U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 03:18 AM

37,955 posts, read 14,800,640 times

Advertisements

So conservatives are going to have opposition to spreading their hate speech and BS conspiracy theories on YouTube?

Cry me a river.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2018, 03:24 AM

37,955 posts, read 14,800,640 times
Folks will just have to go to Breitbart and KKK websites to get their daily dose of hate-filled BS.

Old 04-02-2018, 06:23 AM

9,748 posts, read 3,142,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
So conservatives are going to have opposition to spreading their hate speech and BS conspiracy theories on YouTube?

Cry me a river.

Typical lib

Feels the only way they an win is censor the opposing viewpoint

Old 04-02-2018, 06:28 AM

7,087 posts, read 1,578,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
We knew this was coming. The liberal tech companies are getting together with ultra liberal groups to shut down any opposition to left wing views.
I'm not surprised at all. Many of the giant tech companies are run by California liberals.

Not a good business move by Youtube, IMO. But they're free to do whatever they wish I guess.

Old 04-02-2018, 06:41 AM

1,596 posts, read 395,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Folks will just have to go to Breitbart and KKK websites to get their daily dose of hate-filled BS.
Reminds me of the "All in the Family" episode "The Game the Bunkers play" at 10:50 where the liberal open-minded Mike "Meathead" Stivic acted like the intolerant Archie Bunker.
https://youtu.be/d_oBGh0c7ZA?t=10m50s

Might be worth for some memes. The 2nd one refer to others SPLC threads posted on C-D.
Southern Poverty Law Center Transfers Millions in Cash to Offshore Entities
The Southern Poverty Law Center Scam

via Imgflip Meme Generator
via Imgflip Meme Generator

Old 04-02-2018, 07:03 AM

10,728 posts, read 13,633,516 times
I'm not for censorship, but when almost every comment thread on youtube is polluted with terms like "snowflake, soy boy, beta" ad infinitum by the same wannabe tough guy losers day in and day out, it starts to make the resource have no value.

Old 04-02-2018, 07:09 AM

10,487 posts, read 6,183,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Hate speech is something the Communists invented to try and attack the First Amendment.

As for SPLC, I know who is funding them too:

Abbott Laboratories
Apple
Bank of America
Charles Schwab
Deutsche Bank
Disney
Freddie Mac
JPMorgan Chase
Kraft Heinz
Liberty Mutual
Lyft
MGM
Newman’s Own
Pfizer
Progressive Insurance
Shell
Verizon
Oddly enough, several of these corporations are favored by conservatives:

The 10 Companies Most Loved by Conservatives | Fortune

Out of this list of 10, you have: Apple, Bank of America, J. P. Morgan, and Disney.

I would also think, although I do not have proof, that Abbott Lab, Charles Schwab, Freddie Mac, Liberty Mutual, Shell and Pfizer would also rank pretty high on 'conservative' investment lists.

Anyway, large corporations will fund various causes. Hedging their bets, if you will.

Old 04-02-2018, 07:16 AM

1,596 posts, read 395,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I'm not for censorship, but when almost every comment thread on youtube is polluted with terms like "snowflake, soy boy, beta" ad infinitum by the same wannabe tough guy losers day in and day out, it starts to make the resource have no value.
It's not new, there was other terms we used well before that. Here in Quebec, there was a time when some Anglophones used to call us "French pea soup" while some Francophones used to call them "têtes carrés" (squarehead).

And remember in Peanuts comics, Lucy Van Pelt used to call Charlie Brown and/or Linus "blockhead", just imagine the uproar if Charles M. Schulz was still alive today and keep using that term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies