while in prison. Doing time in a federal prison is a Kushner family tradition.
I doubt that Kushner will ever go to prison, but if he does his biggest problem will be finishing his tennis game in time to make his tee time.

Old 02-28-2018, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
White Lies are gonna take the Orange One down...along with a lot of people.
It was just some white lies that started the Watergate hearings ball rolling. Little white lies grow and grow.

Old 02-28-2018, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Who hasn't told white lies for their boss?. "He's in a meeting." "He hasn't had a chance to read your proposal but I'm sure he'll be interested." "It's under consideration."

Loonies desperate for any glimmer...
Yes, I'm sure that is what she means.....rather than trying to "ease herself into" the fact that she told the country - and perhaps others (Congress? Atty. General, whoever else?) boldfaced and possibly illegal lies.

We'll see soon enough. I'm sure Mr. Mueller is following the events closely.

Old 02-28-2018, 04:14 PM

Woodward & Bernstein really need to get the band back together.

Old 02-28-2018, 04:14 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I grew up in the NYC area and have been hearing about Trump for more than 35 years, I never thought his philosophy of life was anything but ME! ME! ME!, the minions be damned.
Damn straight.

Anyone who didn't live in the NYC area wasn't exposed to Trump stories for the last 35 years.

From him calling media outlets as his own spokesman to pump himself up (John Barron) to Trump bullying small contractors who worked on his projects, to Trump showing up at the last hour of a charity event uninvited where other celebrates are looking at each with a "What is he doing here?", Trump stepped on anyone who got in his way. It is evident when his actions failed to meet what he says, because to Trump, words are cheap, so he says whatever he wants to get his way.

Old 02-28-2018, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Kushner needs to be drinking protein shakes by the gallon and lifting weights like a fiend. He needs to get tough real quick or learn to run very fast to avoid getting passed around like a joint while in prison. Doing time in a federal prison is a Kushner family tradition.
Club Fed - all he needs to know is which teams he is gonna play softball on.

AND, these types of people don't do time. His "punishment" will be self-inflicted and probably involve the total bankruptcy of his Real Estate company. He is sinking fast unless some foreign countries give him money for his bad real estate deals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies