Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 09:03 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Honestly after doing extensive research into evolution, despite current cultural mores regarding sex with individuals under 18, I now know that sex starting at puberty is pretty normal through almost all of our evolutionary history so assuming it's "consensual" and I'm not talking about the legal definition of consent, but the practical, common sense definition, I don't really care about these stories. The law will say you were "grooming" which is nothing more than getting to know a person and getting them to be comfortable with you and trust you, like anyone at any age does when they meet a person. Life was not as complicated back then and there was no need to get major "life experience" because all you did was try to survive.. you weren't learning 3 languages and traveling to 20 countries.

As late as the 1800's we were marrying at age 14-15. It's been said that Mary gave birth to Jesus between the age of 12-14. Age of consent is the one thing most major religions never address, because people were having babies at age 12 and 13 back then, most definitely. The prime breeding age is 14 to about 26. You can have babies and have the strength to raise them and better chance of fending off predators than if you wait until you're older, especially without modern medicine to mend your arthritis or unclog your arteries.

It might not be culturally acceptable these days, but biologically if you look at mammals it's perfectly natural to start procreating at puberty. I will continue to agree that it's not very smart and will agree that the age of consent laws do more good than harm, but as far as it being "evil" and going and sterilizing or castrating people for desiring a 14 year old, I entirely disagree.

A teacher procreating with a student should perhaps result in said teacher being fired, even in a college setting however. Certain professional standards to keep the peace should be maintained, because we shouldn't just give in to every temptation we have in all environments. Relationships with students can create tension and disruption within the class. In this regard I would have the teacher fired.

However as far as arguing whether it's "evil" or not I entirely disagree, unless it's rape, which can occur with 2 people of any age. Flame all you want, it's pure science and as a man of science who thrives on logic the truth is enjoyable to have, even if it offends people. Carry on.
Actually, its a myth that people married and procreated at much younger ages than today. As a man of science, I'm sure you'll be happy to learn some facts. (Citations are at the bottom of the article)

https://historymyths.wordpress.com/2...he-olden-days/

As a matter of fact, while the rich tended to "marry" earlier, marriage wasn't always consumated right away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2018, 09:19 AM

14 posts, read 18,221 times
A man robs a bank, shoots up the place, and injures a customer.
A woman robs a bank, shoots up the place, and injures a customer.
Which one should face charges?

A woman DUI causes a wreck.
A man DUI causes a wreck.
Which one should face charges?

A 26 year old male has sex with a female child and people want rape charges filed and think the child's life is ruined.
A 26 year old female has sex with a male child and people want to pat the boy on the back and let the woman slide.
That right there explains a fair amount of modern day societal problems.

Stockwiz makes some valid points in the name of science within his/her post even if I may not agree with all of them. However in modern culture, and forgive me for not having studied them in depth enough to make concrete affirmation, I do believe that laws apply to humans in general regardless of gender, not females get one set of consequences and males another.
Or the idea that if you (general you) rob a bank but no one finds out or was "hurt" by it then it must be ok, is wrong.

Generally I don't comment in the POC section because most threads devolve into bickering by the fifth or sixth post and it all reads pretty much the same, regardless of the topic, but when it comes to kids and how we shape future generations we should be more mindful that such double standards are confusing to them.
Thoughts and principles will stay with them long after their bodies mature so instead of thinking one should pat their 14 year old boy on the back, how might you feel if it were your 26 year old grown son or daughter who seduced an 8th grader and gave them pot?

Old 03-01-2018, 01:10 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
They shouldn't hire attractive women as teachers. Men and older women would be a safer bet.

There should also be stricter dress codes for teachers. I think they have been encouraged to be more like friends to the students rather than keeping it professional.
"Only the ugly need apply?"

That should be a hell of a recruiting tool.

Looks have nothing to do with morality.

Old 03-01-2018, 01:55 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Someone else will have to answer as to why these women do it but I have to say to the boys, good job. They get laid, nude photos and then when the gal is exposed, they get to sue the schools for a fortune...why would you not do it?

At the risk of hypocrisy, I don't think this is a serious crime, I mean what is the harm to the 14 year old boy getting some sex? Girls are another matter, they need to be protected.
Why would girls need to be protected? They have sex drives as well- how come they don't get high fives for sleeping with teacher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Hah, I don't know what a girl wants at 14 but I remember what I wanted LOL.

But yeah I agree. Any man who has a sexual relationship with a 14 year old needs to be taken out and shot. But the female....I don't know. This is DNA and instinct we are talking about here.

I mean she should lose her job but I think that's where it should end.

Because statutory rape (which is what this is) should have different punishments depending if the victim is male or female because of biology? Throw the book at the male teacher but no real consequences for the female teacher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Baloney. Huge difference between men and women. This is not going to harm this 14 year old. It will be a story he proudly tells his whole life to his closest buddies.

For a 14 year old girl it is outright rape and a horrible thing.

Seriously, you want this young women's life ruined over this? She can't be a teacher, that much is certain.

They need to develop better screening for young females before they are hired. Problem is, there is not a surplus of college grads applying for teaching positions and it's getting worse all the time.

I think this has been going on forever. I think the districts just quietly allowed the women to resign before this crazy social media world was born.
Oh we can't ruin the poor female teachers life because all men, no matter what age are always ready to have sex? Rape is somehow less traumatizing for males than females?

Every time this happens men run in here and ask where these teachers were when they were in school and want to give high fives to the boys involved. They don't do this when the sexes are reversed. If you are willing to let older women instruct boys in sexual matters, why can't older men instruct girls in sexual matters? Girls have urges and desires; why can't they have stories they can tell their friends about sleeping with teachers?

And I wonder if high fives would still be offered if the teenager got the teacher pregnant and he/his family had to pay child support. Or if he caught an STD or became HIV positive from having sex with a 'hot' teacher.

Old 03-01-2018, 02:07 PM

39 posts, read 43,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
The kid was crying so obviously this was hurting him. Some people who think this is a joke need to understand that because he's a boy doesn't make this ok or even less damaging than if it was a girl.

His grades also suffered after this. He's damaged. The Insta-ho is a sexual predator who hurt a child for her own perverted pleasure.
Here's another one:

Pennsylvania teacher pleads guilty to sex with a 16-year-old student | Daily Mail Online

Quote:
A former Pennsylvania high school teacher has pleaded guilty to having sex with her 16-year-old student and sending him texts, which ultimately led to her arrest.

Investigators say 38-year-old Melissa Bonkoski started communicating outside of school with a male student who was in her science class during his freshman year. They allege she kissed him multiple times in her car and assaulted him at her home in 2016.

An investigation began when the victim’s girlfriend discovered desperate text messages from Bonkoski on the boy's phone and alerted the authorities.
The hell???

Old 03-01-2018, 02:09 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,253 times
I had this kind of thing when I was 14.
One of the best things that happened to me. She taught me how to handle a woman, and it helped me to get girls way out of my league.

Old 03-01-2018, 02:14 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Actually, its a myth that people married and procreated at much younger ages than today. As a man of science, I'm sure you'll be happy to learn some facts. (Citations are at the bottom of the article)

https://historymyths.wordpress.com/2...he-olden-days/

As a matter of fact, while the rich tended to "marry" earlier, marriage wasn't always consumated right away.
I appreciate your link. One thing I'll say is your research only went back to the 1700's. Though marrying at 14 and 15 was done during the 1700's and 1800's, I never said it was common or done by the majority. Most modern values about marrying a bit older were firmly in place by then.

You have to go back more like 500 years or more before procreation closer to puberty becomes commonplace, perhaps even back to the time when mainstream religions were founded. Either way I love to explore the history of our species and your link has inspired me to do more digging. Thanks!

When I talk about having sex at puberty being common through most of our evolutionary history, that starts around 500,000 years ago and goes until around 500 to 1000 years ago. Modern culture provided opportunities for education that meant there was no reason for girls to have babies at age 13 and no reason for boys to toil on the farm in lieu of getting a formal education, though many boys did do this in the 1800's which is why families had so many kids.. more farm labor. In today's society I would say it would be best to wait until around age 30 to have kids, given the opportunities that present themselves for personal betterment that are better taken advantage of unencumbered with the responsibilities of childbearing.

Anyways, should this teacher have sent nudes to a 14 year old? No. Should she be thrown in prison? No. Is she evil? No. Should she be fired? Yes. Should she be allowed to teach again? I'll leave that up to her ability to wipe her record clean and leave it up to the school districts in question. I'm not saying she shouldn't be given a second chance.

Old 03-01-2018, 02:36 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
One more thing.. if an older man ever took advantage of my daughter and she was 13 and let's say the man was 30.. I wouldn't even hesitate.. I'd get my 9MM, load up a magazine, find the guy, and unload the entire magazine into his chest.

On the other hand if my 13-14 year old son got pleasured by a 30 year old decent looking woman.. honestly I'd probably just ask him if he enjoyed it or not..

I guess I have the same double standard as a man a lot of other men do... and just because I said it might be biologically normal, that doesn't mean I'd let some man get away with it...

Old 03-01-2018, 02:43 PM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
Why would girls need to be protected? They have sex drives as well- how come they don't get high fives for sleeping with teacher?

Because statutory rape (which is what this is) should have different punishments depending if the victim is male or female because of biology? Throw the book at the male teacher but no real consequences for the female teacher?

Oh we can't ruin the poor female teachers life because all men, no matter what age are always ready to have sex? Rape is somehow less traumatizing for males than females?

Every time this happens men run in here and ask where these teachers were when they were in school and want to give high fives to the boys involved. They don't do this when the sexes are reversed. If you are willing to let older women instruct boys in sexual matters, why can't older men instruct girls in sexual matters? Girls have urges and desires; why can't they have stories they can tell their friends about sleeping with teachers?

And I wonder if high fives would still be offered if the teenager got the teacher pregnant and he/his family had to pay child support. Or if he caught an STD or became HIV positive from having sex with a 'hot' teacher.
Sorry you are fighting (unsuccessfully) against Human Nature.

Old 03-01-2018, 02:55 PM

19,636 posts, read 12,226,539 times
You guys can puff your chests up all you want about how great this is, but this former teacher is going to be treated as a sex offender. This is legally rape and that is it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies