Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 08:44 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Translation: Both of you don't agree with me and anyone that disagrees with me obviously has to be wrong.

Welcome to 2018. Anything other than 100% unquestioned agreement means you condone sexual assault or have done it yourself. Shaming is the preferred technique of course.

I have always believed a woman has something above her neck, not just below it. I respect that fact. I believe treat others the way you would like to be treated. I believe hands off unless consent is given. I believe NO means NO! I believe women deserve autonomy over their bodies- same as men.
But that STILL isn't good enough apparently. Is it because I don't 100% of the time blame men for everything that goes wrong in terms of male/female interactions?
It seems like to disagree in ANY way is to be considered the next Weinstein
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2018, 09:02 PM

4,009 posts, read 6,863,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Welcome to 2018. Anything other than 100% unquestioned agreement means you condone sexual assault or have done it yourself. Shaming is the preferred technique of course.

I have always believed a woman has something above her neck, not just below it. I respect that fact. I believe treat others the way you would like to be treated. I believe hands off unless consent is given. I believe NO means NO! I believe women deserve autonomy over their bodies- same as men.

But that STILL isn't good enough apparently. Is it because I don't 100% of the time blame men for everything that goes wrong in terms of male/female interactions?
It seems like to disagree in ANY way is to be considered the next Weinstein
I believe that the bolded is "good enough". I'm sure others would feel the same way. I would think that those who didn't feel that was adequate would be outliers.

And OTT... but where on the Sunshine Coast have you settled? Beautiful part of the world. I grew up in Brisbane myself, but now happily call Missouri home ♡

Old 03-02-2018, 09:35 PM

46,949 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Translation: Both of you don't agree with me and anyone that disagrees with me obviously has to be wrong.
You have so far manifestly failed to establish any sort of link between Puritan/Victorian mores and the metoo movement. And you haven't addressed any of the criticisms brought up, so - I am kinda dismissing you now, yes.

Old 03-03-2018, 06:00 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,863,586 times
Quote:
Only because there are factual inaccuracies in your perception of the Puritans stance toward sex. I subsequently disagree with your imagined link between your incorrect version of history and the MeToo movement.

Old 03-03-2018, 12:04 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
What a thread! A person who knows nothing about the Salem witch trials which was started by little girls who were mad at a neighbor and accused her of doing witchcraft. As another said , said no one was burned and that one guy was crushed to death.

Seems to me this metoo movement is about women being able to dress like hookers but then when they get a rise out of a man, pun intended, they scream bloody murder. You shouldn't be able to have it both ways. Dress and act decently and you should have no problems. These women seem to want to castrate all men.

Old 03-03-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Seems to me this metoo movement is about women being able to dress like hookers but then when they get a rise out of a man, pun intended, they scream bloody murder. You shouldn't be able to have it both ways. Dress and act decently and you should have no problems. These women seem to want to castrate all men.
I always thought of self-control, restraint, empathy and decency as ideals that a man should strive for. Guess there's a subset of males (I hesitate to call them men) who just can't control themselves at the sight of a shapely female - rather pathetic.

I used to be with a beer-drinking and running organization that had a relaxed attitude to attire or lack of same, for both genders. The rules were simple: Don't touch without consent. Naked isn't consent. Turns out even beer-soaked men in their 20s can handle that simple concept.

On the upside, there's several thousand mullahs agreeing with you that women must dress with decency to avoid inflaming the libidos of men.

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 03-03-2018 at 12:32 PM..

Old 03-03-2018, 12:21 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post

Aw, please instruct us on how to dress and act decently, because your views matter more than other people's!

Are you saying men are not in control of their own actions? One halter top and you lose it?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-03-2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Are you saying men are not in control of their own actions?
Men are in control of their actions. Not sure what those males who aren't should be called, but - they're not men, as far as I'm concerned.

Old 03-03-2018, 03:24 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Men are in control of their actions. Not sure what those males who aren't should be called, but - they're not men, as far as I'm concerned.
All the men in my life have no problems, but apparently their is a subset of men who have control issues.... At least according to that one poster.

This thread is pretty funny though.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-04-2018, 08:27 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
All the men in my life have no problems, but apparently their is a subset of men who have control issues.... At least according to that one poster.

This thread is pretty funny though.
This one poster does realize that males think primarily with the head below their waist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies